Audeze LCD-2 - Which amp: Burson HA-160D OR Violectric V200
Aug 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
[size=9pt]In summary, this (Violectric DAC V800) is one of the best DACs I've ever experienced, which is surprising since it only costs $1300. That's a lot of money, but actually pretty low for a top class DAC, which is what I consider this to be. In my personal experience I rank it below the Resonessense Invicta ($4k), MBL 1511E ($8k), and very very slightly below the now discontinued Anedio D1 ($1230), but above the Audio GD Reference 7 ($1900), Esoteric D70 ($6500), Wavelength Cosine ($3500), and of course all the usual suspects from Lavry, Benchmark, Grace Design, Musical Fidelity, Cambridge Audio, etc.[/size]
[size=9pt]This DAC at $1300, paired with the matching Violectric V200 ($1k), makes for an ultra-high end reference system that compares to almost anything out there. [/size]

[size=9pt][size=9pt]Full Project86 review:[/size][/size]

[size=9pt][size=9pt]http://www.head-fi.org/t/574418/review-violectric-v800-dac#post_7799058[/size][/size]

Have you actually heard all those DACs?

Have you compared them yourself?

Do you even own the V800?

Or are you just adding together what others have said about them - because if you are let me tell you right off the bat that that's a definite no-no.

You only post your OWN impressions - not someone else's.

You may quote them, or link to them, but don't take their impressions and make them your own.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:
[size=9pt]In summary, this (Violectric DAC V800) is one of the best DACs I've ever experienced, which is surprising since it only costs $1300. That's a lot of money, but actually pretty low for a top class DAC, which is what I consider this to be. In my personal experience I rank it below the Resonessense Invicta ($4k), MBL 1511E ($8k), and very very slightly below the now discontinued Anedio D1 ($1230), but above the Audio GD Reference 7 ($1900), Esoteric D70 ($6500), Wavelength Cosine ($3500), and of course all the usual suspects from Lavry, Benchmark, Grace Design, Musical Fidelity, Cambridge Audio, etc.[/size]
[size=9pt]This DAC at $1300, paired with the matching Violectric V200 ($1k), makes for an ultra-high end reference system that compares to almost anything out there. [/size]

[size=9pt][size=9pt]Full Project86 review:[/size][/size]

[size=9pt][size=9pt]http://www.head-fi.org/t/574418/review-violectric-v800-dac#post_7799058[/size][/size]

First, Audio Gd Ref. 7.1 is now back in production.
Second, I have the opposite view on the comparison about Ref. 7.1 and Invicta.  But maybe he's comparing Ref. 7, (which I never heard) not the 7.1, which I have and totally love it better than the Invicta, for any music genre.  But that's preference.
Third, wait, aren't we talking about amp, not DAC??? 
blink.gif

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #19 of 21
Have heard/compared the Bursons and Violectrics. Haven't heard the Mjonir yet (probably won't anyway). The V200 on high gain at 12'O clock, sounds good with any music.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Have you actually heard all those DACs?

Have you compared them yourself?

Do you even own the V800?

Or are you just adding together what others have said about them - because if you are let me tell you right off the bat that that's a definite no-no.

You only post your OWN impressions - not someone else's.

You may quote them, or link to them, but don't take their impressions and make them your own.

[size=10pt]Dear TwoEars, [/size]

[size=10pt]After lurking around this forum for some time trying to find my way around all the portrayed equipment and the impressions of same, I just recently became a full member. Eager to learn more and, if possible, to contribute with what little I have discovered. [/size]

[size=10pt]It isn’t easy to gain access to listening time before buying equipment like this, thus, I have been forced to search these forums (and others as well) for whatever impressions each member and contributor have of equipment and combos of equipment. Some of the people I have found confidence in and that have helped me out are Project86, average_joe and Kunlun. [/size]

[size=10pt]With this in mind, I recently ended up with Audeze LCD-2, Violectric V200 and DAC V800 as my desktop and PC combo, and although I don’t have a trained ear like many on this forum, I find it to be a combo that my ears, at this point in time, absolutely love. It stomps all over the Audio-gd 12.1 that it replaced – which is hardly surprising given the differences in price. [/size]

[size=10pt]Then going through this thread last night, it looked to me as thread starter hadn’t read Project86’ thread regarding the V800, so in an attempt to direct him to more impressions, I quoted Project86’ conclusion as well as the link to the thread where I found the original text. For him or her to read and see if it added something of relevance at this point. At no point did I want to come off as the one with the original impressions of the V800.  [/size]

[size=10pt]Hope this makes sense. [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back