Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 20, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #4,441 of 7,348
Exact same for me.
As I wrote in the post below, 5 from mute starts giving me discomfort already.
Everything above the middle would be pretty loud for me and only sustainable for a short term. Maybe good for the ears, but bad in terms of sound. Starts getting exciting at 4 and up I have the feeling..above would probably still be perfectly okay for someone with normal ears/hearing
Now I know how far along my hearing loss is... :triportsad:

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #4,443 of 7,348
@FooFighter can you share your Audeze EQ settings pls.
58D7F076-11BF-4D55-B40B-F34B70E7D06B.png
That's my current default eq for the V2 Cipher I am using most of the time
Have to confess that I am using Comply Foam Comfort 600, size M as I couldn't get good and comfortable fit with the default tips.
The seal is good but not tight but sound is much fuller than with standard silicone tips for my ear anatomy, though the increased high frequencies I put can be due to the foam absorbing some part of the higher eq parts thus this might be some compensation

Dec 21, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #4,444 of 7,348
About the Comply Foam Comfort 600 tips, i'm wondering if this really improves sound experience

Normally speaken the default tips delivered from audeze should have best performance
I'm reading alot of conflicting results with alternative ear tips, too bad i can't just try because to belgium they are pretty expensive 40 euro's (with delivery costs) :frowning2:

I think it depends on your own ears how well they seal etc

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #4,445 of 7,348
About the Comply Foam Comfort 600 tips, i'm wondering if this really improves sound experience

Normally speaken the default tips delivered from audeze should have best performance
I'm reading alot of conflicting results with alternative ear tips, too bad i can't just try because to belgium they are pretty expensive 40 euro's (with delivery costs) :frowning2:

I think it depends on your own ears how well they seal etc

I use the Comply’s as well, a bit difficult to get on, but worth it, I get a much better “seal.”

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #4,448 of 7,348
The question how much you want to invest for increasing your personal audio experience can be answered not on a general basis.
I am personally happy playing Apple Music with Cypher V2 as my main use case.
For playing HIRES you can use for example the Onkyo player app but then also need an according external DAC which is able to decode that.
As the Isines aren't tuned nicely for the analog cable usage most people enjoy their sound only with additional equalizing applied.
Haven't tried myself changing the EQ in the Onkyo player app but guess it is kind of limited and clumsy in that Regards.
Best results can be achieved using professional eq software where you can download the Audeze eq settings for the according headphone such as roon
But that only works with a PC / MAC.
Another forum member has made good experience with his Android phone using some Viper4Android app in combination with Isine connected via analoge cable

So everyone says the isine 20 is not tuned nicely without the cipher...to what agree. But why couldn't they do that? I mean, the cipher puts just its eq on top right? A very colored sound. Why didn't they tune the underlying phone in a nice way? To get the apple deal going and tie you to your iphone? I mean, the driver tune is the driver tune? Right? The cipher just puts its eq setting on top right (and of course has a amp/dac)?

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #4,449 of 7,348
I'll check that out. But I guess it works via iTunes? Don't have any music there. These days I only stream. Got tidal hi res as well....but not hearing any real difference to Spotify highest quality...
As far as I remember you need to upload the files via ITunes, correct.

Don't want to offend anyone regarding Spotify by the way. I loved the KI recommendations and 3rd party integrations like Sonos etc alot.
But the last time I had the Abonnement I could hear clear differences to Apple Music, Deezer Hifi, Tidal Hifi.
The sound was kind of less dynamic, more veiled in comparison...
For that reason I dropped Spotify and went to Apple Music.
I was listening those days through my IFI Micro Idsd, music stream received via Sonos Connect connected by Optical out, amplified by my Violectric V200 and getting the sound out of my LCD 2...

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #4,450 of 7,348
As far as I remember you need to upload the files via ITunes, correct.

Don't want to offend anyone regarding Spotify by the way. I loved the KI recommendations and 3rd party integrations like Sonos etc alot.
But the last time I had the Abonnement I could hear clear differences to Apple Music, Deezer Hifi, Tidal Hifi.
The sound was kind of less dynamic, more veiled in comparison...
For that reason I dropped Spotify and went to Apple Music.
I was listening those days through my IFI Micro Idsd, music stream received via Sonos Connect connected by Optical out, amplified by my Violectric V200 and getting the sound out of my LCD 2...

Fair enough, I just listen to Spotify for conscience reasons :)
But it does sound just slightly more veiled than tidal hires. But I always think maybe that's just my imagination. I have both apps on my phone, but the standard tidal volume is a it different than Spotify, so direct comparison is slightly biased even when adjusting. Your set up sounds amazing!!

Edit: convenience reasons

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #4,451 of 7,348
I have a question for anyone listening to Spotify via isine 20 + cipher (on an I-phone 6). How loud is your volume (in how many bars?) just out of curiosity. I have bad judgement about this and do not wanna ruin my hearing in the mid-long term.
thank you
In my office, where people go in and out, I'm between 2-4 bars on Apple Music. Anything above 4 is way too hot for me.

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #4,452 of 7,348
So everyone says the isine 20 is not tuned nicely without the cipher...to what agree. But why couldn't they do that? I mean, the cipher puts just its eq on top right? A very colored sound. Why didn't they tune the underlying phone in a nice way? To get the apple deal going and tie you to your iphone? I mean, the driver tune is the driver tune? Right? The cipher just puts its eq setting on top right (and of course has a amp/dac)?
The iSine is a single, flat membrane driver as opposed to normal IEMs which have multiple drivers and crossovers that can tuned accordingly.
The iSine was designed first and foremost to have extremely low distortion rather than a “typical” frequency response.
The benefit of this is that it reacts extremely well to EQ so you can tailor it to your own taste.
Because it’s a flat panel and doesn’t interact with the ear, other than the canal itself, to bring it to a more typical FR curve, the Cipher cable allows DSP and EQ to be applied, whereas if you use a standard 3.5mm cable you’ll need to add EQ to taste.
Many people enjoy it without EQ which is fine also and each to their own.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #4,453 of 7,348
In my office, where people go in and out, I'm between 2-4 bars on Apple Music. Anything above 4 is way too hot for me.

Thnks man. In was really wondering. I can't go over 4 with Spotify or else I'll have discomfort. I was just curious how that compares. I guess Apple Music and Spotify are at least somewhat comparable in terms of volume output?!

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #4,454 of 7,348
Thnks man. In was really wondering. I can't go over 4 with Spotify or else I'll have discomfort. I was just curious how that compares. I guess Apple Music and Spotify are at least somewhat comparable in terms of volume output?!
The last time I tried Apple Music next to Spotify, Apple Music was significantly louder...
You can adjust that through the Apple Music IOS settings to equalize the volume for all songs being played

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #4,455 of 7,348
The last time I tried Apple Music next to Spotify, Apple Music was significantly louder...
You can adjust that through the Apple Music IOS settings to equalize the volume for all songs being played

Ok, interesting. I guess my ears can't even take in ears anymore either. Just ridiculous.
No point in owning a phone when you can't really listen a little loud with it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back