Audeze LCD-2 "Vegan" Earpads - feedback, installation & mini-review
Mar 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #16 of 113
Oh I am so gonna get this, my LCD2 is so uncomfortable I barely use it, was thinking of getting another open headphone but will give this a try.

Thank !.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #18 of 113

That's a pity... If new pads doesn't work, the HE-500 is a good alternative, though.

Ya, I am seriously considering HE6 or HD800, (HD800 for sound stage vs HE6 for sound signature). :D

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #19 of 113

Why do you find the LCD-2 uncomortable? I am sure you are aware that HE6 and HD800 is quite far away from the LCD-2 sound sig.. The HD800 has a "front-clamp" which I found uncomfortable, my LCD-2 also has an uneven clamping on my head (more in the front) but less than the HD800. But the reason I sold the HD800  was because it was terribly bright and linical sounding. The HE500 on the other hand is lovely. Slightly brighter than the LCD-2 but in a nice way.  
Quote:

Ya, I am seriously considering HE6 or HD800, (HD800 for sound stage vs HE6 for sound signature). :D

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 113

Tried flipping the headband around, but realized it doesn't work due to the swivel-stop, the metal semi-circle connecting the headband and the cup has a tiny flip that goes into the slot in the wood (center of picture below) The other (front) side of the cup doesn't have this slot, so unless one i  willing to cut off the metal flip, the reverse headband-mod doesn't work..

350x233px-LL-1aba5125_LCD2_VV5.jpeg

Quote:
Ardilla if you get around to flipping the band around please let me know how that goes!

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #21 of 113
Oh man, that is too bad!  I was really hoping to hear it improving the comfort level.  

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #22 of 113
Has anymore testing been done in regards to sound? Is it better or worse with these new pads?

I actually find the Leather pads to be very comfortable on slot 2 from the top, yet, I am open to new things. But if I were to actually buy these, I would have to have the Vegan Headband as well, cause otherwise it'd look funny. 
blink.gif

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #23 of 113

Why do you find the LCD-2 uncomortable? I am sure you are aware that HE6 and HD800 is quite far away from the LCD-2 sound sig.. The HD800 has a "front-clamp" which I found uncomfortable, my LCD-2 also has an uneven clamping on my head (more in the front) but less than the HD800. But the reason I sold the HD800  was because it was terribly bright and linical sounding. The HE500 on the other hand is lovely. Slightly brighter than the LCD-2 but in a nice way.  

I tried HD800, most people found comfortable but not me. The pads are way too thin and clamping all around my ears. As for the sound signature/quality, yes, nothing beats LCD2, I found HD800 too artificial and lack in the bass department. Felt like all other Sennheiser headphones HD650, 600, 595 etc. (I test them all). But I am going for the sound signature as "another" collection headphone :) And, lastly, for me LCD2 is very uncomfortable, the way the pads are designed is that the real is thicker than the front and clamping the front of my ears which eventually gives me a headache. Can they design headphones like Denons ?

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #24 of 113
I find the frontal clamping slightly uncomfortable as well, and I also did with the HD800. 

Which version of the LCD-2 did you try? The newest pads are really a lot more comfortable

Quote:
I tried HD800, most people found comfortable but not me. The pads are way too thin and clamping all around my ears.As for the sound signature/quality, yes, nothing beats LCD2, I found HD800 too artificial and lack in the bass department. Felt like all other Sennheiser headphones HD650, 600, 595 etc. (I test them all).But I am going for the sound signature as "another" collection headphone :)And, lastly, for me LCD2 is very uncomfortable, the way the pads are designed is that the real is thicker than the front and clamping the front of my ears which eventually gives me a headache. Can they design headphones like Denons ?

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #25 of 113

I find the frontal clamping slightly uncomfortable as well, and I also did with the HD800. 

Which version of the LCD-2 did you try? The newest pads are really a lot more comfortable

Haha, you know what ? I don't know which version I have, how do you tell ? I have the LCD2 with metal band, it was the replacement of the bad batch that had back in June last year. Can you differentiate visually from r1 vs r2 ?

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #26 of 113
You can send Audez'e an email with the Serial number for an ID

The new pads are thicker and softer. You can also post a pic of your pair here and I we'll have a guessing contest going  :) I think the metal headband went from standard to "special order" when they introduced the rev.2 (you can still get the metal headband, many people find it more comfy)

Quote:
Haha, you know what ? I don't know which version I have, how do you tell ?I have the LCD2 with metal band, it was the replacement of the bad batch that had back in June last year.Can you differentiate visually from r1 vs r2 ?

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #27 of 113
I was all set to order these pads until I discovered the cost is $80 and $40 to ship to Canada. Yeah, $120 for pads. Sure.

Ridiculous.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #29 of 113

Quote:
I was all set to order these pads until I discovered the cost is $80 and $40 to ship to Canada. Yeah, $120 for pads. Sure.

Ridiculous.

Haha, still cant beat Beyer. I just found out that replacement "hand stitched leather-made in Germany" pads for my Beyer T5p would run $200 before shipping. Luckily the guy I bought them from kept them in great condition.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #30 of 113

Quote:
Ask Audez'e to ship by cheap class USPS manually. Send them an email. 

Thanks, I'll try that, if I ever get over the $80 base cost of the pads..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back