Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 4, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #2,911 of 7,352
Well I sold my HE400s and got myself the iSine10's but as much as I'm trying to love them there are some songs that the vocals sounds so weird and somehow "incomplete". I might try to tweak the EQ as you guys suggested but I'll probably end up selling to get a HE400i.

At first I was very impressed with the bass punch and the vocal seemed like they were really inside my head with a lot of clarity but sometimes the voice sounded thin, not sure if any of you guys had the same experience.

I let it playing overnight to burn in a little and that seemed to help a tad much but still I agree with the DMS3TV review, seems like there is a dip on the freq around 3k or up that really messes up some songs.
If you feel like the 3-4k area is dipped, then I guess you haven't tried the cipher eq? I strongly recommend you try it, might fix your issues (did that for me and many others). Selling without trying eq is a big mistake imo.

Jul 4, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #2,912 of 7,352
What source are you using them with? I've got the 20s rather than the 10s, but the sound signature is supposedly pretty similar, and I've never heard anything like that.
I've used the Aune X1s and Audiolab M-dac.

Some people earlier in the thread complained about the sibilance too. I think they said -4 db in the 4khz range worked for them.
thank you, I have tried... but not luck unfortunately

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #2,914 of 7,352
I might be alone with this view, but bought the Isine 10 a week ago, and just can't get over the "tissss" sound which is just killing my ears. I have tried some of the eq-propositions in here, but nothing works.

I also experienced this annoying sibilance out of the box, from my DP-X1 and V20. But after a good few hours of burn in, they seem tp have gone away. Now just enjoying them all day straight from my V20 without any eq. :)

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #2,915 of 7,352
I've got the 10's and I haven't noticed siblance running them flat or with EQ. A good source and high quality files are essential for optimum performance. You don't buy a Ferrari and run it on regular gas.

TWIN

Jul 5, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #2,916 of 7,352
I wear a beanie over mine all the time. Doing it right now actually. It does not effect the sound and it completely covers the driver. I suppose it all depends on how dense and thick your beanie is though. obviously there is going to be some point where air flow can become an issue.

Hey, thanks a lot for the reply, much appreciated.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,917 of 7,352
If you feel like the 3-4k area is dipped, then I guess you haven't tried the cipher eq? I strongly recommend you try it, might fix your issues (did that for me and many others). Selling without trying eq is a big mistake imo.

I don't own any Apple products so I got myself the iSine 10 without the Cipher cable and since I live in Brazil and got them on Amazon when my mom was in US on a trip it's very hard for me to get the Cipher.

Another thing that frustrated me is that I didn't get the groove kit.

And also about the EQ, i don't think we should HAVE to use EQ to make them sound good, I would have to get a good EQ for windows and a good one for android.

What you suggest?

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #2,918 of 7,352
I don't own any Apple products so I got myself the iSine 10 without the Cipher cable and since I live in Brazil and got them on Amazon when my mom was in US on a trip it's very hard for me to get the Cipher.

Another thing that frustrated me is that I didn't get the groove kit.

And also about the EQ, i don't think we should HAVE to use EQ to make them sound good, I would have to get a good EQ for windows and a good one for android.

What you suggest?
Not everyone thinks the cipher sound is better, but from what you describe I think you will. I agree it's not optimal to have to use eq to unlock their potential, but their performance might just make it worth it. But you will have to see for yourself.
On windows, equalizerAPO is a great, free, system-wide parametric eq. Music players like Roon and Jriver also have parametric eq's, but they aren't system-wide so you can't use them with streaming services (except for Tidal which can be used with Roon). Roon and Jriver are not free, but they both have free trial periods.
I'm not familiar with android.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,919 of 7,352
isine20.jpg
This is the original cipher eq, Kmann posted it back on page 80andsomething.
Hi, first let me say that I'm dang gobsmacked that I never thought to look for an iSine thread for my my 20's. I was so enthused over them that my mind was set on getting the i4's that my interest lay in just getting those puppies! With respect to the iSines I do not have the plug-ins as I would assume that they would be different from those of the i4s. If anyone that is reading that wants to know how to utilize the plugins for Roon I have three that KMann from Audeze gave me and they are absolutely fabulous. One of them provides what he calls an "out of your head" sound. And it truly does! I will try to get in touch with Karthick today and ask him about plug-ins for the iSine 10 and 20s. Note: these are not replacement for the cipher cable but rather being hooked up to your AMP/DAC and listening through Roon. If you have any questions about Roon just Google it. The program is fabulous and much more powerful than it looks to be to the eye.

All the best and I look forward to posting about the great iSine 20's. Heck some of you are going to love what I consider to be end-game in ear headphones, the i4's.

Pope of Kanuckistan

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,920 of 7,352
Mr Pope

I can confirm that the room emulation plug-ins are the same for the 20s.

You might have to add a little bit of eq though in a filter after the room emulation filters.

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #2,922 of 7,352
Hello hidaven,

Yes the i4 cable can be used on the i20's without a problem. In fact the cipher cable will work on the i4's but not very well as the DAC/AMP does not carry enough power. The cable for the i4 is actually quite light for a silver/copper mixture and does not tangle very easily. It looks nice and it is not, IMO, a cable that needs to be replaced by some upscale version. The fit is nice and tight which is what I like about the Audeze iSine lineup.

Pope Cabelot

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,924 of 7,352
I could hear no audible difference. Where the sound is makes the most difference is: from the source, ie quality FLAC or other lossless formats, amplification - a good clean amp or if possible using the cipher cable that was designed for use with the iSine20's sounds as good as my $1500 Moon 230 HAD amp, and finally equalization. Once again, the cipher cable has an app for iphone/ipad/ipod users that can be tweaked as you like. The cable, unlike other headphones should not have any affect on the headphones switching back and forth.

Regards,
Pope onda Rope

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2,925 of 7,352
I've got the 10's and I haven't noticed siblance running them flat or with EQ. A good source and high quality files are essential for optimum performance. You don't buy a Ferrari and run it on regular gas.

TWIN

IIRC you also have the AKG N40, I know it's apples and oranges but what's your take on the iSine vs. the AKG N40?
TIA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back