Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #1,231 of 7,334
Which courrier did you use? If i was shure that i wouldn't pay vat i would buy now

The only one available from audeze (fedex). Can't say if it was because of that. I know that there has been a lot in the news about swedish postal/customs being overworked because of to many packages so might just be that they haven't had time to check everything.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #1,232 of 7,334
Mine came in today. I have never listened to an Audeze or have even held one for that matter. Heavy, but feels good on the head. Overall the build quality is good. That said, cant say I'm impressed with the sound comparing it to my EMU Teak using a Magni 3. In basic terms it just lacks the clarity and punch of my Teak. Listening to instrument heavy songs is just a let down in comparison to the Teak. Looking for something to make them stand out from my Teaks but I'm just not finding any, other than them costing $200 more. Wish I had another Amp to try them with as it might be the Magni 3 that is holding them back. Will most likely be sending them back.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #1,233 of 7,334
Mine came in today. I have never listened to an Audeze or have even held one for that matter. Heavy, but feels good on the head. Overall the build quality is good. That said, cant say I'm impressed with the sound comparing it to my EMU Teak using a Magni 3. In basic terms it just lacks the clarity and punch of my Teak. Listening to instrument heavy songs is just a let down in comparison to the Teak. Looking for something to make them stand out from my Teaks but I'm just not finding any, other than them costing $200 more. Wish I had another Amp to try them with as it might be the Magni 3 that is holding them back. Will most likely be sending them back.
You may just not like the Audeze LCD darker sound signature.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #1,234 of 7,334

Mine came in today as well, I've got zero issues with the weight of the headphones coming from the M1060s. Headphone weight doesn't really seem to affect me compared to some others opinions I've read. I've never heard the Teaks but from what I've gathered they seem to be up there in the basshead region of cans. You definitely won't get that punchy bass with the LCD2C like you would with the Teaks, but you do get the very clean and fast bass of planar magnetics. These seem to have slightly more punch than other planars in this price range down in the sub-bass region. The cleanliness of the bass put the M1060s and my HE4XX to shame. I'm using the Magni 3 paired with the Mimby and the headphones have amazing clarity in the lows, mids and highs. Definitely not as much clarity as my HD700s in the mids and highs region but there is a very distinct imaging between instrumentation that I can pick out all the little things in background. Even with less than an hour with them on, I'm pretty impressed with the headphones. I've read from others opinions that these headphones change a bit in sound with time, I'm not a big believer of burn-in but I'd say give these headphones exclusivity for at least a week and compare them again to your Teaks. Your opinion might change since your head will be adjusting to the sound.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #1,239 of 7,334
My pair from Moon-Audio was shipped today. Will be getting it soon. Hope it is good enough for electronic music, because my GS2000e isn't cutting it for that type of music.
You will enjoy these with EDM. They get just about everything right for my ears. They sound amazing with vocals and best thing of all, there's no sibilance with female vocals.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #1,240 of 7,334
No, $599. The day after my order they raised it to $799.
Wow, I thought they would stay at $599 until at least Jan, 1 2018, that is the end of the holiday season.
Can anyone who has or has heard the Classic and the LCD-2 , tell me what advantage the classic would have over the lcd2 at $799 vs 999 , other than $200 ?

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #1,241 of 7,334
Wow, I thought they would stay at $599 until at least Jan, 1 2018, that is the end of the holiday season.
Can anyone who has or has heard the Classic and the LCD-2 , tell me what advantage the classic would have over the lcd2 at $799 vs 999 , other than $200 ?
Thats at moon audio not audeze

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #1,242 of 7,334
I ordered mine from audeze.com for $599. When I look at my order it says.

Riskified Verification Pending

WTH is that? Moon Audio was at $799 so I did not order from them.

Audeze uses a system called riskified to see whether they should sell to customers. Unfortunately, it’s known for tons of false positives, and if you’re a false positive, Audeze will refuse to sell to you. I was a false positive and Audeze refuses to sell to me despite my high credit score, zero derogatory marks, and 100% on time payment history. I also don’t have a history of returning items yet Audeze will cancel my order right after I make it.

One way to be a false positive is to have a different shipping and billing address, for example.

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #1,244 of 7,334
If it has 20 ohms as announced, could it have the LCD-X drivers? It’s Audeze’s only 20ohm driver.

Shouldn’t it use the LCD-2 driver?
Its 70 ohms.. Is that the same as the original ? Edit: from this article yes its the same driver. Tried the Affirm financing and almost pulled the trigger, just grabbed 2 pieces of gear totaling what this one would cost. So tempting though! O.O.. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...udiophile-headphones-price-release-date-specs

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #1,245 of 7,334
Its 70 ohms.. Is that the same as the original ? Edit: from this article yes its the same driver. Tried the Affirm financing and almost pulled the trigger, just grabbed 2 pieces of gear totaling what this one would cost. So tempting though! O.O.. https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...udiophile-headphones-price-release-date-specs
That article also says the headphones aren’t made in the US, which apparently they are (a user here spoke with Audeze support about it), so I’d take anything in that article with some salt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back