Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #3,452 of 7,334
Hmm, I had the 2F aluminum, but it was uncomfortable and I didn't like the mids... I have HE560s now and I miss the hard, clean bass, but I like myself some vocals
Would the 2C suffice? Maybe E-MU teak?

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #3,453 of 7,334
If you get a chance to audition these before purchasing, please try to use these with the Reveal plugin for the LCD-2C (also in Roon). Set it to 100% wet with the linear phase EQ. There should be a 2-3 second delay in playback, which should let you know that it worked. I also have a -6.0 db adjustment that I apply to make sure nothing clips. To make for the decrease, just slightly turn up the headphone amp. You may end up with a different conclusion depending on if the plugin is used or not. It addresses the overall tonal problems and makes it lot easier to enjoy. Less shouty.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #3,454 of 7,334
Hmm, I had the 2F aluminum, but it was uncomfortable and I didn't like the mids... I have HE560s now and I miss the hard, clean bass, but I like myself some vocals
Would the 2C suffice? Maybe E-MU teak?
E-mu teak are no where near the same category or league as the lcd2c. The emu are slow and very v shaped. Missing on the mids quite a bit.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #3,456 of 7,334
Within the last two weeks I received an LCD-2c, Beyerdynamic dt-1990 pro’s and an Audio-Gd NFB-28.38

While I’m sure things are changing the more I listen, as everything is brand new, I can say that the Audio-Gd powers both cans very well.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #3,457 of 7,334
Damn, a lot has been said about the bass on those and the thx00, but I guess that's their main focus. I guess I should look into zmfs?
About the bass is it hits hard but it also does not have as much sub bass as the lcd2c either.

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #3,458 of 7,334
Within the last two weeks I received an LCD-2c, Beyerdynamic dt-1990 pro’s and an Audio-Gd NFB-28.38

While I’m sure things are changing the more I listen, as everything is brand new, I can say that the Audio-Gd powers both cans very well.
How do you like the lcd 2 classics? I just got a Mimby Jotunheim stack and wanted to upgrade to a nicer planar HP from my 4XX to the lcd 2C and that idea got crushed in the Ananda thread about the classics having very little detail not good imaging and weak treble lol.

I don’t want something super analytical or dry and boring but I also don’t want something crazy colored sound which completely colors the sound either

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #3,459 of 7,334
Anybody compared hifimans vs lcd2 classics? I got the sundara but was thinking about swapping them for the classics hoping they have a bit more bass response than sundaras.

I used to have the old LCD2 rev2 back in the day but it was extremely uncomfortable and now I see classic has much better headband and its slightly lighter weight too.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #3,460 of 7,334
The classic got detail, mate. It may not be the benchmark in technicalities, but it is not a slack too. Details are pretty good actually.

Soundstage and imaging is all right. Depth is better than width. I appreciate depth more than width. Treble is present, but air is a bit lacking.

The coloration is from the dip in upper mid. Lower and mid mid are fine, but upper mid is shelved, making female vocals sound a bit congested. It really depends on your taste. I still enjoy it immensely. There is sorta real life quality to its sound, if that makes any sense. Every headphone has its pros and cons. Its main strength is still bass, weight, and impact.

I think you better have a try yourself.

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #3,461 of 7,334
Anybody compared hifimans vs lcd2 classics? I got the sundara but was thinking about swapping them for the classics hoping they have a bit more bass response than sundaras.

I used to have the old LCD2 rev2 back in the day but it was extremely uncomfortable and now I see classic has much better headband and its slightly lighter weight too.
The 2C bass will crush all hifimans including Susvara. No contest. But hifimans work better for female vocals. Different styles. I like both.

But I just cannot justify hifiman pricing, build quality, and reliability. Even HEK felt really really cheap. No way I'm paying top dollars for that. Give it a try and compare with the 2C. If you dont mind, then go ahead.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #3,462 of 7,334
The 2C bass will crush all hifimans including Susvara. No contest. But hifimans work better for female vocals. Different styles. I like both.
Thanks, I got the HD600s for vocals already and not really looking to replace them, just want some nice clean bass for lofi/ambient and other electronic stuff. I think I'll give 2Cs a try.

Aug 27, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #3,464 of 7,334
The classic got detail, mate. It may not be the benchmark in technicalities, but it is not a slack too. Details are pretty good actually.

Soundstage and imaging is all right. Depth is better than width. I appreciate depth more than width. Treble is present, but air is a bit lacking.

The coloration is from the dip in upper mid. Lower and mid mid are fine, but upper mid is shelved, making female vocals sound a bit congested. It really depends on your taste. I still enjoy it immensely. There is sorta real life quality to its sound, if that makes any sense. Every headphone has its pros and cons. Its main strength is still bass, weight, and impact.

I think you better have a try yourself.
I wish I could but there are no shops anywhere near me. I’m assuming that’s how most people try them out.
I might have to buy used set of both and sell the one I don’t like and hope I don’t lose money but that scares me a bit.
I probably could buy them brand new and return inside the 30 day but I’ve never done that before and idk if I want to start now

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #3,465 of 7,334
I wish I could but there are no shops anywhere near me. I’m assuming that’s how most people try them out.
I might have to buy used set of both and sell the one I don’t like and hope I don’t lose money but that scares me a bit.
I probably could buy them brand new and return inside the 30 day but I’ve never done that before and idk if I want to start now
Please note the build quality and reliability issue with hifiman. I see a headphone from a whole perspective. I think they present terrible price-to-performance. They aren't good looking and feel really cheap.

I'm just giving an input, based on my experience. I wish someone warned me when I started out. But it is your choice. For me, I'd rather put my money on a company that is more deserving.

Good luck regardless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back