Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 17, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #5,221 of 7,352
whats the diff between original cipher and cipher v2?

May 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #5,223 of 7,352
V2 is balanced vs SE for V1. I have both and the V2 has a little more drive power(lower volume needed)and slightly more even sound. Not a huge difference but noticeable.

May 17, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #5,224 of 7,352
May 17, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #5,225 of 7,352
May 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #5,227 of 7,352
I will when I get to review them :)

I have the normal cable most of time to R6 or other DAPs
i just get them as well, and I see they will have nice potential, and I am sure with the proper eq they will shine

May 17, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #5,229 of 7,352
Absolutely in love with the iSine 10s sound signature (with the Cipher cable)...

Anyone willing to provide some feedback as to whether upgrading to the iSine 20s would be worth it?

Thanks a ton.

I spent about a month with the 10s (V1 cable) before upgrading to the 20s (V2). If you fall in love with the sound signature it's absolutely worth it imo, but I ended up getting them from someone on head-fi heavily discounted.

The V2 cable sounds a bit more powerful and analog.

I don't really know how to explain the difference, but it's like all the holes I heard in the 10s were filled in with color in the 20s, with the basic structure of the sound staying the same, although the soundstage is larger with the 20s.

Hope that helps!

May 17, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #5,230 of 7,352
Absolutely in love with the iSine 10s sound signature (with the Cipher cable)...

Anyone willing to provide some feedback as to whether upgrading to the iSine 20s would be worth it?

Thanks a ton.

I got the lx and thought they were the best thing out there for the price (they might be), the I got the isine 20 for $300 from the Adorama deal and they make the lx sound muffled and recessed in comparison. Both benefit from cipher cable and eq greatly (I have v2)

For the price I paid for the 20 it was an easy decision, but if they were full price I probably would have just returned them and kept the lx

Not sure how the lx stack up the the 10, but figured I’d give you my experience

May 17, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #5,231 of 7,352
I got the lx and thought they were the best thing out there for the price (they might be), the I got the isine 20 for $300 from the Adorama deal and they make the lx sound muffled and recessed in comparison. Both benefit from cipher cable and eq greatly (I have v2)

For the price I paid for the 20 it was an easy decision, but if they were full price I probably would have just returned them and kept the lx

Not sure how the lx stack up the the 10, but figured I’d give you my experience

I spent about a month with the 10s (V1 cable) before upgrading to the 20s (V2). If you fall in love with the sound signature it's absolutely worth it imo, but I ended up getting them from someone on head-fi heavily discounted.

The V2 cable sounds a bit more powerful and analog.

I don't really know how to explain the difference, but it's like all the holes I heard in the 10s were filled in with color in the 20s, with the basic structure of the sound staying the same, although the soundstage is larger with the 20s.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all of this feedback.

Honestly, after spending just over a week with the 10s and Cipher V2, I prefer them to everything I've owned, sold and otherwise heard. I know it's all subjective, but for me (cross-spectrum-genre-listener), the iSine planar magnetic sound is the perfect combination/compromise of portability, neutral vs. distinct sound signature, non-fatiguing, comfortable, and not too mention convenient (especially the DAC/DSP within the Cipher cable ie. no more stupid dangly USB based DACs or cumbersome "sleek" devices elastic-banded to my iPhone).

Given this, I think this will probably warrant me upgrading to the 20s, subtle differences or not. They're just too much up my sonic alley to pass over. It was kind of one of those "you don't know what you listening for until to hear it moments" for me. When a headphone, speaker, amp gets you to literally run the gauntlet of every record you've been obsessed with for the last two decades, you know it's a winner.

Cheers.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #5,232 of 7,352
Thanks for all of this feedback.

Honestly, after spending just over a week with the 10s and Cipher V2, I prefer them to everything I've owned, sold and otherwise heard. I know it's all subjective, but for me (cross-spectrum-genre-listener), the iSine planar magnetic sound is the perfect combination/compromise of portability, neutral vs. distinct sound signature, non-fatiguing, comfortable, and not too mention convenient (especially the DAC/DSP within the Cipher cable ie. no more stupid dangly USB based DACs or cumbersome "sleek" devices elastic-banded to my iPhone).

Given this, I think this will probably warrant me upgrading to the 20s, subtle differences or not. They're just too much up my sonic alley to pass over. It was kind of one of those "you don't know what you listening for until to hear it moments" for me. When a headphone, speaker, amp gets you to literally run the gauntlet of every record you've been obsessed with for the last two decades, you know it's a winner.

Cheers.

Are these your first planars? If so welcome to the world of the best driver technology lol

But yea, these rock for multi genre listening like you said and i agree with your opinion. I think that you should upgrade like you said, see what you think. If you can save your 10 and compare them, then you can always return or resell the other pair

May 17, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #5,234 of 7,352
Are these your first planars? If so welcome to the world of the best driver technology lol

But yea, these rock for multi genre listening like you said and i agree with your opinion. I think that you should upgrade like you said, see what you think. If you can save your 10 and compare them, then you can always return or resell the other pair

These are the first I've owned and plan on keeping...tried the Oppo PM-1 and HiFi HE400S. I liked them both, but the planar hype at the time likely deflated my experience and I returned them in favor of my old trustee HD600s.

I was really skeptical when I heard about the iSine series to be frank. The shrunken over ear design and Apple iFriendliness were sounding my gimmick alarm bells...I certainly learned a lesson in how NOT to be so prejudice and unfairly skeptical of something that generates momentum with whatever this week's fanboy flavor happens to be.

I'm really glad I swallowed my snobbishness and gave these a chance though.

Until they shrink a chord mojo down to Cipher cable size and come up with something that pulls off the room feel of the iSine's while managing to drown out rush hour level ambience...

These win.

May 17, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #5,235 of 7,352
I don't listen to music off my laptop anymore but I just loaded the audeze reveal plugin into foobar2000 loaded the isine 10 settings and it sounds really good, I only have a cheap usb hifime sabre 9018 amp with me right now but it sounds really good. I loaded the lcdx settings and tried with my HEX V2 and it sounds pretty good as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back