Audeze LCD-2C Classic (2017) - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Next

Last
  1. Phantaminum
    I’ll be doing the same. I feel like it has almost the same sound signature as my E-Mu Teaks but the LCD-2 beats it slightly in everything but sub bass. I was planning on replacing the Teaks with these but I find that the Teaks just synergizes better with my chain compared with the Classics.

Saying that I’m hoping to see the Classics in future Houston meets and try them out on different amps. They’re well built, fast, and resolving.

2. willywill
    People are going to the extreme I will stick to my simple portable setup, i can get up and get another beer anytime without taking my headphone off.
    I just got them today, so far i only put 5 hours, I did try it with my Bifrost /Valhalla 2 but wasn't feeling it the Ifi Micro DSD is a pleasure to use i haven't turn it off. When my phone die
    in a few hour i will switch and give the Bifrost/Valhalla another try.
    [​IMG]

3. Pharmaboy
    2 questions:
    1. What's the impedance of this brand of beer?
    2. And does it change as the level goes down?

RatFarm likes this.
  4. Elyfantman
    I agree. I just prefer less recessed vocals.

5. Elyfantman
    I have a fairly complicated set up. I also have an Onkyo DP-X1A. Depending on the headphone, sometimes I can't tell the difference between the set ups and sometimes even prefer the Onkyo.

6. Elyfantman
    Good to hear. I'm getting some Teaks in a few days.

Phantaminum likes this.
  7. wazzupi
    Anyone try with a balanced cable ? I don't know if i like it...

8. X-Frame
    Can anyone tell me if the safest / most appropriate way to hang these headphones on a stand is on the top metal headband and not the flexible cloth underneath? Or does it not really matter because the cloth underneath shouldn't permanently be altered?

This is my headphone stand:

9. tuby sound
    Hmm... I thought it was possible to find something that would work like described. Your comment makes sense though

10. anoxy
    Do you guys think I’d notice any audible improvements upgrading my Audio-GD NFB12.1 to something else with these? I’d probably want to keep it under 500 USD if possible.

The 12.1 has plenty of power. I never turn the knob past 12 o’clock, but I’d be interested.

11. 69mustang
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  12. gLer
    I wouldn’t think so. I had a similar idea with my Matrix but I couldn’t honestly find anything that would be more than a sidegrade for $1000, even $1500. You might find something that sounds different though - like a tube amp (Woo WA6 for example). That’s one reason I got a WA3 to supplement my solid state Matrix. At this level you need to be spending many hundreds or thousands more to get more than a few percentage points “better”.

13. Elyfantman
    Why didn't you just return them?

14. 69mustang
    I bought them through Moon Audio and they have a restocking fee. Either way, I'll lose a bit so I figured I'd post them here. If they don't sell, I'll eat the restocking fee and ship them back.

15. ShamuellJackson
    I saw a picture in here and saw that the grill part was a reused lcd-x one and got curious and opened mine up and saw it's for an LCD3. I wonder if everyone of these are reused. I actually flipped both sides so it has the LCD3 on the outside and not the LCD2C for fun.

First

Back
88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
Next

Last