Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 21, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #2,161 of 7,352
Hey guys,

Even though Audeze suggests not using different tips, I purchased the Comply Comfort 600 and they work wonders.

I've even been using the 10s without the ear hooks or fins.

Also, LG V20 + Fiio Q1 make these puppies so much worth it.

Yeah I'm using the 600 isolation tips and I'm finally truly happy with the fit/seal. I might be out of the norm but I was switching between the different tips constantly trying to find the perfect depth/size and then applying EQ. My journey is somewhat documented here.

Well, the Comply 600 Isolation are absolutely perfect for me. TBH, I was close to sending these back even after posting that I was happy with the EQ + large on canal seal.

Well, the large on-canal seal was really inconsistent in terms of frequency response as it didn't like to stay in place. The Comply just completely solve this for me. I've got a perfect seal that's very comfortable. EQ is fun but now I'm truly happy with the flat audeze EQ settings. The bass is full. The mids are rich. The treble sparkles and extends without pain. AND they're holographic in terms of sound stage/imaging.

Maybe I'm an odd duck but if you try these and are frustrated with the stock tip fit, give them Comply tips a real shot.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #2,162 of 7,352
This is my "fun" setting. Try bringing the bass down 1-2 clicks in the 125&64 bands for various styles where these settings are too bass heavy. This curve is especially great for dance music as is. Rap minus 1db at 64. Pop minus 1db st both 64&125.

But yeah, if you're into edm, try this as is.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #2,164 of 7,352
Hi everyone!

Do you have any other IEM?
I trully love the iSine 20 but due to the "semi-open" back sometime I would like to have something a bit more closed.
I really don't know if there is closed IEMs out there with the same signature or very close.
Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #2,165 of 7,352
Hi everyone!

I trully love the iSine 20 but due to the "semi-open" back sometime I would like to have something a bit more closed.
I really don't know if there is closed IEMs out there with the same signature or very close.

Thanks!

How much do you want to spend? :p
I don't have much experience with iem's, but I know the shure se series sound great, isolate really well and have great fit and comfort.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #2,166 of 7,352
How much do you want to spend?
tongue.gif

I don't have much experience with iem's, but I know the shure se series sound great, isolate really well and have great fit and comfort.

I had the SE425 before but they are not detailed enough...
I found them too mushy.

I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the Campfire IEM and I'm wondering if they have some approaching the same sound quality as the 20 :)
I don't have really a budget. I'm just starting to search.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,167 of 7,352
Hi everyone!

Thanks!

Pretty fond of my rha t20. Can be found on eBay pretty cheap.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #2,168 of 7,352
I have very little experience in iems. I owned Shure Se535 SE red and Grado GR 10, booth for a couple of years. While I kind of liked booth of them, I always felt unsatisfied. The sound was not as rich as my main headphones. But I think the iSine 20 crush the border between iem:s and headphones. They do not sound like good iem:s (the ones I mentioned) they sound like good headphones. If I would choose one single headphone right now, I would choose the iSine 20. They are the bridge between portability and musicality.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #2,169 of 7,352
  I have very little experience in iems. I owned Shure Se535 SE red and Grado GR 10, booth for a couple of years. While I kind of liked booth of them, I always felt unsatisfied. The sound was not as rich as my main headphones. But I think the iSine 20 crush the border between iem:s and headphones. They do not sound like good iem:s (the ones I mentioned) they sound like good headphones. If I would choose one single headphone right now, I would choose the iSine 20. They are the bridge between portability and musicality.

It's the same for me :)
I'm always going back to the iSine 20...
I think I'm hooked!

But for noisy environment sometime it's too open.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #2,170 of 7,352
  It's the same for me :)
I'm always going back to the iSine 20...
I think I'm hooked!

But for noisy environment sometime it's too open.

Luckily, I Ilive in a moderatly populated area with more sounds from nature than people and technology. On travels, I used to have Bose qc35, but  switched to B&W 7 wireless, because I thoght the Bose sounded strange. I like the B&W 7 wirelsess, but they are not in the same contest as the iSine 20. The iSine competes with open headphones as Sennheiser HD800S and Focal Elear. While I do not think the iSines reach up the the same class att those two HPs, I think Its amazing they are even in the competition.

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #2,171 of 7,352
  Luckily, I Ilive in a moderatly populated area with more sounds from nature than people and technology. On travels, I used to have Bose qc35, but  switched to B&W 7 wireless, because I thoght the Bose sounded strange. I like the B&W 7 wirelsess, but they are not in the same contest as the iSine 20. The iSine competes with open headphones as Sennheiser HD800S and Focal Elear. While I do not think the iSines reach up the the same class att those two HPs, I think Its amazing they are even in the competition.

I'm not leaving in a really noisy area but the public transports... It's noisy everywhere!
I have an Oppo PM-3 in case I need some quietness :)
I do not have or listen some really good open back headphones so I cannot make comparisons.

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #2,173 of 7,352
For isolating sound, I'm damn happy with my 1more Quad Drivers. For $200 they get the noise isolated IEM thing for me in an affordable way that's still just phenomenal sounding.

If that's out of budget, look into the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for $40.

I'm using Comply 600 with both!

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #2,174 of 7,352
For isolating sound, I'm damn happy with my 1more Quad Drivers. For $200 they get the noise isolated IEM thing for me in an affordable way that's still just phenomenal sounding.

If that's out of budget, look into the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for $40.

I'm using Comply 600 with both!

I try the Triple Drivers but I'm not convinced.
Maybe the Quad are better :)

I'm wondering if someone here already try the Campfire Jupiter and compare them to the iSine 20.
As specified on their website they have an Extended soundstage and excellent bass response. It's a bit pricey but if it's worth it...

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #2,175 of 7,352
  I try the Triple Drivers but I'm not convinced.
Maybe the Quad are better :)

I'm wondering if someone here already try the Campfire Jupiter and compare them to the iSine 20.
As specified on their website they have an Extended soundstage and excellent bass response. It's a bit pricey but if it's worth it...

how comes everyone compare it to the 20 only?  how about the 10???  is 10 that bad?

my klipsch x10 and shure 315 sounds like broken compared with the 10.

however, the 10 sounds like crap when compared with the sine.

10 is very good for voice vocal, but missing details for instruments when compared with sine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back