Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #6,976 of 7,334
nahhh, all head phones are overpriced really. prolly the less overpriced ones, but still. 2C for 900-800€ new... great cans but, should be 499€. then again, not a mass market product, so I can understand current pricing, but still... Also, lets be honest, we are used to them, but they are grotesk, huge and heavy. a bit like a 15th century device of sorts... truth be told
I love the Design of the "old" Audeze especially the 2C. I Don't consider them grotesk at all. Sort of sad that they changed the Design, but I can understand that they had to for comfort reasons.

I'd also love if every headphone would cost considerably less, but considering equally priced headphones, the LCD-2C perform just fine.

Oct 12, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #6,977 of 7,334
nahhh, all head phones are overpriced really. prolly the less overpriced ones, but still. 2C for 900-800€ new... great cans but, should be 499€. then again, not a mass market product, so I can understand current pricing, but still... Also, lets be honest, we are used to them, but they are grotesk, huge and heavy. a bit like a 15th century device of sorts... truth be told
I disagree. I actually find them far more comfortable than my aeon x open. No I don't think they are overpriced. I think they are priced quite well at 799 usd. You can also get them on sale during black Friday for quite a bit less. You even get the case now where you only got a cardboard box before. They are a completely hand made small batch boutique product not made in China factory.

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #6,979 of 7,334
Disagree. The only wired cans I own or have owned that are/were more comfortable than my LCD-2C are HiFiMan XS.

Others that fall behind in comfort for my head:
-- Focal Elegia. Tight clamping force. Hard headband padding.
-- Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire. Ridiculously tight clamping force and too-soft earpad foam led to a ton of discomfort and forced me to sell these otherwise lovely cans.
-- Meze 99 Classics. My right ear hit the driver. Pads are way too shallow.
-- Sennheiser HD 6XX. Hard pads, pretty hard clamping force.
-- Sennheiser HD 560s. Shallow cups, with that angled driver bump digging into my ears. Painful.
-- Audio-Technica ATH-M40/50X. The most uncomfortable headphones I've ever owned, by a mile. My ears were on fire after 30 minutes. Felt like I had the cauliflower ears of an Olympic wrestler.
-- HiFiMan HE400se. Had a horrible hot spot on the headband until they broke in. Fine now.

Oct 15, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #6,980 of 7,334
For my head, HD6XX I also own, so much more comfortable fit wise. Lighter, you don't notice you wear them... I use them with bluetooth btr5 some times. LCD-2C seem to fall down if i look down or tilt down my head... not a dj cans, at all, let's be honest, LOL.

Oct 15, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #6,981 of 7,334
For my head, HD6XX I also own, so much more comfortable fit wise. Lighter, you don't notice you wear them... I use them with bluetooth btr5 some times. LCD-2C seem to fall down if i look down or tilt down my head... not a dj cans, at all, let's be honest, LOL.
Well they were not designed as a dj headphone and shouldn't be used as such. That should be pretty much common sense. I dont see how you can use any open like the hd6xx either as a dj.. if you are actually a dj..

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #6,982 of 7,334
By the way guys, are there any comparisons between the first LCD-2C models and the 2022 versions?

They certainly changed the pads which must have an impact on the sound. (The old pads seemed more massive Especially in the back)

Did they change anything else?
Headband, yes but that doesn't impact the sound.

This is one thing I dislike about Audeze, you actually have to keep track of production year to know what you get...

Oct 22, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #6,984 of 7,334
they changed the material bellow the grill, but the pads, never heard of that.
If you compare pictures of the First LCD-2C with current ones you can see that the pads were bigger especially in the back.

Oct 22, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #6,985 of 7,334
they changed the material bellow the grill, but the pads, never heard of that.
Then you must have been living under a rock if you did not hear they replaced the pads especially on the lcd-x series.
The changed the ear pad material as well as contour.

I believe Audeze even announced it.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #6,986 of 7,334
By the way guys, are there any comparisons between the first LCD-2C models and the 2022 versions?

They certainly changed the pads which must have an impact on the sound. (The old pads seemed more massive Especially in the back)

Did they change anything else?
Headband, yes but that doesn't impact the sound.

This is one thing I dislike about Audeze, you actually have to keep track of production year to know what you get...
Yes they changed the pads and the material also. The newer pads are less thick and not memory foam at all which significantly impacted the frequency response in a good way.

Someone posted the pictures of comparing both the pads in this thread.

Oct 23, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #6,987 of 7,334
I agree, no one knows exactly how many revisions of LCD 2 and X exists.

I believe Audeze even announced it.
They did announce for LCD X 2021 but never announced for LCD2C 2021.

Oct 23, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #6,988 of 7,334
I agree, no one knows exactly how many revisions of LCD 2 and X exists.

They did announce for LCD X 2021 but never announced for LCD2C 2021.
I'm pretty sure I got an email about it when they changed it as well mentioning they were including the case as well. It included driver change, pads change and inclusion of the case for the lcd-2 classic.

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #6,989 of 7,334
I'm pretty sure I got an email about it when they changed it as well mentioning they were including the case as well. It included driver change, pads change and inclusion of the case for the lcd-2 classic.
I didn't and I am sure most didn't. And that doesn't count as an announcement.
I had no idea until I opened the package and found the hard case included.

In the case of LCD X and XC, they announced with full details.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lcd-x-and-xc-update.956949/

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #6,990 of 7,334

e49a8647385d9eea93de71c97fefadc2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back