Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #631 of 7,334
Expect shipping next week.

On the other hand, it's Friday again. Somebody let Tyll know. He didn't even mention the LCD-2C in his update and skipped over to 2 other headphones. I'm starting to think the review won't be out until all/most units have been shipped.
My suspicious mind reckons he found a critical design flaw that’s forced Audeze to quietly halt shipments and fix all their current units before sending them out - and before he publishes his review.

Or I’m just being paranoid.

Either way we’ll soon enough.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #632 of 7,334
Not holding my breath - more likely there will be no shipping updates today.

So do you speculate that Audeze told him to hold off on the review? I am not even sure Tyll even has a pair. Maybe they delayed the shipment to him.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #633 of 7,334
My suspicious mind reckons he found a critical design flaw that’s forced Audeze to quietly halt shipments and fix all their current units before sending them out - and before he publishes his review.

Or I’m just being paranoid.

Either way we’ll soon enough.

Hard to believe a critical design flaw would slip though the engineering team and only Tyll would have spotted it. I know he's like a headphone guru but that's a bit much.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #635 of 7,334
Yeah, I don't really mind if it's another month, but I wish they were a little more transparent. Don't announce within the week and then stay silent the whole time.

Now I've got this new Massdrop + Focal colab that was just teased on my mind. Hopefully Audeze ships the 2Cs before that drop hahahaha

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #637 of 7,334
Yeah, I don't really mind if it's another month, but I wish they were a little more transparent. Don't announce within the week and then stay silent the whole time.

Now I've got this new Massdrop + Focal colab that was just teased on my mind. Hopefully Audeze ships the 2Cs before that drop hahahaha
By any chances, have you owned Elear before? I did and sold it few weeks after.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #639 of 7,334
By any chances, have you owned Elear before? I did and sold it few weeks after.

Not owned, but I auditioned them at a store once and walked away pretty impressed. If they could make that headphone a bit more affordable, it would be an even bigger hit than it already was.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #645 of 7,334
Why would they update my shipping to awaiting to be shipped on monday and not ship it soon.
Mine has said 'waiting to ship' since November 16th, so it's just how they process the labels/ order in their system. Even if there was a delay for some manufacturing issue, the invoice would still show the previous update. But now we know people's overnight orders are starting to ship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back