Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jun 20, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #2,748 of 7,353
I think more people in this group who "do not" use the Cipher cable should speak up. I mean, if you "have" to use a $50 cable and "software" tricks to make the product sound good... the cable should be permanently attached then. I'm of the non-iOS and never will be iOS crowd (tried it, didn't like it...never went back). So to have something locked to that "experience" and "best enjoyed" in that fashion... I'll have to overlook and get something else. Either that or Audeze needs to get off their collective "butts" and make that silly $50 cable and trickery available for the non-iOS group of people as well. IJS... I'm not mad or anything, just bewildered. You can't tell me that $50 cable is beating out the Mojo toting, amp bearing, DAP wielding group with over $1000 of stuff when connecting these. Just not fair.

I agree with a lot of what you said. In some ways it is disappointing to know that in order to get the best from them you do need to apply the EQ settings rather than using it to adjust for personal preference. Glad to see that it did not carry over to the i4, which would be much more unforgivable given the price increase. I hope that carries over to the next version of these. I also don't really see the difficulty in creating a USB-C version of the cypher cable given there are tons of similar DACs using USB-OTG connections with Android Phones.

That being said i did like mine enough to purchase them even listening to them straight off my android phone, so while it annoys me it wasn't a deal breaker. The big reason for that is the open back nature isn't great for a lot of purposes but for almost ideal for situations like using them in a quiet office, which i do. In that circumstance i have Roon to apply all the eq i need to my mojo to get the benefits of both.

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #2,750 of 7,353
I cant understand how these earphones don't fit everybody - even small ears as they are not supposed to go in your ears like normal iem

They fit in my ears fine but fall out as soon as I move. Even with comply tips. The plastic ear hooks don't fit me at all well, rubbing against my ear eventually causing discomfort and pain. Audeze can't seem to get it together to get the groovy kit with revised ear hooks to England so While I happily use my iSine20s on my sofa but for anything requiring movement it's back to my 846s.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #2,751 of 7,353
They fit in my ears fine but fall out as soon as I move. Even with comply tips. The plastic ear hooks don't fit me at all well, rubbing against my ear eventually causing discomfort and pain. Audeze can't seem to get it together to get the groovy kit with revised ear hooks to England so While I happily use my iSine20s on my sofa but for anything requiring movement it's back to my 846s.

That's odd, my dealer lent me a full set with groovy tips and large hooks and when I ordered a brand new pair, they had them too

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #2,752 of 7,353
Hi,

Please PM with your address and i'll ship out some groovy tips along with a set of the new larger ear hooks.

Regards

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #2,753 of 7,353
That's odd, my dealer lent me a full set with groovy tips and large hooks and when I ordered a brand new pair, they had them too

Are you in the U.K.? I had an email convo with someone at the UK distributor Exertis and he told me he knew nothing about them.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #2,754 of 7,353
I've been following the thread as I was intending to pick up a pair, but not as close as I should've. I hadn't seen mention by Audeze why they couldn't do the Android cable. It probably is also an issue of the way the OS is designed where Android apps are meant to be separated from each other that also hinders a universal EQ. Hmmm, I'll shuddup now and keep watching from the sidelines till things "pan" out for the non-iOS users.
Do not believe it is this way. I am trying at the moment RE-EQ and it works with all players on my Sony NW-ZX2.

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #2,755 of 7,353
Do not believe it is this way. I am trying at the moment RE-EQ and it works with all players on my Sony NW-ZX2.

That is VERY encouraging!

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #2,756 of 7,353
Are you in the U.K.? I had an email convo with someone at the UK distributor Exertis and he told me he knew nothing about them.
Exertis are the distributors for my dealer as well. Didn't seem to be an issue. Yes, I'm in the UK, Southeast England
Can you not go through your dealer instead? Seems silly I know

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,757 of 7,353
Exertis are the distributors for my dealer as well. Didn't seem to be an issue. Yes, I'm in the UK, Southeast England
Can you not go through your dealer instead? Seems silly I know

The only reason I originally went direct to Exertis is that Audeze USA sent me a name of someone to contact at Exertis who they said would sort things. Unfortunately he didn't know anything about the kit. The thought of getting in the Tube for a half hour ride in the heat storm we're experiencing to visit my dealer was more than I could bear so I had put it off (I also wanted to audition some stuff).

As luck would have it, just after I replied to you above someone from Exertis contacted me and is sending me out the kit!

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #2,758 of 7,353
I love these ear speakers but always wan to up the ante. I am trying to roll cables but having problems finding a 2 pin that will fit into the recessed area. I am looking for a 2.5mm trss balanced cable? What have you'll tried and liked?

Jun 20, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #2,759 of 7,353
It's been up to 29C here today, and the iSine 20 have really come into their own for desktop use.

I've received some new full-sized headphones today and was trying to compare them to my other headphones, but in this heat it's not comfortable at all. Enter the iSines, Not hot to wear at all, and great sound from my desktop amp, especially after a ton of help from KMann in sorting out my Parametric EQ in Roon, plus some other filter magic. He has amazing knowledge and is such a nice, helpful guy. Many thanks.

I've also been using them with my Sony NW-WM1A DAP and the Sony MUC-M2BT1 wireless Bluetooth receiver over LDAC using a MMCX to 2-pin adapter that Affinity Cables custom made for me. The Bluetooth receiver drives them fine, very nice to listen to on the go. Especially liking being able to hear ambient sound around me too (it's not a noisy environment).

Jun 20, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #2,760 of 7,353
I love these ear speakers but always wan to up the ante. I am trying to roll cables but having problems finding a 2 pin that will fit into the recessed area. I am looking for a 2.5mm trss balanced cable? What have you'll tried and liked?
It's a standard 0.78mm 2-pin connector. The important thing is to make sure it's got a groove in it.

The Plussound EXO T-Metal sounds great with them. For bang for the buck the Onso cable is hard to beat. I think the model you'd need is the iect_03_bl2c. (http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/484972).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back