Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #1,277 of 7,334
long time lurker of this thread have to make account for this
LCD-2 and LCD-2C does not sound the same. I tried out my friend LCD-2 F with JDS element and immediately fallen in love so I went out get LCD-2C and I was completely disappointed. At first i thought it was my amp doesn't have enough power to drive the LCD-2C so I got my friend JDS element to try it out and it still the same. He and I both agreed that it doesn't have same feel like LCD-2F . So I'm returning this and got LCD-2F on adorama for 650 and just take hit for returns fee.

If that is the case, buying a more powerful amp may not help.

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,278 of 7,334
Best way i can explain it the way LCD-2F move air when it generating sounds and sounds just come at you way the LCD-2C doenst have any of that. The intro of Queen Bohemian Rhapsody on LCD-2F you can literally feel the differents vocal coming at you at different location of headphone but on LCD-2 you can only hear vocal. To me LCD-2F just make music feel more alive.

For prices I dont believe it worth the 600 dollars compare to LCD-2F which often come up on sale on Adorama for around 650. Don't get me wrong it sound good but nothing compare to LCD-2F

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,283 of 7,334
Best way i can explain it the way LCD-2F move air when it generating sounds and sounds just come at you way the LCD-2C doenst have any of that. The intro of Queen Bohemian Rhapsody on LCD-2F you can literally feel the differents vocal coming at you at different location of headphone but on LCD-2 you can only hear vocal. To me LCD-2F just make music feel more alive.

For prices I dont believe it worth the 600 dollars compare to LCD-2F which often come up on sale on Adorama for around 650. Don't get me wrong it sound good but nothing compare to LCD-2F
I have no idea what you're talking about

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,284 of 7,334
It would be most helpful if anyone who says “the LCD-2C is dissapointing” or “the LCD-2F is rubbish” or anything similar along those lines substantiate their opinions with actual examples of how and why they think so.

It would also be good to know if they actually own these headphones, or at least how long they got to listen to them, and what sources they used.

Otherwise it’s all just noise and doesn’t help anyone.

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #1,286 of 7,334
To put if I need a better amp to rest, I should be able to hook it up to my home theater receiver (Onkyo TX-SR608) via front headphone out correct? If it sounds fuller in base I know that's what it is before I go through all the trouble of returning my HP-A4. Can someone verify if these specs will drive my LCD2C's adequately?

Thanks in advance,
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 1.15.24 PM.png

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #1,287 of 7,334
To put if I need a better amp to rest, I should be able to hook it up to my home theater receiver (Onkyo TX-SR608) via front headphone out correct? If it sounds fuller in base I know that's what it is before I go through all the trouble of returning my HP-A4. Can someone verify if these specs will drive my LCD2C's adequately?

Thanks in advance,
Those don't give us the headphone out specs

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,288 of 7,334

Thanks in advance,
Unfortunately probably not. Most AV receivers have fairly high output impedance through their headphone jacks, which won’t play nice with your LCD. Still you can give it a go. It as easy as plugging in and having s listen. Just don’t expect it to sound anywhere near as good as a dedicated headamp.

Also what you’ve pasted is the speaker amp section. See if you can find the headphone amp section and post those specs.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,289 of 7,334
Those don't give us the headphone out specs

Unfortunately probably not. Most AV receivers have fairly high output impedance through their headphone jacks, which won’t play nice with your LCD. Still you can give it a go. It as easy as plugging in and having s listen. Just don’t expect it to sound anywhere near as good as a dedicated headamp.

Also what you’ve pasted is the speaker amp section. See if you can find the headphone amp section and post those specs.

Ugh, I haven't been able to find anything specific on the headphone out, so I was hoping I was just missing something here. The only problem I have is I don't know anyone else in my area that would have a suitable headphone amp (or any for that matter) to test with, so trying anything I can to verify before I send stuff back.

Appreciate the responses as always.

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,290 of 7,334

I'm not surprised at why 2F literally has better imaging and has more focus than a non-fazor LCD but there are more to explain why some people still prefer the non-fazor over fazor or vice-versa, I hope someone here who has both rev2.1, 2.2 prefazor compared to this 2C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back