Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Aug 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #3,271 of 7,352
I got the isine 20's in and I am trying to find out whats best fit for me. I have been going between the tips seeing what sounds the best. Is there anything other then bass response that I should focus on?

Try to figure out if you like shallow depth or full depth insertion as early as possible. Try comparing silicon to foam. For cheap foamies, look at the "Rebound" brand on Amazon. I found them as a very acceptable Comply copy-cat when price is a factor.

Speaking of tips, I just ordered the Symbio MandarinE W tips yesterday which are silicon shells with memory foam inside. Pretty stoked to try 'em. Will report back.

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #3,272 of 7,352
Try to figure out if you like shallow depth or full depth insertion as early as possible. Try comparing silicon to foam. For cheap foamies, look at the "Rebound" brand on Amazon. I found them as a very acceptable Comply copy-cat when price is a factor.

Speaking of tips, I just ordered the Symbio MandarinE W tips yesterday which are silicon shells with memory foam inside. Pretty stoked to try 'em. Will report back.
well thanks for telling me that about shallow or full depth... I was just pulling my ear up and back and inserting them in, but ill play around with that now! I was curious about which tips would be best, but with the bass on the song "GLOWED UP" (feat Anderson .Paak) wow I am hearing it go from mid bass to low bass immediately in this song.

Thanks for the "tips" :wink:

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #3,273 of 7,352
well thanks for telling me that about shallow or full depth... I was just pulling my ear up and back and inserting them in, but ill play around with that now! I was curious about which tips would be best, but with the bass on the song "GLOWED UP" (feat Anderson .Paak) wow I am hearing it go from mid bass to low bass immediately in this song.

Thanks for the "tips" :wink:

For shallow insertion, start large and work your way down. Groovy tips are a must so that they stay in position. It's the most Sennheiser-esque presentation. For me, when I switch over to the Comply Comfort or Rebound Round design, I generally prefer the presentation because it reminds me of the impressions I had from the LCD-X i had heard and loved a while back. Much stronger bass and the highs are much more balanced to my ears. I go medium depth with the foamies and have them expand toward the outer edge of my ear canals.

I have a feeling those Symbio tips might be my new favorites when they arrive. Silicon and Foam each have a set of pros/cons which hopefully the Symbio can offer best of both worlds. Until then, I'm all about the foamies.

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #3,274 of 7,352
its incredible how these sound with well recorded music... I am trying large groozy tips and doing the shallow insert like you said.

Out of the phone with cipher cable is sounding really clear with good body to the sound. These are my cup of tea for sure

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #3,275 of 7,352
So far I have settled on using the medium tips of the Symbio W. Extremely shallow insertion depth. It's just to the point of almost only covering up the ear hole. Stays in place and much more comfortable than the included ribbed tips I already was pleased with.

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #3,276 of 7,352
I am having Isine 20 for 2 weeks now. Listening time is divided as I do prefer with Ipad (actually belong to my kids so only at night I could use it).

For me I can never get a good seal. I always use smallest of the tips as larger ones does not fit. Now the tube in isine20 is larger than XS size tips that I use so when I put these on it barely give a seal and almost falling out. I cannot get a proper seal. How much seal are these meant to get becuase Audeze should put a warning otherwise saying -> NOT suitable if you use Small or XS tips. In that sense my westone w80 fit like no other- perfect comfort than any other i had tried (AKG K3003, Shure Se846 and JH Roxanne). Any advise appreciated. I am actually planning to pass isine20 to my wife with a new iphone and she would anyway need small tips as well so not sure what to do.

Sound wise- I like the sound but I kind of feel like there is some unnatural touch to the vocals compared to IEMs (AKG K3003, Shure Se846 and JH Roxanne) and full size cans I have used (LCD2, K712, K812, HD800, HE400i, HE560, HE6, HE1K, ELears etc). I do not know what it is but something artificial about it. Not sure if it is DSP. I did not check much with the standard cable. Here this guy also give a bad review due to the same fact

Can someone give me equalization for isine20? I find them fatiguing with cipher

If you are not happy with the default EQ on cipher, there are many on this thread that have posted their settings. I have made my suggestion here if you find them fatiguing. Also Tyll has suggesting his EQ which I have pasted below and brings the Cipher EQ closer to Harman's preferred response.
image: https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Audeze_iSine20_Photo_iSineAppEQ.jpg

Audeze_iSine20_Photo_iSineAppEQ.jpg

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #3,278 of 7,352
Thank you! Unfortunatly as i turn up the volume a little bit they Pierce me like no others.. I think i will sell them
You really should try different tips as the supplied one are not for everyone. I liked the JVC spiral dots for all my IEMs and they help out tremendously with these. I think the isine20 are next best thing since sliced bread.

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #3,279 of 7,352
I don't know about the 20's but the 10's are in no way overly bright even with 8 and 16k bands boosted from flat. At least from my M5.

TWIN

Aug 9, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #3,280 of 7,352
You really should try different tips as the supplied one are not for everyone. I liked the JVC spiral dots for all my IEMs and they help out tremendously with these. I think the isine20 are next best thing since sliced bread.

Can you provide model number for JVC that work with 20s. I used XS or Small size of Spinfit with JH Roxanne or and Smallest provided with Westone W80 and Shure 846. With the 20s also I used the smallest included but still falls off. Too big I guess

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #3,281 of 7,352
Can you provide model number for JVC that work with 20s. I used XS or Small size of Spinfit with JH Roxanne or and Smallest provided with Westone W80 and Shure 846. With the 20s also I used the smallest included but still falls off. Too big I guess

A lot of Spiral Dot fans are also getting into the Symbio MandarinE with its memory foam interior and silicon exterior. Sounds like a recipe that's right up my alley. Mine shipped today and I'll post impressions when they arrive.

Aug 10, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #3,283 of 7,352
I updated to the iOS 11 public beta today and the Audeze app isn't playing nice with my iSine 20. I thought I bricked the Cipher cable, but then I did a reinstall and hard reboot and it seemed to work again...until suddenly it stopped again. The problem is that the app doesn't seem to recognise the cable/iSine and the EQ won't respond.

Aug 10, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #3,284 of 7,352
I updated to the iOS 11 public beta today and the Audeze app isn't playing nice with my iSine 20. I thought I bricked the Cipher cable, but then I did a reinstall and hard reboot and it seemed to work again...until suddenly it stopped again. The problem is that the app doesn't seem to recognise the cable/iSine and the EQ won't respond.

@Zarium - we are aware of this issue. The cable and the firmware are working. The app itself seems to have some incompatibility and we are working for a fix.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back