Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 19, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #4,411 of 7,352
The question how much you want to invest for increasing your personal audio experience can be answered not on a general basis.
I am personally happy playing Apple Music with Cypher V2 as my main use case.
For playing HIRES you can use for example the Onkyo player app but then also need an according external DAC which is able to decode that.
As the Isines aren't tuned nicely for the analog cable usage most people enjoy their sound only with additional equalizing applied.
Haven't tried myself changing the EQ in the Onkyo player app but guess it is kind of limited and clumsy in that Regards.
Best results can be achieved using professional eq software where you can download the Audeze eq settings for the according headphone such as roon
But that only works with a PC / MAC.
Another forum member has made good experience with his Android phone using some Viper4Android app in combination with Isine connected via analoge cable

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #4,412 of 7,352
Playing from your computer i can recommend soundblaster ZXR or just the bulk (Z) version: it's simelar quality like (Xonar Essence STX) but with good equalizing software which is controlling from the chip directly (Semi hardwareEqualizer) with zero loss in quality

With my android LG phone: I compared my LG V20 + viper4android with my soundblaster ZXR from my computer (with about same EQ settings):
I slightly prefered my LG V20 because viper4android had more bass extension especially with "dynamic system" enabled, don't get me wrong, bass goes 1 octave lower but still very controlled bass and punchy without bleeding in the lowmids or mids.
And soundblaster ZXR had a slighty cleaner/agressive analog signal compared to LG V20 but only slightly
With Iphone i guess the cipher cable has about the same results, and additional the equalizer does seem to have everything you need, maybe with less bass extension and soundstage viper4android can provide, but still good enough for most

edit: one little note for android users: using the default FX equalizer from the android system is a terrible EQ: it degrades your soundquality drasticaly and is very limited. then you're better off with poweramp or neutron player if you can't manage to install viper4android (which is a real pain in the ass to install on some devices :D)
I also repeat that poweramp and neutron does not give the possibilities and quality that viper4android provides

I hope i could help some of you with this

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #4,413 of 7,352
I store 16/44.1 ALAC on my iphone. Not sure if you can stream high res such as tidal on iphone. I imagine you can I just haven't tried it.

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #4,414 of 7,352
The question how much you want to invest for increasing your personal audio experience can be answered not on a general basis.
I am personally happy playing Apple Music with Cypher V2 as my main use case.
For playing HIRES you can use for example the Onkyo player app but then also need an according external DAC which is able to decode that.
As the Isines aren't tuned nicely for the analog cable usage most people enjoy their sound only with additional equalizing applied.
Haven't tried myself changing the EQ in the Onkyo player app but guess it is kind of limited and clumsy in that Regards.
Best results can be achieved using professional eq software where you can download the Audeze eq settings for the according headphone such as roon
But that only works with a PC / MAC.
Another forum member has made good experience with his Android phone using some Viper4Android app in combination with Isine connected via analoge cable

so basically cipher + phone is the way to go and it doesn´t really get much better... i was hoping they would scale and i could use them at home connected to my amplifier to listen to vinyls as well....but that sounds really really bad...haha

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #4,415 of 7,352
so basically cipher + phone is the way to go and it doesn´t really get much better... i was hoping they would scale and i could use them at home connected to my amplifier to listen to vinyls as well....but that sounds really really bad...haha
Well you can with a good dac and amp as I am doing for my LCD 2.
For the Isines you d though need some eq in the middle like Laptop with eq software - DAC - Amplifier - Isine connected through analogue cable.
As for me one of the big advantages of the Isines is their portability I am just using them for most of the time only on my IPhone or IPAD.
I don't even own a laptop :wink:
For my stationary rig I am streaming out of my SONOS Connect to my IFI Micro Idsd as a DAC and my Violectric V200 as an amp but no equalizer there

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #4,416 of 7,352

EQ is pretty easy for PC use, especially with the plugin that Audeze put out.

To EQ vinyl, I guess you'd need either a hardware equalizer or else to convert the analog signal to a digital one and then back out to analog after EQ'ing. (Which is probably not consistent with the vinyl ethos.)

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #4,417 of 7,352
For the Isines you d though need some eq in the middle like Laptop with eq software - DAC - Amplifier - Isine connected through analogue cable.
As for me one of the big advantages of the Isines is their portability I am just using them for most of the time only on my IPhone or IPAD.
For my stationary rig I am streaming out of my SONOS Connect to my IFI Micro Idsd as a DAC and my Violectric V200 as an amp but no equalizer there

thank you for the reply.
Yeah I hear you. usually I would also just use them as a portable rig. but i have problems with my ear when listening to over ear headphones unfortunately...so these little things were my promise for headphone like sound in an iem :)
but i get what you saying with putting eq software in between
cheers

EDIT: so if there is any iem out there anyone knows of that can do that (except the lcdi4 for obvious reasons, being a student with limited resources :) ) let me know haha

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #4,418 of 7,352
Audeze may or may not be releasing a closed-back version called the iSine LX.

Taking hints from the recently released open-back Sine DX, it seems reasonable that Audeze could drop a new iSine by CanJam NYC or sooner. Considering how well the company has done with other closed-back headphones, its not hard to imagine that they would do the same with their smallest version of the planar magnetic line. If so, it would be a welcome addition to the lineup and an answer for many who were frustrated by the lack of isolation on the 10/20s.

Has anyone heard more about these?

Attachments

• Roon iSine DX.PNG
    Roon iSine DX.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Roon iSine LX.PNG
    Roon iSine LX.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Google Audeze iSine LX.PNG
    Google Audeze iSine LX.PNG
    124.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 19, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #4,419 of 7,352
OK, so imho the Isine 20 are very close to tha "big headphone feeling", as I am hardly listening to my rig chain anymore this speaks for itself.
If I had an android device I d give that Viper4Android a chance and connect that in front of my chain.
Don't know which amplifier you have or if you have a dedicated external dac yet.
That's anyway kind of standard equipment in this area
Even my Pioneer movie receiver can yet decode hires.
So I could wire my phone to its USB port or stream via Apple Air Play.
An Android phone should also be seamlessly connectable to some external dac, haven't tried it though

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #4,420 of 7,352
How would you compare the EQ'd isine 20 vs the LCD-2 ? as far i remember from my audition it was very simelar, but i could be wrong :)

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,421 of 7,352
How would you compare the EQ'd isine 20 vs the LCD-2 ? as far i remember from my audition it was very simelar, but i could be wrong :)
Out of the Cipher V2 with my standard eq settings with slightly increased 4k and highs they sound close to my LCD -2 on my IDSD with activated 3d effect but more effortless than the LCD 2.
The LCD 2 are rock solid, no resonance, feel kind of grounded and straight, the Isines are airy with wide soundstage bigger than LCD2 standard but could suffer just a little from resonance in upper mid range.
I sometimes find them close to my Closed Back Denon AD-H 7100 which is the most open stage headphone I own but unfortunately also suffers from resonance with higher volumes in bass region.

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #4,422 of 7,352
Out of the Cipher V2 with my standard eq settings with slightly increased 4k and highs they sound close to my LCD -2 on my IDSD with activated 3d effect but more effortless than the LCD 2.
The LCD 2 are rock solid, no resonance, feel kind of grounded and straight, the Isines are airy with wide soundstage bigger than LCD2 standard but could suffer just a little from resonance in upper mid range.
I sometimes find them close to my Closed Back Denon AD-H 7100 which is the most open stage headphone I own but unfortunately also suffers from resonance with higher volumes in bass region.

so the isine 20 can rival the LCD2 in terms of soundstage (i have never listened to any Audeze full sized headphone)? what is activated 3d effect?
and have you ever listened to the Sine DX?

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #4,423 of 7,352
so the isine 20 can rival the LCD2 in terms of soundstage (i have never listened to any Audeze full sized headphone)? what is activated 3d effect?
and have you ever listened to the Sine DX?
I would say yes sound stage wise.
The LCD 2 are no sound stage monsters as my DENONs are for example.
unfortunately I haven't had the chance listening to the Sine DX ones

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #4,424 of 7,352
I would say yes sound stage wise.
The LCD 2 are no sound stage monsters as my DENONs are for example.
unfortunately I haven't had the chance listening to the Sine DX ones

Cool, thank you :)
If I had no restrictions with my ears I´d go for the intersection of a warm headphone with the biggest soundstage possible (being on the warmer side, i guess it would sound less airy)

Dec 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #4,425 of 7,352
Cool, thank you :)
If I had no restrictions with my ears I´d go for the intersection of a warm headphone with the biggest soundstage possible (being on the warmer side, i guess it would sound less airy)
If my DENONs didn't have this bass rolloff issue I would call them some of the best sound stage headphones out there, the Isine 20 driven from the Cipher V2 are for me in comparison the best compromise for portal high end headphone experience without bigger flaws

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back