Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #2,056 of 7,334
That
So my status on the Audeze site says my LCD2c is "Processed- Waiting to Ship", and I haven't received an email with any updates or shipping info from Audeze. But this morning I received a text directly from Fedex with a tracking number that points to a package that originated from Santa Ana, CA, weighs 3lbs, has dimensions 12x10x7 in, and is expected to arrive tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if this info matches the specs from their LCD2C shipment?
That's it. I know for sure because I returned mine and had to check the stats when I sent it back.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #2,057 of 7,334
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #2,058 of 7,334
Awesome, thanks!
Enjoy them, look forward to your impressions - especially with the R2R-11. Just beware the ‘wonky’ midrange dip that according to the obvious FR curves makes female vocals sound like constipated male sopranos :joy:

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #2,059 of 7,334
So my status on the Audeze site says my LCD2c is "Processed- Waiting to Ship", and I haven't received an email with any updates or shipping info from Audeze. But this morning I received a text directly from Fedex with a tracking number that points to a package that originated from Santa Ana, CA, weighs 3lbs, has dimensions 12x10x7 in, and is expected to arrive tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if this info matches the specs from their LCD2C shipment?

Yup my shipment came from fed ex sta ana!

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #2,061 of 7,334
That should be it sir they do dont keep track of updating statuses

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,062 of 7,334
the same has happened to me this morning!! i hope to get it tomorrow night!! and i have r2r too... now i'm listening to massive attack with atticus. i have to say afo slammed harder. like someone said it had a piercing bass i loved..
I seriously don't know which im going to sell yet... Afo and or lcd2c...

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,063 of 7,334
Enjoy them, look forward to your impressions - especially with the R2R-11. Just beware the ‘wonky’ midrange dip that according to the obvious FR curves makes female vocals sound like constipated male sopranos :joy:

Thanks! But to be fair, my impressions of LCD-2F, HD650, and Atticus line up exactly with his comparison chart, though I have a more moderate view overall and don't hate LCD-2F even though I personally preferred HD650 over it. I'll update here with initial impressions and then eventually write up a full review for LCD2C. I'm hoping they'll tick just enough boxes that I'll like them more than HD650, but we'll see.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #2,065 of 7,334
Thanks! But to be fair, my impressions of LCD-2F, HD650, and Atticus line up exactly with his comparison chart, though I have a more moderate view overall and don't hate LCD-2F even though I personally preferred HD650 over it. I'll update here with initial impressions and then eventually write up a full review for LCD2C. I'm hoping they'll tick just enough boxes that I'll like them more than HD650, but we'll see.
Idk man the hd650 completely throws everything away for vocals and mids and even the mids arent the best I've heard. Treble bass on my hd650s are not even in the same universe when it comes to my eikon afo and lcd2c.

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,069 of 7,334
Idk man the hd650 completely throws everything away for vocals and mids and even the mids arent the best I've heard. Treble bass on my hd650s are not even in the same universe when it comes to my eikon afo and lcd2c.

No objections as that is all personal preference. The beauty of HD650 is its smooth and cohesive transition from mids to treble, which is a bit different from the pure "quality" of mids and treble, and something you can see in FR graphs. I personally find the vocal timbre and emotion to be nearly perfect on HD600/650. For the music I listen to, those factors made me prefer HD650 over LCD-2F. But again, I am not saying HD650 is superior to LCD-2, just highlighting the particular strengths I hear in it and why I tend to prefer it overall.

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #2,070 of 7,334
No objections as that is all personal preference. The beauty of HD650 is its smooth and cohesive transition from mids to treble, which is a bit different from the pure "quality" of mids and treble, and something you can see in FR graphs. I personally find the vocal timbre and emotion to be nearly perfect on HD600/650. For the music I listen to, those factors made me prefer HD650 over LCD-2F. But again, I am not saying HD650 is superior to LCD-2, just highlighting the particular strengths I hear in it and why I tend to prefer it overall.
I do prefer the hd650s to the lcd2f but as a overall package I enjoy my lcd2c over hd650 i think my AFO is the nect headphone out the door because i have 2 dynamics and 2 orthos and afo just doesnt fit I'd love to keep it around as a collection piece but i might venture into more zmf headphones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back