Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #1,534 of 7,334
Yeah, I’ll probably keep it at normal. Though, it does seem Turbo is more punchy. However, as said before I’m under the weather so I could just be going crazy. :p
It is more punchy, and vocals are more upfront.. (Normal setting slightly warmer) iFi products are the swiss army knife of amps, love em!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,535 of 7,334
In terms of comfort it seems that LCD2C is quite a bit improved compares to the original LCD2's, what about M1060 ?
I've hear M1060 is slightly(?) more comfortable than LCD2's due to its lighter weight, but it is still a bit heavy and presses against the top of my head quite a bit with its band design after hours of wearing. In contrast, my Emu Teak with Brainwavz Sheepskin pads are more comfortable for long sessions with more evenly distributed weight.
I really like the planar sound of M1060, but hoping LCD2C makes a bit difference in the comfort area.
I know Aeon Flow Open is the way to go for comfort, but I worry about the sound signature difference.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #1,536 of 7,334
In terms of comfort it seems that LCD2C is quite a bit improved compares to the original LCD2's, what about M1060 ?
I've hear M1060 is slightly(?) more comfortable than LCD2's due to its lighter weight, but it is still a bit heavy and presses against the top of my head quite a bit with its band design after hours of wearing. In contrast, my Emu Teak with Brainwavz Sheepskin pads are more comfortable for long sessions with more evenly distributed weight.
I really like the planar sound of M1060, but hoping LCD2C makes a bit difference in the comfort area.
I know Aeon Flow Open is the way to go for comfort, but I worry about the sound signature difference.

I think the LCD2C are extremely comfortable, and I never feel that they are too heavy. The new suspension strap is perfect. I love the fit of these. Not tight, not loose, just right. But I've never tried the Monoprice.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,537 of 7,334
Are there any mentions here as to how these actually sound compared to the Fazor cans? Im really interested in getting a pair, just not sure which ones to save up for. Seems like every audiophile enthusiasts should have at least one LCD in their collection...right?

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,538 of 7,334
Are there any mentions here as to how these actually sound compared to the Fazor cans? Im really interested in getting a pair, just not sure which ones to save up for. Seems like every audiophile enthusiasts should have at least one LCD in their collection...right?
Yes, I think every audiophile should have a (laid-back) planar.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,539 of 7,334
You guys think there’s anything wrong with keeping these on a stand like this?

ghZStVM.jpg

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #1,540 of 7,334

ghZStVM.jpg

I love the stand for their presentation but not sure how much it's going to impact pads lifespan via the compression overtime though, I guess that depends on how tight is the fit.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #1,541 of 7,334
I love the stand for their presentation but not sure how much it's going to impact pads lifespan via the compression overtime though, I guess that depends on how tight is the fit.

Yeah I was worried about that. It’s about the same as my head would be. Perhaps I should grab a hanger type instead.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,542 of 7,334
I knew it had to be, but after the $280 mistake I already made I couldn't afford another. Cheers.

It's been awhile since I had a decent sized combo unit to try this with. Last time was the Audio GD NFB 15.32, which combines a Wolfson-based DAC w/a rather strong headphone amp. I ran RCA cables from L/R "DAC out" jacks to other amps. An interesting way to get different perspectives on how the DAC sounds--also to realize 1-2 other amps on hand sounded slightly better than the built-in amp in certain ways.

If the problem is insufficient power on the A4, outputting it to the Magni 3 will certainly solve that problem.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,543 of 7,334
It's been awhile since I had a decent sized combo unit to try this with. Last time was the Audio GD NFB 15.32, which combines a Wolfson-based DAC w/a rather strong headphone amp. I ran RCA cables from L/R "DAC out" jacks to other amps. An interesting way to get different perspectives on how the DAC sounds--also to realize 1-2 other amps on hand sounded slightly better than the built-in amp in certain ways.

If the problem is insufficient power on the A4, outputting it to the Magni 3 will certainly solve that problem.

Thank you, appreciate the input!

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #1,544 of 7,334

ghZStVM.jpg
I have the same stand and I don’t use it for the same reason the other poster pointed out - it will shorten the life of your pads quite a bit. A good hanger stand with a wide hanger (like the Woo stands) is your best bet. Personally I either keep them on a soft cloth on my desk between sessions, or back in their box when I won’t use them for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back