Audez'e LCD-2 design update
Apr 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #91 of 137
I have decided to go for the LCD-2 after reading for a week now.  I found a 10% coupon off for Moon-Audio, new price $895 :).  Now I am stuck at choosing between getting the rosewood or bamboo version.

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #92 of 137

Quote:
I have decided to go for the LCD-2 after reading for a week now.  I found a 10% coupon off for Moon-Audio, new price $895 :).  Now I am stuck at choosing between getting the rosewood or bamboo version.

Wow! Where did you take it. $895 is a good price for LCD-2.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #98 of 137
I ordered mine from Moon Audio last week with the Friend10 code that was the same thing and this was the exemption list they gave me. I emailed them because initially the LCD-2 only worked with the coupon when you added another headphone into your cart with it.

It is valid on the LCD-2 but NOT the LCD-3, Grado headphones or the new Audio-Technica ANV-3000 headphones.  This coupon is only good one time per person and the price of the headphone has to be over $399...its a limited time coupon.

I also ordered them when they were only $945, so I paid $860 total after shipping :D

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #99 of 137

Quote:
I ordered mine from Moon Audio last week with the Friend10 code that was the same thing and this was the exemption list they gave me. I emailed them because initially the LCD-2 only worked with the coupon when you added another headphone into your cart with it.

I also ordered them when they were only $945, so I paid $860 total after shipping :D

Dang!
I ordered my LCD2 LB from ALO Audio on Saturday regular $995.
But I may be one of the first to receive the remodeled version...

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #100 of 137
I found out last night why LCD2 is so uncomfortable.

Basically the problem is that the front pad is much thinner than the rear pad it creates uneven clamping force towards to the front of the headphone.

Audeze should re-design the pad, at least make it even so clamping force is equally distributed, perhaps in LCD4 I hope they have thicker headband and even soft velor ear pads. :)

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #101 of 137
That's part of the design to angle the drivers, and velour wouldn't sound the same. 

What they need to do is put their rectangle shaped driver in a rectangule shaped enclosure ala Stax Lambda, instead of putting it in a gigantic circular frame that has way more surface area than necessary and causes the pads to hug your face instead of sitting around your ears like a rectangular frame/pads would. 

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #102 of 137
Oh man, I was right, I tried my Denon, Sennheiser and lift the back of the headphone a little and there is the frontal clamping force, exact duplicate to LCD2 clamping.

Hope this helps to some... :)

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #103 of 137
The problem isn't necessarily the pad thickness, the problem is that the headband attaches to the yoke not in the middle, but rather slightly forward of middle.  This causes the clamping pressure to not evenly distribute over the entire headphone and emphasize the clamping pressure to the front.  I hated that about the design from the first minute I put them on.  I have learned to compensate for it by adding a long elastic headband thingy that I stole from my wife along the back of the yoke to equalize the pressure.  Why they designed it that way I'll never know.

Quote:
I found out last night why LCD2 is so uncomfortable.

Basically the problem is that the front pad is much thinner than the rear pad it creates uneven clamping force towards to the front of the headphone.

Audeze should re-design the pad, at least make it even so clamping force is equally distributed, perhaps in LCD4 I hope they have thicker headband and even soft velor ear pads. :)

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #104 of 137

That's part of the design to angle the drivers, and velour wouldn't sound the same. 

Ya I know, tell me about it, :frowning2:, I wish they design LCD4 like HD800. :) Leave the pad even thickness and angle the driver internally.

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #105 of 137

The problem isn't necessarily the pad thickness, the problem is that the headband attaches to the yoke not in the middle, but rather slightly forward of middle.  This causes the clamping pressure to not evenly distribute over the entire headphone and emphasize the clamping pressure to the front.  I hated that about the design from the first minute I put them on.  I have learned to compensate for it by adding a long elastic headband thingy that I stole from my wife along the back of the yoke to equalize the pressure.  Why they designed it that way I'll never know.

Oh man !, genius, do you have a picture ? I am not married but I can steal from my gf. :)
hope your idea works for me as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back