Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 16, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #2,314 of 7,353
Got the iSine back from RMA today. Good lord I forgot how good they sound.

While the new tips are better, I'm still getting the best sound with the Comply 600 Comforts. They seem to just seal my canal so much better. The bass tightens up and I can do a full insertion with perfect seal. I actually find the isolation models to be a bit more comfortable but the long tips don't quite jive with my ear shape. Seems that they often press against something and might be closing off part of the treble. The comfort really fix that problem for me.

Anyway, super happy camper here. If you feel they're light in the bass, it's probably a seal issue and I'd recommend trying the comply out.

Cheers

May 17, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #2,316 of 7,353
You could always sell the 10s and lose very little if it's a great price?

May 18, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #2,318 of 7,353
Looks like the i4's are up on their web site. Interesting it notes that these should be used with an amplifier and appears that they do not come with the cypher cable. This made up my mind to go with the 20s which are truly portable and you don't need an amp to drive them. Would love to hear a report on how the i4's sound though.

May 18, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #2,319 of 7,353
Yes that is the Pelican 1020. It's an awesome case. To me it serves a dual purpose: 1) I don't have to worry about removing the cable each time I want to store them. 2) I don't have to worry about them getting smashed when they are placed in a bag with heavy stuff.

The groovy eartips work great. Once I get my ears into position with the earhooks and get the headphones seated in ear I don't feel them move or slip out of my ears at all. Since mine came with the groovy eartips I haven't bothered fooling around with the regular silicone tips to be honest.

As a side note, I tried these with the regular cable and didn't like them that much. The Cipher cable makes a world of difference with the earphones and by a wide margin.

Thanks for the insightful reply. Yes I'm curious about the Pelicans as tough mobile boxes. Preferably one large enough to comfortably contain an eight braid cable without having to unplug them.

I'm feeding my i20s with the PHA-3 at the office. So I listen desk bound and don't move around with them. The smooth tips work fine for me currently but I will try the new Groovies.

The Cipher cable indeed does wonders but I'm planning to use the balanced outputs of the PHA-3 with a custom silver cable. That should transform the sound and open up the top end further. My hunch anyway.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #2,320 of 7,353
Looks like the i4's are up on their web site. Interesting it notes that these should be used with an amplifier and appears that they do not come with the cypher cable. This made up my mind to go with the 20s which are truly portable and you don't need an amp to drive them. Would love to hear a report on how the i4's sound though.

I'm curious too. I'd like to hear just how wide the gulf is between the i20 and i4 while fed balanced

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #2,321 of 7,353
I don't think it'd be silly. You just described my primary use case for the iSINE 20. I use them with the Cipher cable all the time.

Hey there Axel,
I am a bit lost, since I can't search the topic...

I would like to know how the ISINE 20 differs when driven with Cypher cable against driven from Mojo .

Sorry if that has been asked several times before, but I couldn't find anything...

Cheers

May 18, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,322 of 7,353
Thanks. Any particular suggestions from the above stores?

Cables with silver content appear to be popular. But you should factor in the tonal signature of the amp you're feeding it with.

Personally I'm leaning toward cables with silver or gold content. Partly because my amp is warm in signature. So having silver cables would open up the top end.

May 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #2,323 of 7,353
May 18, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #2,324 of 7,353
Thanks for the insightful reply. Yes I'm curious about the Pelicans as tough mobile boxes. Preferably one large enough to comfortably contain an eight braid cable without having to unplug them.

I'm feeding my i20s with the PHA-3 at the office. So I listen desk bound and don't move around with them. The smooth tips work fine for me currently but I will try the new Groovies.

The Cipher cable indeed does wonders but I'm planning to use the balanced outputs of the PHA-3 with a custom silver cable. That should transform the sound and open up the top end further. My hunch anyway.

I guess depending on the length on the 8-braided cable you are getting the 1020 could possibly work. Here's a snippet of the dimensions of the Pelican micro series case dimensions:

upload_2017-5-18_8-29-52.png

I'd be curious to hear how they sound with your silver cable compared to sound with the Cipher cable.

May 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #2,325 of 7,353
Cheap custom cable recommendations for isines?
What I want from a custom cable: Longer than stock cable, nicer looking.
I am not able to hear differences between cables, so the cheapest available cable is probably enough for me.

Also, do any of the two-pin connectors fit the isines straight out of the box? Or do you have to mod them/cut a notch in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back