Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #2,177 of 7,352
Never tried the 10...
Cannot say anything about them!

my brief audition of around 2 hours of the 10 and 20 before buying the 10.  20 has no stock at the time.

yes, 20 is so called more exciting to listen to.

but i reckon 10 is more neutral sounding that is more like a real life concert.

difficult to get the 10 stay in ears, even with foam plugs.  the surefire hook could get the outer ear bit painful after some prolonged use.

hope the groovy silicone tips could improve such situation.

the truly comfortable headphones i can wear for long time is the akg k712.  of course, it's a different ball game.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2,178 of 7,352
My isine 20 came in last week. I've been looking for something to replace my desktop setup because I just don't have the opportunity to sit stationary and enjoy music anymore. I think I found what I was looking for. Sound is excellent! Comfort is excellent as well. I have small earholes and usually use small tips but with these i use the medium tips with the surefire earlocks. With this setup the fit is very comfortable and secure.
Getting used to the fit took some time. I started with the small tips (which fit great) and the black earhooks. For me, the earhooks seemed to work against me. Like they were pulling the iems away from my ear. Next i tried the small tips with the large Earlocks. It was extremely comfortable but I wasn't confident they would stay in place and found myself feeling like i had to constantly readjust them. Next i went with the medium tips and the large earlocks. Bam! Fit was more secure but still very comfortable. Bass filled in more and everything sounds fuller with more weight.
If I could offer any advice, I would say try every combination of hooks,earlocks and tips. You'll probably find the perfect setup for you. Also, be patient with the earlocks. For me there was a learning curve when it came to proper placement along with proper alignment of the iems. I like to make sure the "A" logo on the iens is straight, that's how I know they are in the correct position. After you get it, it becomes second nature.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #2,179 of 7,352
  my brief audition of around 2 hours of the 10 and 20 before buying the 10.  20 has no stock at the time.

yes, 20 is so called more exciting to listen to.

but i reckon 10 is more neutral sounding that is more like a real life concert.

difficult to get the 10 stay in ears, even with foam plugs.  the surefire hook could get the outer ear bit painful after some prolonged use.

hope the groovy silicone tips could improve such situation.

the truly comfortable headphones i can wear for long time is the akg k712.  of course, it's a different ball game.

Thank you for the comparison!
If I can I will try the 10. But it's complicated where I live :)

For me I have no issue with the hook. And I prefer this solution because the silicone tips does not keep them really stable when I walk.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #2,180 of 7,352
For isolating sound, I'm damn happy with my 1more Quad Drivers. For $200 they get the noise isolated IEM thing for me in an affordable way that's still just phenomenal sounding.

If that's out of budget, look into the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for $40.

I'm using Comply 600 with both!

Can you compare the Quad Drivers to the P1s?

Given that they're the same price, I wonder how different they are.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,183 of 7,352
I'm thinking about selling my cipher cable from the 20's. Because I don't use it ever. How much does Audeze sell these for and how much would used one go for ?

It is my understanding that Audeze does not sell them separately at all.

Which is dumb, honestly. I want to buy the iSine VR, but I also want the Cipher cable, and their online store won't allow me to give them my money.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,184 of 7,352
I'm thinking about selling my cipher cable from the 20's. Because I don't use it ever. How much does Audeze sell these for and how much would used one go for ?

Audeze are not selling then separately (yet, at least), but I know several people on this forum are/were interested in buying one, so I think there's a market for it. Price difference with and without cipher is 50$, so maybe you can work something out from there.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2,185 of 7,352
Has someone yet been able to see / hear a prototype version of the LCD-i4 or the UM ME-1 . ?  I wonder how they compare to the iSine 10/20 ?

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #2,186 of 7,352

It is my understanding that Audeze does not sell them separately at all.

Which is dumb, honestly. I want to buy the iSine VR, but I also want the Cipher cable, and their online store won't allow me to give them my money.

Audeze are not selling then separately (yet, at least), but I know several people on this forum are/were interested in buying one, so I think there's a market for it. Price difference with and without cipher is 50$, so maybe you can work something out from there.

Thanks, I thought they were actually worth closer to $100 like the other Sine.  Just realized price difference isn't the same as the sine.  Not sure I would want to sell for less than $50.

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #2,187 of 7,352
Thanks, I thought they were actually worth closer to $100 like the other Sine.  Just realized price difference isn't the same as the sine.  Not sure I would want to sell for less than $50.

If you look at the price for the sine headphone in the Audeze website it is a $50 difference to get it with the chipher cable. I don't no where you saw it being $100 dollar difference for the sine.

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #2,190 of 7,352
  Has someone yet been able to see / hear a prototype version of the LCD-i4 or the UM ME-1 . ?  I wonder how they compare to the iSine 10/20 ?

I wonder if they have a 30 day return policy with these bad boys also, if so I'd jump on board!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back