Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #452 of 7,334
Do we have any clarity on when the sale price for these ends?

I'm interested but have never heard the LCD-2s and, since we can't buy them in stories, I am wondering if impressions from owners will roll in before the sale price goes away.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

I would bet that after the sale ends (whenever that is, guessing after holiday season) they will make their way to distributors at full $799 price. They would be a fairly normal business model. An on-sale soft launch direct from Audeze, and then a full launch after the sale ends to distributors.

With pre-order/ early direct purchases being delivered mid-Dec. / before holiday, I don't think we will see many reviews until around that time. Even if demo/ review units are sent out, it seems we won't see reviews until normal deliveries or a little before.

Nov 26, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #453 of 7,334
I suspect that Audeze limits public exposure to the 2C so that more people will be tempted to blindly pre-order before the prices go up again.
If a product has inherent value in the market, review/demo units would already be widespread. I feel that Audeze has something to hide here.

This is just pure speculation, talking out of my arse here. Please correct me if there are any unfounded claims.

Nov 26, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #454 of 7,334
I suspect that Audeze limits public exposure to the 2C so that more people will be tempted to blindly pre-order before the prices go up again.
If a product has inherent value in the market, review/demo units would already be widespread. I feel that Audeze has something to hide here.

This is just pure speculation, talking out of my arse here. Please correct me if there are any unfounded claims.

Or it may be the complete opposite. It is quite possible that Audeze is so convinced they will get many favorable reviews of the 2C they sold directly, that they will definitely sell many at $799 after the introduction sale ends.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #457 of 7,334

It is pure speculation :relaxed: .The LCD2C is throw back to our original LCD2 model. LCD2 was practically the headphone that led the Planar headphone revival and put Audeze on the map. It won numerous awards and was widely reviewed. No idea, what we have to hide.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 27, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #458 of 7,334

the main thing they want to hide is the actual weight, first impressions from audio shows claimed up to a 40% reduction in weight, in reality it is just around 20g

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #460 of 7,334
That is good to hear, I really miss those pre-fazor unicorn LCD 2s, those made me fall in love with Audeze years ago. I do hope that demo units can be sent to my local distributors soon!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #462 of 7,334
Is he comparing to Rev1 or Rev2?

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #464 of 7,334
It is pure speculation :relaxed: .The LCD2C is throw back to our original LCD2 model. LCD2 was practically the headphone that led the Planar headphone revival and put Audeze on the map. It won numerous awards and was widely reviewed. No idea, what we have to hide.

Hi, I bought the audeze SINE on BF, and after 5 days it is still pending, I can't get no response from Audeze support.

eQKGwxl.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back