Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #4,411 of 7,334
How does the lcd2c compare with the m1060? Is it worth the extra money?

100% worth and the some more, m1060 got nothing on LCD2Cs. The ringing at 5Khz is is to biggest weakness of m1060 and there isnt anything you can really do about it. For my mind the m1060 isnt worth even 150€.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #4,412 of 7,334
Guys.. I am going to buy a replacement cable for LCD2C .. but I'm still wondering what type to choose.. hybrid or copper .. or silver.. that's the dilemma.. did anyone tested any other cables with it and do you have any impressions ?

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #4,413 of 7,334
Guys.. I am going to buy a replacement cable for LCD2C .. but I'm still wondering what type to choose.. hybrid or copper .. or silver.. that's the dilemma.. did anyone tested any other cables with it and do you have any impressions ?
Don't expect huge differences from a cable. Perhaps 5-10%. My Toxic Silver Widow (gold plated silver) does brighten up the sound a little bit. Soundstage is a little bit airier and bigger, separation better, details more obvious. Clears up the upper/mids and treble a bit.

Cables should be the last things you add to your system as it will bring the smallest improvement/change. Buy fancy cable only if you are satisfied with your amp/DAC.

Copper is usually less detailed and less clear, warmer and more 'musical'. Silver is usually cleaner and 'analytical'. Hybrids are hybrids. Gold plated silver is supposed to bring the advantages of the silver clarity while maintaining the stronger bass response. At least this is what I read. I only tried a couple of silver and copper cables on TOTL headphones, but talking about cables is like opening a can of worms here.
Cables should definitely be the last thing you care about in your audio system.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #4,416 of 7,334
Hello everyone ...
What do you think of a Chord Mojo to drive the LCD2 C? Is it quite powerful if I associate it with an Astell & Kern AK70?
Thank you for your opinions.
Eric.
The mojo is much better than the ak70 for driving power. Higher AK players may have more power in balanced mode. I think the mojo sq is on par with the AK Futura. Can't remember the model name.

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #4,417 of 7,334
Hello everyone ...
What do you think of a Chord Mojo to drive the LCD2 C? Is it quite powerful if I associate it with an Astell & Kern AK70?
Eric.

The Chord Mojo and the Hugo can't really drive any full-size Headphones properly. On top most Mojos seem to be developing battery problems.
Try to avoid.

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #4,418 of 7,334
Hello everyone ...
Eric.

The Chord Mojo and the Hugo can't really drive any full-size Headphones properly. On top most Mojos seem to be developing battery problems.
Try to avoid.

Both Hugo and Mojo are phenomenal DACs for the price. Mojo is the best portable DAC/amp for its price.
They drive most headphones but won't compete with desktop gear for the same price with more power.

Audeze headphones need 1-4W driving power. No portable gear will give you that.

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #4,419 of 7,334
Try to avoid.

Is this really true? Chord mojo seems to be a very highly rated and popular unit for driving full size headphones.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #4,423 of 7,334
So my Magni 3 barely cuts it? I can barely get the volume past 10 o'clock ... I realize volume isn't the only measure but the LCD2c sounds pretty good to me out of it.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #4,424 of 7,334
So my Magni 3 barely cuts it? I can barely get the volume past 10 o'clock ... I realize volume isn't the only measure but the LCD2c sounds pretty good to me out of it.
Its what the manufacturer recommends for guaranteed performance close to original design. Like many have said though its not important if you like what you hear. I personally hated the magni 3 with the lcd2c, but loved the asgard 2 with it, and the asgard has less power than the magni.

Jan 26, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #4,425 of 7,334
7EFC3AB7-F723-4CCF-B96C-9BFD2A6DAE7C.jpeg
I’m wondering why so many people are thinking of using portables with the 2C? Are they really going to go out into public with that behemoth on? I’ve only got one true portable setup, but even that one can be used for long term as When the battery finally dies I can just replace it. Unlike something like a mojo or topping nx3s that just basically becomes trash after the battery dies. Serves my needs just fine. I actually haven’t tried the 2c with it. I’ll post it up another time when i can try them together. My Macguyver portable setup up top hehe. 20,000 mAH battery lasts long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back