Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #1,471 of 7,335
I saw a picture in here and saw that the grill part was a reused lcd-x one and got curious and opened mine up and saw it's for an LCD3. I wonder if everyone of these are reused. I actually flipped both sides so it has the LCD3 on the outside and not the LCD2C for fun.

I have a black aluminum bodied LCD-2 Fazor from December 2016 that is way less common than the wood bodied ones and I have a feeling it was from the LCD-X. I might flip the side to take a look as I'm curious now. There was also a silver aluminum version LCD-2 which I believe was part of a clearance sale 2 or so years ago.

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #1,472 of 7,335
I saw a picture in here and saw that the grill part was a reused lcd-x one and got curious and opened mine up and saw it's for an LCD3. I wonder if everyone of these are reused. I actually flipped both sides so it has the LCD3 on the outside and not the LCD2C for fun.
I’m not sure if that’s funny or just sad. Shows how Audeze must have rushed to get them to market. But by the sound of it they did a good job anyway, which is all that counts.

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #1,473 of 7,335
I have a black aluminum bodied LCD-2 Fazor from December 2016 that is way less common than the wood bodied ones and I have a feeling it was from the LCD-X. I might flip the side to take a look as I'm curious now. There was also a silver aluminum version LCD-2 which I believe was part of a clearance sale 2 or so years ago.
I have those aluminum LCDs. Both the best looking and best sounding headphones I’ve ever owned. I think the metal cups look more refined than wood (and unlike wood, won’t crack), and I prefer the sound sig to the fazor LCD-3 I auditioned. The only flaw I can pick out is the slight upper mid dip that sometimes makes female vocals on a few albums sound hollow or resonant, but for those I switch over to the Atticus.

I’m yet to see a head-to-head comparison between the LCD-2C and LCD-2F that goes into detail on measurements and differences/similarities. Guess that’ll come with Tyll’s review in a few weeks’ time.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #1,474 of 7,335
I bought them through Moon Audio and they have a restocking fee. Either way, I'll lose a bit so I figured I'd post them here. If they don't sell, I'll eat the restocking fee and ship them back.

Are you sure you can return them to Moon Audio? Their site states:

We do NOT accept returns on the following items: IEMs (in ear monitors), open box headphones, earphones, ear pads, ear tips, custom orders, preorders, special orders, sale or discounted items, specially priced items and used or showroom demonstration items.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #1,475 of 7,335
Are you sure you can return them to Moon Audio? Their site states:

We do NOT accept returns on the following items: IEMs (in ear monitors), open box headphones, earphones, ear pads, ear tips, custom orders, preorders, special orders, sale or discounted items, specially priced items and used or showroom demonstration items.

When I bought them, their site simply listed them as in stock, no "pre-order" mentioned.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,476 of 7,335
Lol that is pretty janky. @ShamuellJackson

EDIT; it’s crazy people are having problems with the weight of these. They’re super comfortable for me and I basically forget about them.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,477 of 7,335
It seems so far they’ve all been LCD-3 grills (the image was also of an LCD-3 grill). I’m curious to see if mine are as well, but I’m not sure whether removing the grill voids the warranty or not.

Anyone more familiar with Audeze know if that is the case or not?

As for comfort, I think I’m warming up to them, I haven’t had comfort issues for a few days. I think they’re not good to wear if I already have a bit of a headache, but I don’t think they’ll cause one (like all other LCDs I’ve tried do) which is a huge step up! I’m currently using them with a bit of EQ (Reveal plus my own tweaks) and an M-Stage first gen and these things seriously sound phenomenal. Absurd value for $600, and if I dont run into any comfort concerns after wearing them for a whole day, they may make me sell my HD800’s (I’m more of a one headphone kinda guy).

Just bought an ifi iDSD Micro from the classifieds here, excited to see how it sounds with the 2C.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #1,478 of 7,335
Can anyone tell me if the safest / most appropriate way to hang these headphones on a stand is on the top metal headband and not the flexible cloth underneath? Or does it not really matter because the cloth underneath shouldn't permanently be altered?

This is my headphone stand:
I second that question. I've been hanging mine like this for the better part of a week, and the strap seems to be holding up fine, but I would like to make sure that it won't stretch it out too much over time.
IMG_20180104_093637215.jpg

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,479 of 7,335
Lol i hope mine say lcd 3 how do you know its reused and not taken from factory ?

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,480 of 7,335
Mine say LCD-3 as well. I assume they made more grills for those headphones than they ended up needing and repurposed them. There is no visible sign of wear on them, so I'm totally fine with them reusing components to make the headphones as affordable as they are.

Also, from a trusted source, do not worry about the crinkle of the diaphragms when you get a seal. It will vary based mostly on your humidity and similar conditions how much they make that noise, but it is not something that is abnormal at all.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #1,481 of 7,335
Lol i hope mine say lcd 3 how do you know its reused and not taken from factory ?
Sorry I probably should have said re-purposed not reused. I would assume they are still new from them.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,483 of 7,335
I second that question. I've been hanging mine like this for the better part of a week, and the strap seems to be holding up fine, but I would like to make sure that it won't stretch it out too much over time.

When I had LCD-3 and LCD-2, I was careful not to store them long term hanging since they're quite heavy. I just placed them on a cloth on a table or desk. I'd probably do that same with the LCD-2C.

It's find to hang them just throughout the day though, just not for long term, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back