Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 19, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #2,131 of 7,352
Any tips for getting a bass boost out of the 10s using Tidal HiFi and Google Pixel?  I have a dragonfly black on order, maybe that will help a bit?  Only alternative is to use Google Music with EQ but the EQ is terrible.  Thanks.

Well the Black shouldn't give you EQ far beyond what you've got now. Just a better presentation along the same lines.

IIRC FiiO has bass bost available and is popular with bassheads.

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #2,132 of 7,352
The iSine 20 is. A great open backed IEM, that sounds superb out of the Questyle QP1R. I also hooked up the 20's to my main system and I am in audiophile heaven. The 20's sound phenomenal out of my Tascam CD to the Yggdrasil to the Liquid Gold. I feel like I am using one of my full size over the ear headphones.. The bass is rock solid, that satisfies the bass monkey living on my back. Also the mids are smooth and natural sounding. Likewise the sound signature is very detailed and resolute. And the soundstage is very holographic and surprisingly large for a IEM. . And the highs are spot on, with no annoying symbolance or undo brightness. I am quite happy with the ISine 20 and will use it mostly in my mobile system. I will most definitely use them when its too hot for my over the ear headphones like the Meze 99 Classics or the Oppo PM 3's. I will post pictures later.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #2,137 of 7,352
Well the Black shouldn't give you EQ far beyond what you've got now. Just a better presentation along the same lines.

IIRC FiiO has bass bost available and is popular with bassheads.

Thanks.  I decided to just go with the USB Audio Pro player which gives me EQ but I'm going to check out the FiiOs as well.  This is my first foray into DAC/AMP so I'm probably easy to please but the Dragonfly is impressive (at least to me).

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #2,138 of 7,352

how about cable for this one??

http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436717.html

nope.

Look for 2pin 0.78mm connectors that have a tiny notch like seen here: http://www.lunashops.com/images/upload/Image/15-0_78mm-pin-5.jpg

Eidolic barrels have them for example

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #2,139 of 7,352
First lunch walk today with my shining new iSine 20. I listened to the new Tomasz Stanko album "December Avenue", iPhone 7, Cipher cable. The sound was amazing, the sound stage, the imaging, the presence. Perfect iem:s for ECM music. I used them with the hooks and found the very comfortable.

It feels a litte bit odd with the open iem design. My walk was in a small city, i.e. occasional sound of people chatting, cars driving by, the wind, the cipher cable banging against my jacket :) This weekend I'm taking them for a walk in the woods together with singing birds.

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #2,140 of 7,352
Some iSine comfort tips 'n tricks :p

If the wheight of the cipher dac-piece bothers you  (like it bothered me), i found that wearing the cable like this removed the problem entirely. Works without the shirt clip aswell. 

The ear hooks squeezed my ears a little too hard, making them uncomfortable during long sessions. Bending the hooks by hand removed this problem. The hooks now sit more loosely, but they still stay perfectly in place, I can even work out with them.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #2,141 of 7,352
Just got a pair of iSine 10's and I have to say I'm impressed on a short listen. The big thing will be comfort for a long listening session, so I'll just have to see. Planning to use them at work with my LG V20, but right now I'm running them on a Vali 2

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #2,142 of 7,352
@raypin sorry to put you on the spot man, but I was wondering if you could give an update on your impressions after owning the iSine 10 for 2 months now. How do they fare against your other TOTL iems? In a quiet setting of course 
redface.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #2,143 of 7,352
Well in an update to the Stax 002 vs iSine 20 battle, the iSine won. The stax are going back. I do really love the stax, but in the end I found the overall sound sig of both sets a bit too similar. The Stax had the better speed, but the impact of the iSine kept me going back. While the stax sounded effortless in its presentation, the iSine really cracked out percussion and such in a way that was just more fun in the end. Another huge factor was convenience. The iSine is just waaaaaaay more realistic for portable listening than the 4 hour battery life of the Stax. If I were to niggle, the iSine is maybe too warm, but really that's a niggle. It's not THAT much warmer than the already chunky stax

In the end I really feel on SQ they were equals. Tit for tat on most things. The fact that the Stax does that for $350 is really astonishing, although its original MSRP is something like 700 or so. Anyone interested in the stax, keep an eye out on amazon. They should be returned by monday or so, and I'm adding in the usb power cable I bought for the stax system.

In other news, I have a SPL Phonitor amp on the way. It has the most sophisticated analog crossfeed circuit available to emulate loudspeakers. Look out for impressions of the amp with the i20 Saturday or Monday!

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #2,144 of 7,352
Well that was fast. Placed an order directly with Audeze on 14-Apr and five days later it now says shipping!
bigsmile_face.gif

Anyone overseas who can't get their iSINE locally (or is not in stock) might want to try the direct order from Audeze themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back