Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #856 of 7,334
beware of that paypal credit card, it was nice for first 6 months....it's not free after that though. Look like they are trying to hook new people into it.

Paypal Credit is different from the Paypal Mastercard (their Credit Card product). Paypal Credit is a Line of Credit Account that can be used on any Paypal purchase, but the special 0% promo for six months is only accepted from Merchant Websites that use Paypal Checkout (Moon-Audio, Schiit, Woo Audio, ebay company sellers etc.). Yes, the Line of Credit account does have a APR of 19.99% if you don't pay back your purchases above $99 or more after six months (it's deferred interest so if you don't pay back the purchase after six months, all the interest that was growing on the side will kick in). Plan purchases before you use the account. It's great for me because one I am a banker so I never pay late on any of these accounts ever. Two it helps my cash flow. The Paypal Mastercard is a standard credit card in the US that gives back 2% on any purchase you made on it, no special differed interest programs on it.

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #857 of 7,334
One of the main competitors of 2C now is that Aeon Flow Open. I'm curious if someone has already gotten both, please do the comparison.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #859 of 7,334
I'll let you know friday :) Correction : I thought u said Aeon Flow Open. XD
Ops, my mind flipped again...it was on top of my list, the Ether

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #865 of 7,334
Mostly noise, but there have been a few impressions. I'll post some today as soon as I get it.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #866 of 7,334
There are a couple of reviews. Here is mine from Monday:

Got these in this morning....

Very early impressions:

1. Extremely well built - it has a nice black matte finish that is resistant to fingerprints and everything is tight and solid feeling; cable is the same newer braided one included with the updated LCD-2 and is of good quality and not prone to tangling.

2. Comfort is excellent - never thought I'd say that about an Audeze headphone. It does feel a bit lighter than the LCD-2 and the pads seem softer/squishier in density (but texture is not as supple or smooth as the real leather, of course).

3. It seems to have a nicely balanced tone, and the bass is not in any way bloated or overpowering. I actually don't find it very warm at all (maybe a tad just in comparison to the LCD-2) but maybe because I prefer this sound signature and my ears are trained differently. The detail and spaciousness is still there. I don't know what the customary burn-in time is for Audeze headphones but we'll see if there are subtle changes. I must admit to not being a big believer in burn-in though. ***I have only tried it so far with a Pico HeadAmp portable amp connected to my iPhone. I have to wait until tonight to try it with desk top amps (Lyr 2 and Violectric V100).

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #868 of 7,334
Audeze LCD-2C Classic (2017) - Impressions Thread

58 pages of schiit. Not one impression. Sad thing.

I totally agree with you...mine will be delivered tomorrow and every morning I keep checking the thread hoping to see two thing: 1) the weight in grams; and 2) some listening impressions. So far, just a lot of discussion about nothing. I can't guarantee that I will post a detailed review, but I can guarantee one thing...I have a kitchen scale and I will post the weight to settle the matter once and for all! (I will also post the weight of my LCD2.2F and my LCD3 for comparison sake.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #869 of 7,334
Audeze LCD-2C Classic (2017) - Impressions Thread

58 pages of schiit. Not one impression. Sad thing.
Sad but true. Sacrilege I know, but f you head over to that “other” forum (no names mentioned) there’s anew and very lively/detailed impressions thread going on with proper measurements and comparisons with other headphones... Hope this one catches up soon.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #870 of 7,334
I totally agree with you...mine will be delivered tomorrow and every morning I keep checking the thread hoping to see two thing: 1) the weight in grams; and 2) some listening impressions. So far, just a lot of discussion about nothing. I can't guarantee that I will post a detailed review, but I can guarantee one thing...I have a kitchen scale and I will post the weight to settle the matter once and for all! (I will also post the weight of my LCD2.2F and my LCD3 for comparison sake.
Finally, someone with a sense of common sense :) Thank you sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back