Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 23, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #3,106 of 7,348
Holy WoW! I only have the lowly Isine 10 and a Mimby/magni 2 U, but holy hell the stage is incredible. I am using the cipher EQ through EQ Apo for windows, but I am so blown away by the layering and headstage. Now I am really worried by what I am missing by not getting the 20's.

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #3,107 of 7,348
And just when I'm so freakin happy, The right driver just up and dies on me. Right in the middle of a song, right driver just craps out and no sound any more. I switched the cable input and that side played, so it's the driver. Farts!

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #3,108 of 7,348
That sucks. Message KMann or send a ticket to Audeze if you cannot swap out fast in retail.

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #3,109 of 7,348
These Tyll's measurements are weird:

upload_2017-7-23_19-3-31.png

upload_2017-7-23_19-3-46.png

In passive mode, 3kHz is 20 dB below the 1kHz level
In active mode, 3kHz is 7 dB above the 1kHz level

27dB difference? Usually EQ is a few dBs here or there, but 27dB???
Are his measurements wrong, or is this 27dB adjustment for real?

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #3,110 of 7,348
These Tyll's measurements are weird:

In passive mode, 3kHz is 20 dB below the 1kHz level
In active mode, 3kHz is 7 dB above the 1kHz level

27dB difference? Usually EQ is a few dBs here or there, but 27dB???
Are his measurements wrong, or is this 27dB adjustment for real?

I do not think there is any wrong with the measurements from Tyll, the reason you are seeing such a big difference is because it is very likely you are comparing the compensated curve (red/blue) from passive measurements to the raw measurements from Cipher cable. I do not know what compensation curve Tyll uses for IEMs as DF, ID and FF compensation are not applicable here. But using a compensated curve will almost double the difference.

It would be more appropriate for you to compare the raw (grey) passive measurements to the measurement with Cipher EQ. This would put it in the 10dB range.

(Edited for typos)

-Karthick

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #3,113 of 7,348
Currently you will not be able to buy the Cipher cable separately as we are limited in supply. We hope and anticipate this to change in the next couple of months, at which point we will make them available on the website.
I presume you'll announce this when they become available? I bought my isine20 without the cipher cable but I was considering buying a 128gb ipod touch.

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #3,115 of 7,348
ATM Oculus Rift is on sale for the next 6 weeks at $400 for the Rift, motion controls, and a bundle of free games. That's within my buy zone now. I would love to purchase the VR connectors for the iSINE to connect with the Rift. Any ETA when it will be available to purchase separately?

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #3,116 of 7,348
I haven't listened to any of my iem's since I got these - for fun I listened to my dunu dn-1000, ue 11 pro, and 1more triple drivers - all of these are a complete joke compared to the isine's - I used to think they were half descent lol - I will be selling / giving these away as there is no way I can ever listen to them again :)

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #3,118 of 7,348
After lot of A/B testing the prefer the following setup over the lighting cable for portable listening:
FIIO X7 with AM2A amp, silver dragon iem cable, isine20.
This set up is more engaging, esp on the mids and for long term listening. Using the iPod, cipher cable and isine20 gives a more punchy and crisp signature which can become a bit fatiguing.

I had recently got the isine20 with lightning cable. Just wanted to give special mention and thanks Karthick Mannivannan(kmann) for responding to my queries super quick, as I had an issue when i updated the cipher cable firmware. He also helped me send the cable back to the dealer. Before the update isine20 sounded, spectacular with the lighting cable. Its smooth, yet detailed sound with right bass, a rare combination, making it the best headphone/earphones i have heard. With the analog cable they are not as good, but surely better than many iems in this price range.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #3,119 of 7,348
ATM Oculus Rift is on sale for the next 6 weeks at $400 for the Rift, motion controls, and a bundle of free games. That's within my buy zone now. I would love to purchase the VR connectors for the iSINE to connect with the Rift. Any ETA when it will be available to purchase separately?
you can buy them now. Just email support@audeze.com and they should be able to help you.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 24, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,120 of 7,348
I just received my iSINE 20 to be used with my SP1000.

First positive impression : it needs much less power than the LCD-i4 ! My SP1000 can drive it easily while it was not good with the LCD-i4 . (volume level was OK, but not the sound).

Full listening impression & comparaison with my SHURE KSE1500 later

I hope I was right not to order directly the LCD-i4.... :ksc75smile: . (I considered that I got the SHURE for precision/careful listening, and the i-Shine 20 for casual listening and... jogging)

PS : does someone recommend an after market cable that REALLY improve the sound ? The original cable really looks like...toy !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back