Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #1,456 of 7,334
Unfortunately, I have decided to return my LCD-2 Classics. I really wanted to like them, but the sound is too dark for me. The mids are too recessed.This is my first foray into Audeze headphones, so maybe their house sound just isn't for me. On the plus side, they are very laid back, non-fatiguing, and never sibilant or harsh. I could listen to them all day in the office. That's good and bad. Good because they are non-fatiguing, but bad in that they just weren't exciting or compelling to me.

They were comfortable for long listening sessions, looked great, and the build quality was excellent. So I'm sad to part with these.

I tried them with a Woo Audio WA6, WA7, Bottlehead Crack with Speedball, Gustard H10, and Audio-Gd NFB1-Amp. None of them could bring out the mids. Perhaps I could EQ it, but I don't want to have to do that since I switch headphones frequently.

Oh well.

I’ll be doing the same. I feel like it has almost the same sound signature as my E-Mu Teaks but the LCD-2 beats it slightly in everything but sub bass. I was planning on replacing the Teaks with these but I find that the Teaks just synergizes better with my chain compared with the Classics.

Saying that I’m hoping to see the Classics in future Houston meets and try them out on different amps. They’re well built, fast, and resolving.

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #1,457 of 7,334
People are going to the extreme I will stick to my simple portable setup, i can get up and get another beer anytime without taking my headphone off.
I just got them today, so far i only put 5 hours, I did try it with my Bifrost /Valhalla 2 but wasn't feeling it the Ifi Micro DSD is a pleasure to use i haven't turn it off. When my phone die
in a few hour i will switch and give the Bifrost/Valhalla another try.
10049881_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_6152c.jpg
    DSC_6152c.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #1,458 of 7,334
People are going to the extreme I will stick to my simple portable setup, i can get up and get another beer anytime without taking my headphone off.
I just got them today, so far i only put 5 hours, I did try it with my Bifrost /Valhalla 2 but wasn't feeling it the Ifi Micro DSD is a pleasure to use i haven't turn it off. When my phone die
10049881_thumb.jpg

2 questions:
  1. What's the impedance of this brand of beer?
  2. And does it change as the level goes down?

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,460 of 7,334
10049881_thumb.jpg
I have a fairly complicated set up. I also have an Onkyo DP-X1A. Depending on the headphone, sometimes I can't tell the difference between the set ups and sometimes even prefer the Onkyo.

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #1,461 of 7,334
I’ll be doing the same. I feel like it has almost the same sound signature as my E-Mu Teaks but the LCD-2 beats it slightly in everything but sub bass. I was planning on replacing the Teaks with these but I find that the Teaks just synergizes better with my chain compared with the Classics.

Saying that I’m hoping to see the Classics in future Houston meets and try them out on different amps. They’re well built, fast, and resolving.
Good to hear. I'm getting some Teaks in a few days.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #1,463 of 7,334
Can anyone tell me if the safest / most appropriate way to hang these headphones on a stand is on the top metal headband and not the flexible cloth underneath? Or does it not really matter because the cloth underneath shouldn't permanently be altered?

This is my headphone stand:

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #1,464 of 7,334
What you're looking for does not exist. If you can hear the babies, they can hear your headphones.

These are fully open headphones and don't isolate at all despite the earpads initially sealing.

My wife can hear my music from the next room when I'm using them.

Hmm... I thought it was possible to find something that would work like described. Your comment makes sense though

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #1,465 of 7,334
Do you guys think I’d notice any audible improvements upgrading my Audio-GD NFB12.1 to something else with these? I’d probably want to keep it under 500 USD if possible.

The 12.1 has plenty of power. I never turn the knob past 12 o’clock, but I’d be interested.

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #1,467 of 7,334
Do you guys think I’d notice any audible improvements upgrading my Audio-GD NFB12.1 to something else with these? I’d probably want to keep it under 500 USD if possible.

The 12.1 has plenty of power. I never turn the knob past 12 o’clock, but I’d be interested.
I wouldn’t think so. I had a similar idea with my Matrix but I couldn’t honestly find anything that would be more than a sidegrade for $1000, even $1500. You might find something that sounds different though - like a tube amp (Woo WA6 for example). That’s one reason I got a WA3 to supplement my solid state Matrix. At this level you need to be spending many hundreds or thousands more to get more than a few percentage points “better”.

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #1,470 of 7,334
I saw a picture in here and saw that the grill part was a reused lcd-x one and got curious and opened mine up and saw it's for an LCD3. I wonder if everyone of these are reused. I actually flipped both sides so it has the LCD3 on the outside and not the LCD2C for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back