Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 18, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #5,116 of 7,352
Yep, I grabbed a pair of isine20's. Now I just need to read up on finding a balanced cable for use with the hiby r6. I'd never even considered them seriously but couldn't pass this up. Any recommendations for a balanced cable?

Most 2-pin 0.78 cables should work, but you want to make sure they've got a notch cut in them to fit the opening of the iSine. On the cheap end of the spectrum, Venture Electronics is a popular option. (I've got two of their cables which I've used with the iSine)

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #5,117 of 7,352
Most 2-pin 0.78 cables should work, but you want to make sure they've got a notch cut in them to fit the opening of the iSine. On the cheap end of the spectrum, Venture Electronics is a popular option. (I've got two of their cables which I've used with the iSine)
Awesome thanks. I actually have a venture. 78 balanced on the way from massdrop right now.... For some reason I've had a hard time finding the actual specs and the pins looked flatter in some of the pictures. But I've already got several cables that will work! Do you find the soundstage opens up even more balanced on these?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #5,118 of 7,352
Awesome thanks. I actually have a venture. 78 balanced on the way from massdrop right now.... For some reason I've had a hard time finding the actual specs and the pins looked flatter in some of the pictures. But I've already got several cables that will work! Do you find the soundstage opens up even more balanced on these?

Subtly, but yes.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #5,119 of 7,352
Can anyone comment on how the isine 20 via android sound with listening to heavy metal music? Looking to buy a pair.
Could not recommend them more for metal music
Their imagaging and instrument seperation are just stunning
They have pretty forward/rich mid range what makes it for metal very good combination

But not only metal, they just sound good for all genres, you can throw anything at it
But I personally listen alot of metal on my isine 20's, havent found yet anything better sounding tbh

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #5,120 of 7,352
Just a FYI for anyone interested. Slickdeals has a sale notification for Adorama. The isine 20 without cipher is $300 and the LCD i4 is $1499 for B stock. Full warranty as they are an authorized dealer. Ordered a pair of LCD i4 today. Supposedly an unopened customer return. Already got notification they have shipped. They come with regular and Cipher cable.

Damn missed them. Mind you they probably charge a fortune or don't ship to Europe so I'll have to make do with my 10s. :)

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #5,121 of 7,352
I got my isine 10s a couple of weeks ago. They came with the v2 cipher cable and I've been using an old iphone 5 as a player. I've eq'd them slightly (1khz -4db, 4khz +3db). I really love the sound and as a result returned a set of Philips X2s I had bought just prior. So I'm still looking for an over ear to complement the isines for home (as I find the ear hooks fiddly to put on). Any ideas? I listen to Jazz and acoustic almost exclusively. HE-400i & HD650 are on my radar, but also higher up the budget Audioquest nighthawks (carbon?) or is it worth stretching to the LCD2C?

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #5,122 of 7,352
They have pretty forward/rich mid range what makes it for metal very good combination

But not only metal, they just sound good for all genres, you can throw anything at it
But I personally listen alot of metal on my isine 20's, havent found yet anything better sounding tbh

I wholeheartedly agree.
I love them for metal both with cypher and without.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #5,123 of 7,352
I got my isine 10s a couple of weeks ago. They came with the v2 cipher cable and I've been using an old iphone 5 as a player. I've eq'd them slightly (1khz -4db, 4khz +3db). I really love the sound and as a result returned a set of Philips X2s I had bought just prior. So I'm still looking for an over ear to complement the isines for home (as I find the ear hooks fiddly to put on). Any ideas? I listen to Jazz and acoustic almost exclusively. HE-400i & HD650 are on my radar, but also higher up the budget Audioquest nighthawks (carbon?) or is it worth stretching to the LCD2C?
Nighthawk are not higher up the budget than $650. Only $399 on Amazon right now

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #5,124 of 7,352
I have the original nighthawk and it takes some getting used to. I like them but the treble response is definitely lower than other headphones. Or as Audioquest says not exaggerated. The Focal mass drop might be a good option. I also have the Elear and Utopia and both a very good for acoustic music. The mass drop version seems to have dialed the bass of the Elears down a little.

Apr 20, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #5,125 of 7,352

Thanks for the reply.
That is awesome they work with metal. I was wondering if you eq for a better sound?
I will be using them with fiio x3ii and a5 amp.
Looks like I might need to buy a pair.
Thanks again

Apr 20, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #5,126 of 7,352
I have a great deal of respect for the iSine series. They are very high resolution and have very little distortion. Just not a fan of their tuning. Things sound disjointed due to the tonality being weird.

That said, I love their mids. Vocals seem to come from within the head...as if you're singing the song yourself. It has a nice airy feel too. Soundstage is fantastic (as expected of an open IEM) and the layering + imaging is incredible for the asking price.

I hope that audeze will fix the tuning issues with the (hopefully) iSine 30. Great IEM.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 20, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #5,127 of 7,352
I have a great deal of respect for the iSine series. They are very high resolution and have very little distortion. Just not a fan of their tuning. Things sound disjointed due to the tonality being weird.

That said, I love their mids. Vocals seem to come from within the head...as if you're singing the song yourself. It has a nice airy feel too. Soundstage is fantastic (as expected of an open IEM) and the layering + imaging is incredible for the asking price.

I hope that audeze will fix the tuning issues with the (hopefully) iSine 30. Great IEM.
Yes. Have to applied PEQ to sounds good is really inconvenient..

Apr 20, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #5,128 of 7,352
Thanks for the reply.
That is awesome they work with metal. I was wondering if you eq for a better sound?
I will be using them with fiio x3ii and a5 amp.
Looks like I might need to buy a pair.
Thanks again

They respond incredible good to Equalizers and have no distortion
You can push them anywhere you want if you want

I personally EQ them alot, I boost the midbass ranges and bass ranges even more then stock settings
I know most of people here are looking for this "neutral" sound but i feel there is so much potential in these with EQ
Its all about your own preference, for metal i recommend boosting the bass ranges and midbass ranges for even more powerful punchy guitar/drum "experience"
I also love the sound of the "snares" of drums with these and vocals
Just use your own ears, personally you can't really make them sound bad, they are stellar IEM"s

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #5,129 of 7,352
They respond incredible good to Equalizers and have no distortion
You can push them anywhere you want if you want

I personally EQ them alot, I boost the midbass ranges and bass ranges even more then stock settings
I know most of people here are looking for this "neutral" sound but i feel there is so much potential in these with EQ
Its all about your own preference, for metal i recommend boosting the bass ranges and midbass ranges for even more powerful punchy guitar/drum "experience"
Just use your own ears, personally you can't really make them sound bad, they are stellar IEM"s

I am mostly referring to the tone, rather than the FR. Tone is not something that can be fixed with EQ...at least with what I've tried.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 20, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #5,130 of 7,352
I am mostly referring to the tone, rather than the FR. Tone is not something that can be fixed with EQ...at least with what I've tried.
Yeah, if you don't like the tone signature a EQ won't help with this either
EQ can only enhance what already excist, but cannot change the whole "house signature"
I love the sound signature, but i can image some don't it is something special indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back