Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #5,101 of 7,353
Can someone comment on the isolation and sound leakage on the iSine 10?

Looking to buy a pair to use at home and during my daily subway commute but I'm concerned they won't isolate outside noises and disturb people sitting next to me.

Found a great price on a pair of lightning cable ones too.

They won't isolate at all and people will hear your music if it's loud enough to drown out outside noise.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #5,102 of 7,353

Looking to buy a pair to use at home and during my daily subway commute but I'm concerned they won't isolate outside noises and disturb people sitting next to me.

If subway is going to be a major use, I would probably not buy these. even if you switch to comply, they are essentially open backed. I like my isine 20s so much, I grabbed a 1More Triple for those times when I need some isolation.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #5,103 of 7,353
Ya I commute about 1.5 hours a day so isolation is pretty much required. Thanks for the replies!

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #5,104 of 7,353

I use mine at the gym and at my listening level it works fine for me, but in the subway it probably would not work so well.

As for leakage, I think it's not a real issue unless you in a fairly quiet environment. In most enjoyments they would have to be played REAL loud before it was really an issue, and even then you probably blow out your ears at that level.

I use them walking around or in the gym with good results. I do not listen at low volume though, so YMMV. The subway is not anything I have to deal with where I live.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #5,106 of 7,353

They won't really if at all disturb people next to you. They are open back. Sound comes through. You'll here the bumps "roar" of the road, etc, but the music will still be highly listenable. I've used them in a vehicle with the resonator removed, so there's a loud groan when the gas pedal is engaged. Still fine to me. You won't be doing critical listening in a semi noisy environment, but they are still listenable.

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #5,107 of 7,353

There's very little isolation. Leakage is not that high, but you will hear everything around you, more or less.

This is definitely not a headphone for subway commutes if you want any isolation at all.

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #5,111 of 7,353
Just a FYI for anyone interested. Slickdeals has a sale notification for Adorama. The isine 20 without cipher is $300 and the LCD i4 is $1499 for B stock. Full warranty as they are an authorized dealer. Ordered a pair of LCD i4 today. Supposedly an unopened customer return. Already got notification they have shipped. They come with regular and Cipher cable.

Apr 18, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #5,112 of 7,353
Just a FYI for anyone interested. Slickdeals has a sale notification for Adorama. The isine 20 without cipher is $300 and the LCD i4 is $1499 for B stock. Full warranty as they are an authorized dealer. Ordered a pair of LCD i4 today. Supposedly an unopened customer return. Already got notification they have shipped. They come with regular and Cipher cable.
And just like that, they're gone, lol.

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #5,113 of 7,353
Yep, I grabbed a pair of isine20's. Now I just need to read up on finding a balanced cable for use with the hiby r6. I'd never even considered them seriously but couldn't pass this up. Any recommendations for a balanced cable?

Word to the wise, for some reason they showed OOS on internet explorer (work computer) and dolphin, but in stock when I opened with chrome. Might want to try the link in different browsers, was kind of strange.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #5,114 of 7,353
I saw that Slickdeal as well. Glad you got the 20's. You won't be disappointed. Anyone have any experience with the el8 open or the sine dx? I'm so impressed with my 20's that I'm now considering replacing my PC headphones with something from audeze. I prefer open back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back