Audeze LCD-2 Closed
Nov 30, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #557 of 883
After some time with the suede pads I can say that they round of the sound nicely. They tone down the echoey feeling less harsh top end and to me they generate a smoother sound signature.

Which ones, again? Because that is one of the only things about this set that I have not been able to kinda "get used to". I think I just have been spoiled by open backs, because otherwise these things are so seemingly accurate and super fast it'd be nice to enjoy them a bit more!

Nov 30, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #558 of 883
Which ones, again? Because that is one of the only things about this set that I have not been able to kinda "get used to". I think I just have been spoiled by open backs, because otherwise these things are so seemingly accurate and super fast it'd be nice to enjoy them a bit more!

The Dekoni Suede (fake suede so more like alcantra or something).

They are not as roomy as the original.

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #559 of 883
The Dekoni Suede (fake suede so more like alcantra or something).

They are not as roomy as the original.
Thanks! I'll look into them. I have a pair of Hifiman Sundara on the way I got for the sale price and am excited to see how they compare between my favorite open dynamic pair (Grado GH2) and these closed planars!

Dec 1, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #560 of 883
Thanks! I'll look into them. I have a pair of Hifiman Sundara on the way I got for the sale price and am excited to see how they compare between my favorite open dynamic pair (Grado GH2) and these closed planars!
I was thinking about lining the inside walls of the old pads with some cloth, thus making my own hybrid pads. If the stock pads are comfortable then a a mod like that would be a cheaper alternative. If you feel like it you could dry fit some cloth (using a non permanent method) just to see if it makes a difference.

Just an idea.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #561 of 883
I was thinking about lining the inside walls of the old pads with some cloth, thus making my own hybrid pads. If the stock pads are comfortable then a a mod like that would be a cheaper alternative. If you feel like it you could dry fit some cloth (using a non permanent method) just to see if it makes a difference.

Just an idea.
Ya know, one of my good friends' wife is super talented on the sewing machine. I might donate a pad to her to see how a piece of t-shirt cloth, sock, fleece sweater material, etc. affect the comfort and sound! I was reading on reddit's /r/headphones (of course, if it's not ZMF, HD6XX/650, LCD-4, Utopia levels, its "bad") that these cans are "over analytical and harsh" without EQ" which basically means they are fast and accurate, but don't fit a consumer-standard tuning curve. I bought these for that planar speed and precision, as well as the isolation with working from home and I have to say, the one thing they do noticeably better than my beautiful Cocobolo Grados is cello and viola. Damn, the bite of the bow on the strings is so raw and visceral on these compared to any dynamic can. The harmonic overtones and resonance of the cello body come thru soooo clean! I wonder if I find a nice cloth pad would take away that rawness?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #562 of 883
I spent the weekend with my new LCD 2 closed.
I bought them as a replacement to the DCA Aeon 2 open I had and liked but something was missing. (I wish I had tried the closed instead)

These immediately have a bigger sound as in soundstage and presence.

They sound quite good with jazz and instrumental music but I mostly wanted a closed back planar for Electronic and Rap with EQ.

I was afraid a purported bass cannon like the Cascades would’ve mushed the sound when it came to jazz which I listen to 80% of the time.

So far tested them on my Feliks Euforia and Matrix M but the IFI Zen can X bass gets a good slam out of them when in it’s in the recording and gravitates toward the sound I’m after.

For example the entire Human After All by Daft Punk sounds big and chunky, dynamic and very fun.

They remind me of a bowling ball in both feel and weight.

7A13A919-7D87-46A6-B420-65163B78F406.jpeg

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #565 of 883
Curious if anyone here is using a 5 band PEQ with the LCDs. I am using the following setup on the RME, which elevates the bass/mids to sound more full and also it tones down the high treble energy. Looking for any feedback or just alternate configurations

Low Shelf 58 hz > Gain 3.5 > Q 0.7
Peak 410 hz > Gain 4.0 > Q 0.5
Peak 2000 hz > Gain -3.0 > Q 0.8
Peak 3000 hz > Gain 0 (not used)
High Shelf 10,000 hz > Gain -2.5 > Q 1.0

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #566 of 883
I spent the weekend with my new LCD 2 closed.
I bought them as a replacement to the DCA Aeon 2 open I had and liked but something was missing. (I wish I had tried the closed instead)

These immediately have a bigger sound as in soundstage and presence.

They sound quite good with jazz and instrumental music but I mostly wanted a closed back planar for Electronic and Rap with EQ.

I was afraid a purported bass cannon like the Cascades would’ve mushed the sound when it came to jazz which I listen to 80% of the time.

So far tested them on my Feliks Euforia and Matrix M but the IFI Zen can X bass gets a good slam out of them when in it’s in the recording and gravitates toward the sound I’m after.

For example the entire Human After All by Daft Punk sounds big and chunky, dynamic and very fun.

They remind me of a bowling ball in both feel and weight.

7A13A919-7D87-46A6-B420-65163B78F406.jpeg
They look so much better in your photos than in Audeze's official shots.. weird. On Audeze's site, the swirls look far less apparent; they look subdued, even.

1608153197083.png

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Dec 16, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #567 of 883
The new carbon version looks so nice. Congrats.

I am thinking about doing a custom paint job on my cups.

They look so much better in your photos than in Audeze's official shots.. weird. On Audeze's site, the swirls look far less apparent; they look subdued, even.

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Thanks, good to know! And great looking cups on those LCD-2 :)

Thanks guys. The pictures on the websites definitely don’t do them justice but neither does mine lol.
They almost look like a soft material on the site pictures and you can’t really tell they’re glossy.

TBH I’m not sure why they didn’t just use their logo or maybe even left blank like the XC cups.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #568 of 883

Was going to say the same thing, that swirly texture isn't quite there on the official shot :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 29, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #569 of 883
Hello! I am considering these cans — I am sure this has been covered before, but how do you find these comfort-wise? I’d be using them at work for hours on end and I am worried about my neck getting sore.

Also, have you tried Oratory’s EQ settings?

Dec 29, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #570 of 883
Hello! I am considering these cans — I am sure this has been covered before, but how do you find these comfort-wise? I’d be using them at work for hours on end and I am worried about my neck getting sore.

Also, have you tried Oratory’s EQ settings?

Besides the weight they’re pretty cushy.

Ive been wearing them for the past 2 weeks for 5/6 hours a day with no issue.

This is the second headphone with purported comfort issues that I found to be exaggerated

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back