Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #3,424 of 7,334
Back after a few hours, Eikon have a bigger enveloping soundstage than LCD2C. Mids are more forward. Female vocals are more engaging. Like sitting in a studio with the singer singing right in front of me and singing just for me. This is where LCD2Cs are lacking.

Eikon have better micro details too. Better treble extension. Less forgiving. Not yet sibilant but hi-hats can be distracting. Can be good or bad depending on genres. LCD2Cs not lacking in details, never sibilant and is warm and soothing.

Conclusion, LCD2Cs are better for better extended relaxing listening. If I can only keep either LCD2C or the Eikon, I would have kept the LCD2C.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #3,426 of 7,334
Mimby+magni 3 seem to be within your budget and a great pairing. Mimby is damn good and all you ever need from a dac. If you can stretch your budget, I recommend you try Lyr 3, Carbon X, or Gillmore Lite.

Avoid Eddie Current ZD Jr with LCD 2C. You want something that brings out the wonderful bass. Plus I heard many people have hum problems with it.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #3,427 of 7,334
Mimby+magni 3 seem to be within your budget and a great pairing. Mimby is damn good and all you ever need from a dac. If you can stretch your budget, I recommend you try Lyr 3, Carbon X, or Gillmore Lite.

Avoid Eddie Current ZD Jr with LCD 2C. You want something that brings out the wonderful bass. Plus I heard many people have hum problems with it.

Mimby?

Maybe go for this amp and upgrade later? How much better is the carbon x?

Can i use the chord mojo with magni? :)

Aug 25, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #3,429 of 7,334
Will you use it for portable or desktop? If desktop, skip the Mojo. But if you wish to go portable, Mojo is fine.

Desktop. I already have the mojo,but im tired of charging it all the time.And while charging and use at same time,it gets very warm.Afraid of damaging it.But also would like an desktop amp who is connected to the laptop all the time.And use it with sonaworks true fi :)

Aug 25, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #3,433 of 7,334
Tnx for all the help :) .Got some early birthday present (money) to my bank account,so was able to order a amp.I took the chance on the Massdrop Liquid Carbon X + SDAC DAC/Amp.But one question.I have ordered it,but havent gotten charged from my bank account?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back