Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #887 of 7,334
My LCD2C showed up about 10 mins ago...as promised, here are the weights (no cables)! Just over 650 grams for the LCD3 (with suspension strap) and around 540 grams for the LCD2C, so the Classics will save you about 110 grams in weight over the LCD3. The new suspension headband should be standard on ALL LCDs...it is even more comfortable than my Lohb strap. More impressions to come!
Well done! Was that so hard peeps!? Glad to hear how effective the new strap can be - look forward to Audeze making them available separately to us poor LCD-2 owners.

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #888 of 7,334
Well done! Was that so hard peeps!? Glad to hear how effective the new strap can be - look forward to Audeze making them available separately to us poor LCD-2 owners.

I actually asked Audeze about this new headband and if it will ever be sold separately. They said it might happen but that the price would be just as much as the Carbon-fiber headband. So Audeze still sucks sometimes.

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #890 of 7,334
I actually asked Audeze about this new headband and if it will ever be sold separately. They said it might happen but that the price would be just as much as the Carbon-fiber headband. So Audeze still sucks sometimes.

I obviously don't have enough experience with my new LCD2C yet to determine if it is a keeper, but I like the suspension headband so much that if I ever decide to sell the LCD2C, I am planning to swap the headband with my LCD2.2F and sell the Classic with the "regular" LCD2.2F headband...even if I take a hit on the price, this headband should be standard equipment across the board and it should be priced around $100 and sold direct from Audeze. They would sell like hotcakes. This is the first Audeze headphone that feels like I can wear it for hours with no discomfort.

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #891 of 7,334
Okay, I finally got them. Measured everything. Will have the pics up soon. Weight is 540g. I setup a platter and calibrated to make sure nothing is falling off. Now on to listening.

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #892 of 7,334
A happy couple. SPL Phonitor 2730B.jpg

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #895 of 7,334
I had a really rough time getting the R side connector back out once it was in. Pretty sure we will see more of that... I did get it out but I thought I was going to break it. Audeze was quick to suggest lubricating with electronic cleaner or similar to get it out which was not necessary. On another note, I am convinced it will take quite a bit of effort for aftermarket to beat the stock cable. It is very, very good. :)

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #896 of 7,334
Okay, I finally got them. Measured everything. Will have the pics up soon. Weight is 540g. I setup a platter and calibrated to make sure nothing is falling off. Now on to listening.
Awesome, and thank you. At least we can put to bed the notion that the 2C is “lighter”, and agree that the new headband should be standard issue on all LCDs from now on. It would be great if Audeze could offer a trade-in/trade-up for the new headband at a reduced price for existing customers, but I’m not holding my breath.

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #897 of 7,334
I had a really rough time getting the R side connector back out once it was in. Pretty sure we will see more of that... I did get it out but I thought I was going to break it. Audeze was quick to suggest lubricating with electronic cleaner or similar to get it out which was not necessary. On another note, I am convinced it will take quite a bit of effort for aftermarket to beat the stock cable. It is very, very good. :)
Connectors are quite tight on my 2016 LCD-2F as well, so I guess it’s an LCD thing.

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #898 of 7,334
Nice to see these finally getting released after the initial announcement. I've since upgraded to the Sony MDR-Z1R, but still wonder how these compare. It's been a while since I've heard the pre-fazor, but something with less vocal presence + added soundstage depth and sub-bass would make these perfect for movies and shows. Something more forgiving really. I miss the LCD sound as well.

Edit: Anyone tried running these from a DAP, via balanced?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #899 of 7,334
This is the first Audeze headphone that feels like I can wear it for hours with no discomfort.
The Lohb strap gives me the same level of comfort (and my alu LCD is 75g heavier than the 2C). But the new strap looks slick, so I’ll buy it as soon as it’s offered - assuming they don’t charge something stupid like $200 for it.

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #900 of 7,334
Literally cannot feel them on the top of my head. Pressure is only felt at the side which is very little. However, the earpads have this vacuum effect, which usually goes away. I had the same experience with LCD-3 in the past when they came fresh, whereas the LCD-2 were rigid in the past. Very comfortable. Audeze knocked it out of the park. You can nod with these and they won't come off and you shouldn't feel stress.

I got to listen for the first 2 minutes and then got hijacked for the first hour by family members. They loved the sound and comfort. I think there was a slight change in sound when I first put them on from the cold and an hour later after they were warmed up by my family.

It's a 10/10 already. Deep bass extension and slams exactly how I would expect it to in my head. It keeps up with my memory and exceeds what I experienced with the LCD-2 and LCD-3 back in the day on BHA-1 and BDA-2/NAD M51.

They are resolving as well. They are eating up all the grainless sound coming from the BDP-1 as a source vs. iMac. HD 800 would do it as well, but it's good to see similar results on the LCD-2C as well.

Soundstage is spherical like usual. Good height like I remembered. Zero fatigue, sibilance, harshness, or peaks that I can notice. Nothing irrating about the sound, which was the biggest concern in general about 95% of the headphones out there. You can read my signature for the details.

The mids are slightly warm and creamy, but without overshadowing anything. Layering is excellent as well in depth. I am not missing the HD 800 (with or without Sonarworks) at all, even from resolution standpoint.

For the guy asking, YES, female vocals kick ass on this.

If you are nostalgic about the old LCD-2, go buy them immediately. I'm very, very surprised at how well my rig is pairing with this considering I've used my LCD-3 with 10-15k+ rigs.

I'm working on the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back