Audeze LCD-2 Closed
Oct 20, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #151 of 883
Hi everyone, thanks for your responses. I'm heading out but wanted to ask what your thoughts are on the Audeze ifi iDSD Micro BL pairing. I saw that you recommended the combo for the XC's, how about the LDC2cb's (given 70 vs 20 ohms and being less sensitive, I figure it could be an even better pairing with more head space)? And, how do/did the cans respond to the analogue bass boost?

Cheers and thanks!

:beerchug:
The iFi Micro iDSD BL and any Audeze headphone to me sound great. The iDSD BL can drive the LCD-4's very well. Most Audeze headphones don't really need the bass boost of the iDSD BL. But some songs aren't mixed well and the XBass+ feature comes in handy. The 3D+ feature worked wonders on the XC's. It really added a sense of space not only to the XC's but to any closed/semi-closed headphone I previously owned. I sold the iDSD BL before I got the LCD-2CB's, but they have a sound signature very similar to the XC's. So I'm sure the iDSD BL will play well with that headphone as well.

Oct 21, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #153 of 883
Here is a comparison vs the newest Focal Closed Back.

I watched MajorHiFi's review on the LCD2cb's earlier and read the review you linked vs the Focal Elegia. I'm thinking the Elegia is not for me (also have been reading the impressions posted in the Elegia sub). I like the Clear but not near as much as I liked the XC and even less than I like the LCD2cb's. Funny, I really disliked the XC's when I listened to them over three years ago. I went the Ultrasone/Fostex biodynamic route instead. Tuning of tastes and drivers has me pondering these cans all over again.

I didn't mention this in my brief impressions post... Yes, the XC's are lovely and gorgeous, but the LCD2cb's have a pleasing minimalist industrial design that pictures don't do justice. Sure the cups could have been an alloy or something (and would have likely weighed more) but that's my biggest knock. Also, I quite like the A on the cups. It would be sweet if they glowed in the dark. :wink:

Oct 21, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #154 of 883
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #155 of 883
Here is a comparison vs the newest Focal Closed Back. I wonder why there has been so few reviews and very little hype on the LCD2CB.

http://majorhifi.com/audeze-lcd2c-vs-focal-elegia-review/

I just got a pair of LCD2CB. I also have a pair of Elegia that will be going back. I totally agree with the review above as well as the reviews here. The LCD2CB has a silky high that's not overzealous, a warmer and full bodied midbass and a decent and more substantial bass. it also have great speed/dynamic. Width of soundstage is ok and comparable to the Elegia. Not the best but adequate. the combination makes music very enjoyable.

but gosh i wish the headband compression isn't so strong. I have to take a break every 30mins. Has anyone found any solution to that? they sell replacement bands at quite a hefty sum but do they make a difference or make it worse?

I do like the comfort of the Elegia. It can stay on my head for hours. I wonder if there is a brace of some sort that will cancel some of the compression force on the LCD2CB.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #157 of 883
So is the Elegia as bass-lite as people are saying? Do they not even come close to the LCE2CB in that department?

quite a bit lighter compared to the LCD2CB.

from my experience, it depends a lot on the music. many (esp popular) music is EQed for earbuds and they will sound ok on the Elegia. But for a lot other music with a more flat tuning like classical, which is what i listen to most of the time, it is quite inadequate.

The LCD2CB also feel more dynamic. it posses a bit more speed that makes it much more fun to listen to.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #160 of 883
I believe 680g

No, mine weighs exactly 644 grams without the cable. The headband distributes the weight nicely however and I can listen for long periods without a problem. I do lean back and rest my head on the chair sometimes. I think one hour of listening without leaning back would make the weight an issue.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #162 of 883
No, mine weighs exactly 644 grams without the cable. The headband distributes the weight nicely however and I can listed for long periods without a problem. I do lean back and rest my head on the chair sometimes. I think one hour of listening without leaning back would make the weight an issue.

The weight is ok. I cannot stand the tight compression though. I am looking into making a brace that will cancel out the headband's spring. Otherwise it is difficult to keep it on my head for longer than 30-60 mins at a time.

Oct 31, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #163 of 883

Thanks for the link. Nice to see the very positive review. But I wonder about the statement that the closed version is warmer than the open version. Every single other review I have heard seems to suggest the open version has a warm signature and the few other reviews comparing the two say that the closed are more toward neutral. I have the closed ones and I love the sound... just wondering where that statement is coming from.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #164 of 883
No, mine weighs exactly 644 grams without the cable. The headband distributes the weight nicely however and I can listed for long periods without a problem. I do lean back and rest my head on the chair sometimes. I think one hour of listening without leaning back would make the weight an issue.

Thanks. Right about the same as my 4z’s. Certainly heavy in the world of headphones, I am at least able to wear them for long periods of time especially with the new headband system.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #165 of 883
Any Sine owners bought these yet? Would love to see a comparison between Sine and LCD2CB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back