Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 17, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #4,381 of 7,348
@bogdanopolis
One additional note regarding the Cipher V2 if you plan to buy from Audeze for reduced 60 Eur.
Please look at the shipping costs / taxes!
I paid double the price only because of import taxes and additional FedEx fee for lending me the tax money...

Thanks for the input FooFighter, I also asked locally at my dealer to see if he can bring the cable at a better price.
From your point of view is it worth the price of ~120€ for this upgrade ? (I bought the iSines mint condition for 300€)

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #4,382 of 7,348
Thanks for the input FooFighter, I also asked locally at my dealer to see if he can bring the cable at a better price.
From your point of view is it worth the price of ~120€ for this upgrade ? (I bought the iSines mint condition for 300€)
If it is for the Isines only definitely yes speaking from my impressions coming from the Isine 20 and Cipher V1 and V2 with the latest firmware.
This can be a combination you can stay happy with for a while if you are not falling into the spiral of wanting more and more small improvements for a lot of money and can listen mostly in quiter environments where you don't need closed solutions instead.

Another alternative might be trading in / selling your Isine10 for some new / used Isine 20 including the V2 Cipher in a bundle.
But these will cost you around 700 Eur new if there isn't a special sale...
I got mine for 599 Eur those days from my local dealer with V1 Cipher but there again the discussion starts how big are the differences between Isine 10/20 with Apple Music as main source and is it worth the extra money.
I remember a forum member saying that he didn't find the difference between Isine 20 and top notch Isine-i4 big enough to justify the price difference if not listening in a perfectly silent environment with good source material and these cost way more...

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #4,386 of 7,348
@bogdanopolis
This is your chance, you could get in touch with chillaxing and calculate shipping costs

Dec 17, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #4,387 of 7,348
I purchased my Isine 20 about 1 week ago ....what can i say...these things are absolutely fantastic !
Don't fool yourself with the name "SINE" it has nothing to do with sine's series these things are completely LCD-2 sound like wt**!

I also had moments i had the feeling i was listening to a improved sennheiser HD 650 (mid wise), well in the mid's wise then...but even more smooth and wide, really wide, like holographic wide
Well i know maybe i sound rediculous i dunno?
For people who are wondering, these small in ears just beat the almost unbeatable HD 650 yes that's right in everything

I'm using a LG V20 phone with (quad dac) + viper4android (vipermod) and I also forced the DAC in full power mode 600 ohm (only possible with rooted phone)
=> This is a must have if you're having the LG V20: Viper4android has a fantastic Equalizer and lots of other options
This semi soft - hardware equalizer brings these Audeze Isine 20's to a next level. disabled viper4android with default DAC settings sounds really dull imo compared enabled.
But i guess i'm used to "my sound" i like to EQ with all my headphone's :')
To make an example: Compared to the Cipher cable EQ curve: my settings are even more agressive in the midbass and bass range (i like low bass impact and midpunch)
Also with boosted 1- 4K range and a bit tamed 8K - 16K

Isine's have much room in EQ potential tbh: You can really boost them to levels you never heard in your life and if you find the right settings you don't need to look further anymore ... well except you having money to buy an LCD-3/LCD-4? :D

Don't have the cipher cable but from what i read it's only a DSP (equalizer settings) with a decent small DAC to drive it).
You don't need the cipher cable if you're having a phone with a decent DAC and some good EQ software or a good standalone DAC with EQ options
The trick is EQ that's all, thats why people like the cipher cable because it's just coloured sound it's not a special feature or magic
I also read that some people find Ciper cable does sound better than chord mojo yes, because chord mojo doesn't have EQ options it's a clean non colored signal

For android users: Poweramp (app) is a good alternative for non-rooted phones, but doesn't go near viper4android quality/potential wise imo

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #4,389 of 7,348
I purchased my Isine 20 about 1 week ago ....what can i say...these things are absolutely fantastic !
Don't fool yourself with the name "SINE" it has nothing to do with sine's series these things are completely LCD-2 sound like wt**!

I also had moments i had the feeling i was listening to a improved sennheiser HD 650 (mid wise), well in the mid's wise then...but even more smooth and wide, really wide, like holographic wide
For people who are wondering, these small in ears just beat the almost unbeatable HD 650 yes that's right in everything

I'm using a LG V20 phone with (quad dac) + viper4android (vipermod) and I also forced the DAC in full power mode 600 ohm (only possible with rooted phone)
=> This is a must have if you're having the LG V20: Viper4android has a fantastic Equalizer and lots of other options
This semi soft - hardware equalizer brings these Audeze Isine 20's to a next level. disabled viper4android with default DAC settings sounds really dull imo compared enabled.
To make an example: Compared to the Cipher cable EQ curve: my settings are even more agressive in the midbass and bass range (i like low bass impact and midpunch)

Isine's have much room in EQ potential tbh: You can really boost them to levels you never heard in your life and if you find the right settings you don't need to look further anymore ... well except you having money to buy an LCD-3/LCD-4? :D

Don't have the cipher cable but from what i read it's only a DSP (equalizer settings) with a decent small DAC to drive it).
You don't need the cipher cable if you're having a phone with a decent DAC and some good EQ software or a good standalone DAC with EQ options
The trick is EQ that's all, thats why people like the cipher cable because it's just coloured sound it's not a special feature or magic
I also read that some people find Ciper cable does sound better than chord mojo yes, because chord mojo doesn't have EQ options it's a clean non colored signal

For android users: Poweramp (app) is a good alternative for non-rooted phones, but doesn't go near viper4android quality/potential wise imo
You don't need to be rooted to get the V20 in high power mode.

Dec 18, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #4,393 of 7,348

I agree with you, its a fantastic headphone. but soundstage has more width than the hd650? i really disagree about that one. for an iem its a very good soundstage, but its not really wide...the sound is always kinda in front of my face with a little to the left and right...still great for an in ear tho

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #4,395 of 7,348
I agree with you, its a fantastic headphone. but soundstage has more width than the hd650? i really disagree about that one. for an iem its a very good soundstage, but its not really wide...the sound is always kinda in front of my face with a little to the left and right...still great for an in ear tho
I find the mid's aren even more refined and lush/airy compared to the HD 650, they are both great tho mid wise

Soundstage is about the same for me, i think it might depend which source you are driving them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back