Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #1,306 of 7,334
What' EQ has anyone done on these so far? I've tried sonarworks and using the LCD-2 setting. It's not too bad. I prefer the upfront upper end more. It really brings out things I felt kinda sounded like they were coming thru a hole in a wall. Thoughts?

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #1,307 of 7,334
I was about to say the HPA4BL seems to drive them fine but looking at the specs on Fostex site it seems like the added power and extra power I get out the balanced might be the reason why. I'm not sure whats up but I swear i got the amp $100 cheaper then whats its listed for online a earlier in the year.

https://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/HP-A4BL.shtml#content-3-tab-tab

https://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/HP-A4.shtml#content-3-tab-tab
Funny that my HP-A4BL just got in today and it seen to be able to drive LCD-2C fine I'm at around 12 o'clock on high gain and it loud enough. I didn't posted on here to bash the LCD-2C it just that it sound signature is different from LCD-2 Fazor. Pretty much come down to this if you tried the LCD-2 Fazor and like it then classic might not be for you. I would recommend trying out the LCD-2 Fazor before any decided to buy the classic. That 's just my 2 cent.
OCZiYxP.jpg

u18lr

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #1,308 of 7,334
Alright Audeze, the 2c is a hit, now make a 2cc! An LCD-2 Classic Closed! A closed back LCD without dropping $1800 with a nice suspension headband would be an insta-buy for me! Need that Audeze LCD goodness at work!

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #1,309 of 7,334
Is it weird that the headphone makes a strange crinkling noise due to what I'm thinking is air pressure when you push or slightly pull back and forth with them on?
LCD cans are known for that (I've read here in the forums), and rumored to have a lot of returns because of it, thinking the paper thin design might be why.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #1,310 of 7,334
Been listening to these on and off with random tracks on Spotify, eventually threw on some DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames/Fury of the Storm. I have a brand new appreciation for these headphones. The speed of these headphones along with the clarity and resolution is amazing.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #1,311 of 7,334
You can probably find a McDonalds in Antarctica or in the Amazon jungle so not surprising.
I've eaten at McDonald's in Manaus, in the heart of the Amazon jungle. :)

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #1,312 of 7,334
Does anyone feel the pads are a bit soft? My ear touches the driver housing on my right side and it bothers me to no end. Also curious still if anyone has any EQ suggestions. I've found bumping up the top end has made things really come alive a bit more, I'm very much looking forward to a professional tuning

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #1,313 of 7,334
Is it weird that the headphone makes a strange crinkling noise due to what I'm thinking is air pressure when you push or slightly pull back and forth with them on?
The LCD creates a ‘vacuum’ seal around your ears. It’s important when you put them on or take them off to do so slowly, so as not to create too much pressure. You DO NOT want to hear the crinkling noise, because it means you’re flexing the driver. Carry on doing that and they’ll pop or crack, a $400 out of warranty fix! The LCD-4 is meant to have a felt liner than releases this pressure, so I guess the LCD-2C doesn’t. All will be well if you make sure to gently put them on and pull them off, but whatever you do don’t press them against your ears like you’ve been doing unless you want to blow the drivers.

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #1,314 of 7,334
Does anyone feel the pads are a bit soft? My ear touches the driver housing on my right side and it bothers me to no end. Also curious still if anyone has any EQ suggestions. I've found bumping up the top end has made things really come alive a bit more, I'm very much looking forward to a professional tuning
Ask Audeze to send you some fazor foam inserts. They send these out for free (for fazor users, but I’m sure they will for you as well) to prevent the fazors from touching your ears. These go on the inside of the pads and add about 1-2mm of depth, which doesn’t affect the sound at all but prevents your ears from touching the drivers.

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,315 of 7,334
The pads act like a vacuum seal when you put them on. Probably the only thing I dislike about the stock pads. If that troubles you, you can always change em out to something else.
You really shouldn’t be swapping out LCD pads, unless you really want to change the sound sig. Not much you can do about the vaccuum seal, but in fairness Audeze should be mentioning it in the user manual and showing users how to avoid damaging the drivers as a result.

Dec 30, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #1,316 of 7,334
The LCD creates a ‘vacuum’ seal around your ears. It’s important when you put them on or take them off to do so slowly, so as not to create too much pressure. You DO NOT want to hear the crinkling noise, because it means you’re flexing the driver. Carry on doing that and they’ll pop or crack, a $400 out of warranty fix! The LCD-4 is meant to have a felt liner than releases this pressure, so I guess the LCD-2C doesn’t. All will be well if you make sure to gently put them on and pull them off, but whatever you do don’t press them against your ears like you’ve been doing unless you want to blow the drivers.

Oh man.. Lol I've done it a bunch. But I've not heard any difference yet. I'll be more careful :)

Dec 30, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #1,317 of 7,334
Audeze has a 30day return policy? I have to say, I'm getting very tempted into returning these and buying a Clear. I love this headphone, but deep textured bass isn't my endgame. I guess I'm realizing I listen to a lot more acoustic and frankly this headphone is just a bit too muted in that area for me. The EQ'ing has helped a ton but I'm just wondering if the Clear will be a solid step up in that department. Not to mention it looks amazing. Also comfort, yes the LCD2C is comfortable but it's still very heavy. I can't say it disappears on my head but it's not uncomfortable, it's just there always. It could be more comfortable is what I'm trying to say.

Dec 30, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #1,318 of 7,334
Audeze has a 30day return policy? I have to say, I'm getting very tempted into returning these and buying a Clear. I love this headphone, but deep textured bass isn't my endgame. I guess I'm realizing I listen to a lot more acoustic and frankly this headphone is just a bit too muted in that area for me. The EQ'ing has helped a ton but I'm just wondering if the Clear will be a solid step up in that department. Not to mention it looks amazing. Also comfort, yes the LCD2C is comfortable but it's still very heavy. I can't say it disappears on my head but it's not uncomfortable, it's just there always. It could be more comfortable is what I'm trying to say.

Clear is 450g (vs lcd2c 520g). The difference in weight is there, but it is only 70g. I am curious about whether this difference is marginal, or it makes a real difference for a long listening session.

Dec 30, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #1,319 of 7,334
If you like the LCD-2C but feel it needs a bit more on top, try out the LCD-2F. You can get great deals on these at Adorama from time to time, for $650 including leather pads and carry case. I initially wanted an LCD-2C for its 'darker' tone but couldn't wait so got the aluminium LCD-2F from Adorama, and I'm glad I did, because they're bright enough for almost any genre without ever being sibilant, and still have the famous Audeze zero-distortion bass and liquid mids. Also, at the price, they're much cheaper than the Clear.

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #1,320 of 7,334
I guess I'm realizing I listen to a lot more acoustic and frankly this headphone is just a bit too muted in that area for me.

I personally realized nothing beats old good HD600 when it comes to acoustic. That's when I sold my LCD-2F couple years ago. Still miss that bass, though.. they were a blast for electronica.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back