Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #166 of 7,334
Just heard a ‘rumour’ from an Audeze agent (with whom I have an LCD-2C preorder) that delivery is only expected in 2-4 months. He said that’s because production will only start in Feb and that the website info is incorrect. I’m not based in the US so have no idea if there is a precedent for this type of thing, or if true, if it’s indicative of as-yet unknown production delay. Or it could just mean my agent is way down the list of recipients, if there is such a thing. Needless to say, quite dissapointed at this stage. Will get more info Monday. Just putting it out there...

So I guess that means I can spend money on the new HD660S or pre-order the ZMF Auteur... Hmmm...

Edit: Do they charge you immediately upon ordering? Or only when shipped?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #167 of 7,334
So I guess that means I can spend money on the new HD660S or pre-order the ZMF Auteur... Hmmm...

Edit: Do they charge you immediately upon ordering? Or only when shipped?
I think if Audeze pull a fast one and delay the launch there’ll be many more potential buyers spending elsewhere. After all they announced availability on Nov 10 at RMAF, and it’s still up on their website.

I suspect it’s my local agent suggesting international availability will be delayed (not the end of the world, will just buy it from the US). But I’ll know more next week and update you here.

Also, yes, I had to pay upfront, but I may be able to get refund and only pay when delivery is imminent. Again, I’ll know next week.

Oct 20, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #168 of 7,334
An Audeze support rep replied to my email and said they don't have a "production date" yet, but they're hoping it will be mid-November. I haven't followed up to ask what the implications are for actual delivery.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #169 of 7,334
Just heard a ‘rumour’ from an Audeze agent (with whom I have an LCD-2C preorder) that delivery is only expected in 2-4 months. He said that’s because production will only start in Feb and that the website info is incorrect. I’m not based in the US so have no idea if there is a precedent for this type of thing, or if true, if it’s indicative of as-yet unknown production delay. Or it could just mean my agent is way down the list of recipients, if there is such a thing. Needless to say, quite dissapointed at this stage. Will get more info Monday. Just putting it out there...

Ive got a december in store date from my local dealer, Hmm.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #171 of 7,334
If you cannot reach a consensus on which ones of those are neutral and which are not, someone's trolling you real hard and/or you haven't read enough reviews and impressions. The LCD-2 (especially without fazor) are not neutral and are complete, polar opposites of the HD800 (and 600, to a lesser extent).
When you say LCD2 fazor less is not neutral you mean they are on the warmer side. Could you elaborate more on the words "polar opposites of the Hd800" I could not understand. I know that LCDs are a bit narrow sounding but has great timbre and not a huge Soundstage as the 800.

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #173 of 7,334
someone posted this on r/headphone, really hope it is not true, but from the material used, it is very likely.

"Sent an inquiry to Audeze about the weights of new LCD-2C and LCD-MX4. Quickly got an response from Chris. Hope this helps. (without cables in grams)"

Sine: 318g
EL-8 Open: 520g
EL-8 Closed: 540g
LCD-2C: 549g
LCD-2 Bamboo/Shedua: 565g
LCD-2 Rosewood: 585g
LCD-3: 629g
LCD-X: 630g
LCD-XC: 680g
LCD-MX4: 555g
LCD-4: 695g

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #174 of 7,334
someone posted this on r/headphone, really hope it is not true, but from the material used, it is very likely.

"Sent an inquiry to Audeze about the weights of new LCD-2C and LCD-MX4. Quickly got an response from Chris. Hope this helps. (without cables in grams)"

I really hope this isn't the case, considering I also saw a user from Reddit say they felt 40% of the weight of his LCD-2's. If it's true, I'll pass and grab the open Aeons instead.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #175 of 7,334
I really hope this isn't the case, considering I also saw a user from Reddit say they felt 40% of the weight of his LCD-2's. If it's true, I'll pass and grab the open Aeons instead.

40% would mean they have to use a smaller driver or less magnets, but I was hoping for at least around 20%. Wishful thinking maybe considering the Alu LCD2 weight at 550g, i don't see where the weights would come from. The weight for MX4 does check out right, 30% lighter than LCD4

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #176 of 7,334

That, if true, is very disappointing considering low mass is a hype cornerstone here. Very far off the 375 odd grams of the HE560, which I really like for its low mass and comfort (if smallish earcups). Makes me wonder how much of the rest of the hype is for real. Me? Happy with my LCD2.2PF and 2016 fazorless LCD2 silent revision!

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #177 of 7,334

That makes sense actually. After all most of the weight comes from the magnets and drivers, so unless they used a completely new driver and material, it’s unlikely they’ll be that much lighter. My take is that the first impressions user felt the weight was about 30-40% lighter because it was the first time he’s used the suspension strap (which would make it seem lighter). Personally I don’t find the LCD-2 too heavy with the stock strap, so with the suspension strap I’m sure they’re perfectly comfortable. Then again you can get the same or better comfort with a $40 Lohb strap, although it doesn’t look as slick as the integrated strap.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #179 of 7,334
If "all most of the weight comes from the magnets and drivers".

Why HE560 weight only 375 grams?
I’ve never owned a pair of HE560s or any other Hifiman headphones. Those that I’ve tried have been mostly underwhelming, and the build quality in general is poor - for my liking anyway. That doesn’t fully explain away the weight differences, but we’re talking a couple of hundred grams at most. Just the solid cups of the Audeze headphones probably account for half of that. As seen with the positive comments about the suspension strap system, the LCDs problem isn’t so much the weight but rather weight distribution, and the fact that the original strap doesn’t suit everyone equally in terms of comfort.

With regards the LCD-2C, I’d be more concerned about the reported delays, or the ‘wait’ rather than ‘weight’ :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back