Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 15, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #5,086 of 7,353
Also, if you're into foamies, the Symbio Mandarine-E gives the best of both worlds and doesn't wear out + keeps sharper highs/lows + extended soundstage vs pure-foam. IMHO, IME.
Have you tried it on the iSine? ImI user Sabre chipped Dacs, so imI not looking for extra treble, as Sabre institution is usually a little on the bright side. Additional treble added to what I'm already getting from the foam tips on the iSine would be Overkill for me.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #5,087 of 7,353
Have you tried it on the iSine? ImI user Sabre chipped Dacs, so imI not looking for extra treble, as Sabre institution is usually a little on the bright side. Additional treble added to what I'm already getting from the foam tips on the iSine would be Overkill for me.

Yes. I’m a tip rolling addict. The Symbio tips are currently on both of my IEMs but last month it was the spinfits. There’s no guarantee you’ll like aftermarket until you try a few and find what you like & fits you best. If you don’t want to spend money on a bunch of tips, the stock groovy tips are quite nice.

Outside of Comply, the spinfit and Mandarin are worth trying. Especially since they don’t wear out. In fact, I’d recommend to jump straight to them and skip Comply.

My big problem with Comply is that when they’re new, they sound crisp but then lose that edge after about a week or so. The Symbio Mandarin, to my ear, sound like the freshest Comply you can imagine and never dull. They’re such a cool hybrid.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #5,089 of 7,353
Anyone please comment about android and iSine 20 settings? I like to use with UAPP.

Thanks in advance
Here. But with EQ-V2
I assume you intend to use ToneBooster that offers 6 bands of parametric EQ.
  1. Start with the EQ I posted here
  2. Since you can only enter 6 bands, in the above EQ (EQ-V1) choose bands 1,2,4,8,9,10.
  3. Enter the Gain, Frequency and Q values in Tone booster.
  4. For filter type, choose 'High shelf' for bands 1 and 10 in EQ-V1 and choose 'Analog bell' for bands 2, 4,8 and 9
This should get you quite close to a neutral. You can then adjust bass using band 1.
Use bands 2 and 9 to increase or decrease energy in the upper-mids.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #5,091 of 7,353
Yes. I’m a tip rolling addict. The Symbio tips are currently on both of my IEMs but last month it was the spinfits. There’s no guarantee you’ll like aftermarket until you try a few and find what you like & fits you best. If you don’t want to spend money on a bunch of tips, the stock groovy tips are quite nice.

Outside of Comply, the spinfit and Mandarin are worth trying. Especially since they don’t wear out. In fact, I’d recommend to jump straight to them and skip Comply.

My big problem with Comply is that when they’re new, they sound crisp but then lose that edge after about a week or so. The Symbio Mandarin, to my ear, sound like the freshest Comply you can imagine and never dull. They’re such a cool hybrid.
I feel like I can definitely see your point on Comply losing some of their advantwadv when it comes to normal IEMs. With the constant comoressioc and re-expansion, one would assume that the structural integrity would be compromised at some point, thereby compromising the sound. Thing is, the small tips don't get compressed in my ears. I'm a medium sized tip individual. Small can readily be slid in and out, and in a normal irm that would be horrible, however it plays the perfect role on the iSine. These earphones prefer the ever so slightly seal, to further promote the greater soundstage and airy presentation. Mid presence and low end aren't negatively affected by a reduced seal. The groovy tips, which are silicone still produced a much lacking frequency response to my ears, regardless of size used

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #5,092 of 7,353
Did your isine 20's come with ear locks? Mine came with all of the tips regular and groovy, the clear and black over ear clips but no earlocks. Just curious if there is a mistake on what I got.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #5,099 of 7,353
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a pair of isine 20's and a Chord Mojo. I downloaded EQ APO and have tried the V1 and V2 EQ settings from this forum and like them quite a lot compared to stock, but BR777 this is the best EQ settings i've heard yet on pc with the Mojo.

I have a newb question on your settings. What is the reasoning behind reducing the preamp so much? Also I don't understand the filters very well and if someone would be kind enough to link me to a reference guide for them that would be massively helpful.

I have also been running them through my Pixel 2 & Mojo using Spotify and have been quite pleased with the results even sans cipher cable. I have one last question for now. If i got a lightning to usbc adapter I know I could plug in the cipher to my Pixel 2....but would it work?

61SDcxnNZPL._SL1500_.jpg
won't work. tested

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #5,100 of 7,353
Can someone comment on the isolation and sound leakage on the iSine 10?

Looking to buy a pair to use at home and during my daily subway commute but I'm concerned they won't isolate outside noises and disturb people sitting next to me.

Found a great price on a pair of lightning cable ones too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back