Audeze LCD-1
Nov 1, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #421 of 1,085
... Unless I'm missing something some form of custom wired cable would be required to make the LCD-1 operate properly from a headphone amps balanced headphone output. Depending on how the stock cable is wired it may be possible to reterminate the amp side of the stock cable. ...
If I decide to keep the LCD-1 I'll make a working balanced cable and report back. Once verified (and if no one has done so yet) I'll post additional information regarding cable adapters for existing balanced cables.
That would be my preferred approach: buy my own 4-pin male balanced connector, cut the OEM cable and wire it to the new connector. Before I take the leap and purchase, I'm still waiting for @jude (or anyone really, but I trust Jude's more than others) to post measurements. If you wire a balanced cable I look forward to your notes.

Regarding purchase, I've read that headphone.com (formerly known as Headroom, Tyll's old company from the 90s) has a 1-year trial period. Can anyone confirm? I've done business with them over the years and found them to be a solid company.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #422 of 1,085
Hey, I'm wondering how many who pre-ordered early got theirs shipped yet? My order status still says unfulfilled, even though I ordered on October 17th.

I ordered on the 23rd and mine shipped yesterday, so apparently they're not shipping in the same sequence they were ordered

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #424 of 1,085
I ordered on the 23rd and mine shipped yesterday, so apparently they're not shipping in the same sequence they were ordered
Yeah, I'm assuming Audeze has received hundreds if not more orders for the LCD-1 in a short time, working out all the shipping logistics for each one certainly will take a while. On Audeze's site, the LCD-1 page says the next batch is shipping soon.

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #425 of 1,085
...Before I take the leap and purchase, I'm still waiting for @jude (or anyone really, but I trust Jude's more than others) to post measurements...

Very kind of you, @MRC001. There are three frequency response measurements in the video: AEON 2 Open, AEON 2 Closed, and then one comparing both (normalized/matched at 1 kHz).

Little piece of trivia: Those measurements were made by Dan Clark in our measurement lab here while he was visiting.

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #426 of 1,085
Very kind of you, @MRC001. There are three frequency response measurements in the video: AEON 2 Open, AEON 2 Closed, and then one comparing both (normalized/matched at 1 kHz).

Little piece of trivia: Those measurements were made by Dan Clark in our measurement lab here while he was visiting.

While that's really cool, I'm surprised he's doing Aeon 2 before an Ether 2 C. Well, not surprised if ya think about unit sales, I guess just disappointed hahaha.

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #427 of 1,085

lol
Wrong thread jude. Mrc001 wants to see measurements for the Lcd1 and not for the Aeon 2.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #428 of 1,085
lol
Wrong thread jude. Mrc001 wants to see measurements for the Lcd1 and not for the Aeon flow2.

LOL. Goodness. I'm an idiot. Sorry 'bout that, guys. Yes, I still have yet to measure the production unit. It's been busy here leading up to CanJam Shanghai (and due to a couple of other projects we were working on that we'll talk about later) -- so busy, apparently, that Dan Clark had to do his own measurements when he was here! :dt880smile:

Again, sorry for the confusion, guys.

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #433 of 1,085

Yeah, we determined that earlier in the thread when one of the first members to post his was shipping had an order number that was later than two other members (including me) who had earlier order numbers. Who knows how shipment is determined? :) . They've probably had to fulfill a lot of early orders... a good sign, hopefully.

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #435 of 1,085

Wait, did you just leak something or what I did I miss? :D

(I know you already posted your mea culpa for posting about the MrSpeakers stuff in here accidentally, but I'm kind of happy you did if there are new Aeon's coming out, I can't find a thread for that?)

To stay on topic for LCD-1, I just got a notification from FedEx promising me delivery of the LCD-1 tomorrow, wheee! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back