Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #436 of 7,334
I get the pricing higher with the fazor and travelling case as an optional, but if Audeze has better headbands, then they should be included on all of their headphones. On a premium headphone, anything comfort and purpose related should be included. The comfort will only help them sell more headphones. The carbon headband should be on all headphones. If not, at least the new suspension thing.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #437 of 7,334
I get the pricing higher with the fazor and travelling case as an optional, but if Audeze has better headbands, then they should be included on all of their headphones. On a premium headphone, anything comfort and purpose related should be included. The comfort will only help them sell more headphones. The carbon headband should be on all headphones. If not, at least the new suspension thing.

This. There has been too much complaint about the LCD range's excessive weight and comfort issues. The steel suspension headband should replace the older headband on all models.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #438 of 7,334
This. There has been too much complaint about the LCD range's excessive weight and comfort issues. The steel suspension headband should replace the older headband on all models.
Hi,
Do you guys think that Audeze doesn't apply the new headband as default on all models as it looks uglier than the old one? I think so :) The old headband just looks so classic

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #440 of 7,334
Hi,
Do you guys think that Audeze doesn't apply the new headband as default on all models as it looks uglier than the old one? I think so :) The old headband just looks so classic

Speaking of headbands here is the original LCD2 headband. It was one piece of bent metal that was actually quite comfortable. We never shipped these and it was shown only at CanJam.
LCD2-Orig-Headband.png

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #441 of 7,334
6549E619-17EB-461C-A3D5-F6B3A057B974.jpeg
I think the suspension headband looks pretty good. Compared to Hifimans, which is just downright hideous...
I agree, plus if you don’t like the suspension headband you can always just get a Lohb strap. Doesn’t look quite as good but is definitely more comfortable. I can wear my LCD-2F all day with it.

Nov 25, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #442 of 7,334
I think the new suspension headband on the 2C, Carbon headband on LCD-4, and the current headband on the rest of the LCD's all look fine. Only a select few people complain among hundreds about the looks of a headband. Nobody makes it an issue. Comfort and the sound on the other hand is what can make or break a headphone.

Take HD 800 - great comfort - bright and fatiguing to some - user sells it

LCD - excellent sound, no fatigue - weight too heavy - user sells it

You guys have the sound down. People may or may not like the sound, which is the norm with all headphones. However, the LCDs aren't fatiguing people anyone like lot of the top models out there where people are putting the headphones down after a few minutes. It's one of your selling points! People (including me) actually WANT to keep listening to these headphones for a long time. Some have no problem doing so. Others despite wanting to keep on listening have to put them down due to their weight. Countless times on classifieds you will see the weight/comfort issue listed as reason for selling.

I get that with planars, the drivers are going to be heavy and that's fine. However, if you have figured out how to make them comfortable, I'd be rushing to put the absolute most comfortable headband on them. I don't care what they are made of, or how they look. Just make them as comfortable as possible and people rush to order Audezes.

The response to Fazors may have been a knee jerk reaction, but I can tell you that the weight issue and the headband has never been a knee jerk reaction.

---------------

On looks, the only thing that has ever looked tacky to me are the extender/yokes. They look so out of place in comparison to the rest of the design. It looks super cheap.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #445 of 7,334
Nov 26, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #446 of 7,334
Definitely agree on that. Premium headphones should be followed by premium build quality and materials. A revamped headband suspension system, more competitive pricing and the option to order non-fazors will make Audeze a hit.

#makeaudezegreatagain

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #447 of 7,334
Price tiering in the niche audio market is largely nonsensical to me, especially considering the subjectivity of sound and diminishing returns of audio fidelity.

I always think about graphics cards, where the price tiering actually usually makes sense for the improvement in performance you get.

Nov 26, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #449 of 7,334
Definitely agree on that. Premium headphones should be followed by premium build quality and materials. A revamped headband suspension system, more competitive pricing and the option to order non-fazors will make Audeze a hit.

#makeaudezegreatagain

Looks like the 2C had everything on your wish list....

Nov 26, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #450 of 7,334
Do we have any clarity on when the sale price for these ends?

I'm interested but have never heard the LCD-2s and, since we can't buy them in stories, I am wondering if impressions from owners will roll in before the sale price goes away.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back