Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #482 of 7,334
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #485 of 7,334
Link to the page: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/acoustic-research-ar-h1-open-planar-magnetic-headphones-page-2

"My experience switching between the AR-H1, Audeze LCD-2 Classic, and MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open was that the latter two headphones did a significantly better job of creating a coherent image portraying the whole of the music, while the AR-H1 image was more discontinuous and confused."

"The Audeze LCD-2 Classic, HiFiMAN HE400S, and especially the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open were much smoother and coherent sounding headphones."

"Five years ago this would have been a decent addition to the price point—well, there was virtually nothing there—but in todays world I'd shell out the extra $200 for the significantly superior MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open or Audeze LCD-2 Classic."

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #487 of 7,334
I just pulled the trigger and ordered a set.

I'm not familiar with the pre-fazor LCD sound. Will this overlap too much with my E-MU Teaks? I'm wondering if I could get away with selling those to help fund the LCD2C if they are similar enough.

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #488 of 7,334
I just pulled the trigger and ordered a set.

I'm not familiar with the pre-fazor LCD sound. Will this overlap too much with my E-MU Teaks? I'm wondering if I could get away with selling those to help fund the LCD2C if they are similar enough.

This wait is killing me. I had similar questions; I've got E-MU's and had HD650's that I found underwhelming. Was trying to decide between the LCD2C's and 660's; ultimately went with the LCD2C's in part because of the below feedback I got. Sounds like the LCD's and Teaks are still very complementary and not too redundant, but obviously ymmv.

There's nothing noob about your observations. That's exactly how I've felt every time I tried the 650s. Yes, lots of detail, separation, yada yada. The Fostex may not have as much, but it has plenty, but is just SO much more enjoyable with its weight and heft and fun. More "musical" I would say. Likewise the LCD-2 has every bit of the 650s detail and imaging plus better and deeper bass, that's planar "wall of sound" which is hard to explain, and everything in-between. Personally, wait for the LCD-2C, and if you don't hear from Audeze, I suspect there'll be a Black Friday pair of LCD-2F's with your name on it...

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #489 of 7,334
Anyone in contact with Tyll know if his review is coming out today?

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #490 of 7,334
My LCD2 (Early Revision Battle Hardened Unicorn Édition) are better overall than my D2000s (similar to the teaks). However, biocellulose drivers have a different sound altogether and the bass is just a bit more prominent, the highs sharper. The result is the D2000 still competes to this day and lives on in its various remakes. Also, though only semi-closed, it makes a difference and often i use the d2k just as I need a bit more privacy and don’t want to disturb others.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #491 of 7,334
I ordered these and a set of balanced cables and can't wait to hear them. Hoping they pair well with the HP4ABL.

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #492 of 7,334
I ordered these and a set of balanced cables and can't wait to hear them. Hoping they pair well with the HP4ABL.

From where did you order the cable?

I went back through my email, and had received a promotional note from Audeze on 11/22 that these would ship in 2 weeks. That would've been this past Wednesday.

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #493 of 7,334
From where did you order the cable?

I went back through my email, and had received a promotional note from Audeze on 11/22 that these would ship in 2 weeks. That would've been this past Wednesday.
The website says "Order Now For Mid-December Delivery" so maybe the 15th?

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #494 of 7,334
The website says "Order Now For Mid-December Delivery" so maybe the 15th?

Yeah, could be. I'm just super antsy to finally get these. I've spent the better part of the last year on the edge of ordering a set of LCD2's and jumped at the chance when these came up.

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #495 of 7,334
Yeah, could be. I'm just super antsy to finally get these. I've spent the better part of the last year on the edge of ordering a set of LCD2's and jumped at the chance when these came up.
In the same boat and I can't wait to get my LCD-2C maybe 1-2 weeks from now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back