Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #2,102 of 7,352
A lot of what you're speaking about is how my first week went. I had ear fatigue. It was obviously a very good sound but didn't seem right for me. The treble was just so overly impactful.

I kept trying all kinds of different fit/depth combinations until I found just the right tip/depth. I guess I'd recommend keep experimenting!

My favorite fit might sound odd but I use the Earloops & Large Tips. I put the tips against the outer edge of my ear canal and then tightens the Earloop just enough so that the tip has a little hold/seal against the top of my ear canal. I don't know if that'll work for everybody but wow does it nail an incredible experience for me.

Wow thanks for the advice.

I feel stupid, but what are the ear loops? I'm using the big clear hooks. Is the loops the smaller black ones?

Now you have me wanting to try more before giving up. I truly love the sound on these.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #2,103 of 7,352
So trying out the larger tips, and barely putting them in at the edge of my canal, made the fatigue go away. I had the smaller ones on and put them deeper into my canal. Most of my previous iems required the tips to go a little deeper to get a proper seal, or else the music would be vastly different.

But the Audeze the way they sit, actually don't neeed to be in the canal. The loops make them pretty snug to the ears and the sound is incredible with the tip being on the edge.

I'm so happy I didn't give up on these. Also while these don't have bass that slam as hard as my Sony, they have an amazing bottom end slam and the bass detail is much better. Plus all the other positives like the wide soundstage and the airy qualify, this is def my fav iem. :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #2,104 of 7,352
So trying out the larger tips, and barely putting them in at the edge of my canal, made the fatigue go away. I had the smaller ones on and put them deeper into my canal. Most of my previous iems required the tips to go a little deeper to get a proper seal, or else the music would be vastly different.

But the Audeze the way they sit, actually don't neeed to be in the canal. The loops make them pretty snug to the ears and the sound is incredible with the tip being on the edge.

I'm so happy I didn't give up on these. Also while these don't have bass that slam as hard as my Sony, they have an amazing bottom end slam and the bass detail is much better. Plus all the other positives like the wide soundstage and the airy qualify, this is def my fav iem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad to hear that it is working for you. I would hate to get a taste of it and then have to give it up :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,106 of 7,352
Can anyone recommend a good portable dac amp for use with a cell phone to pair up with these? Preferably small size and sub 200. Thanks!

It depends on your phone (iPhone or Android). I tried DragonFly black and it is great on my android. make sure you get the latest 1.5 version which has low power draw compared to previous versions (1 and 1.2). Black version is all what you need and it is around $100.
Instead of carrying a smart phone and DAC/AMP, I opted to buy the Onkyo Granbeat which is the first Smart phone with proper DAC/AMP (actually two DACs and Two Amps) with balanced and unbalanced output. I just got it today and my iSine 10 is sounding great with it. It is only sold in Japan put they will ship anywhere in the world. Price is around $750 but really a saving if you need to upgrade your phone and consider the cost of adding a decent DAC/AMP to it, plus the the 2 in 1 convenience. something to consider.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #2,107 of 7,352
It depends on your phone (iPhone or Android). I tried DragonFly black and it is great on my android. make sure you get the latest 1.5 version which has low power draw compared to previous versions (1 and 1.2). Black version is all what you need and it is around $100.
Instead of carrying a smart phone and DAC/AMP, I opted to buy the Onkyo Granbeat which is the first Smart phone with proper DAC/AMP (actually two DACs and Two Amps) with balanced and unbalanced output. I just got it today and my iSine 10 is sounding great with it. It is only sold in Japan put they will ship anywhere in the world. Price is around $750 but really a saving if you need to upgrade your phone and consider the cost of adding a decent DAC/AMP to it, plus the the 2 in 1 convenience. something to consider.

Thanks. I had been eyeing the dragonfly. Wasn't sure about red v black but I'm glad to hear black will do the job.

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2,110 of 7,352
Update on my fit journey:

I realized that the medium tips were giving me the best balanced seal when the tips rest against the edge of my ear canal. The small was too bright and while the large was great, it was a bit too distant with it's seal.

So I started thinking that maybe EQ could work to give me the sound I wanted with the proper seal and eureka! I used the earlier EQ posted as a starting point and am absolutely loving the EQ tweaks with this proper seal. Wow. Absolutely keeping.

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #2,111 of 7,352
  How is the bass on the i10?
Good for trance?

i have the i20.  you can eq them with the cypher cable to have a ton of bass.  it's clean bass though.  

i think these things have a sound signature closer to the sine over ear headphones than the LCD series.  they're more balanced and not as dark and creamy sounding. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2,112 of 7,352
Anyone else having issues with noise from the cipher cable? Its not always there, but sometimes there is a small, high-pitch noise when im using the cipher cable (only noticeable when music is not playing). It's not present on the analog cable so it has to come from the cipher dac. Am I the only one experiencing this? Should I ask Audeze for a replacement cable? 
Some black paint has actually come off the lightning connector on the cable aswell, but it doesn't really bother me.

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #2,113 of 7,352
Anyone else having issues with noise from the cipher cable? Its not always there, but sometimes there is a small, high-pitch noise when im using the cipher cable (only noticeable when music is not playing). It's not present on the analog cable so it has to come from the cipher dac. Am I the only one experiencing this? Should I ask Audeze for a replacement cable? 
Some black paint has actually come off the lightning connector on the cable aswell, but it doesn't really bother me.

Yes. In my case it's mainly just on the right side, and I also only notice it sometimes, after a song ends.

I don't know if it's relevant, but I also find occasionally after I change EQ settings on the cipher cable, it'll...lock up, seemingly, and just emit a single high-pitched tone. Doesn't happen a lot, and is fixed by unplugging the cable and restarting the Audeze EQ app. (This has happened both before and after applying the firmware update for volume).

I just chalked it up to what you get when you buy first-generation hardware. : )

(And yeah, also have paint scraped off the connector, but whatever, it's just cosmetic.)

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #2,114 of 7,352

could it be either interferance from wifi, bluetooth, or your cellular turned on?  I've had amps that picked up signal noise from my phone before.  Try turning them all off while it's making that sound and see if that helps.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #2,115 of 7,352

i have the i20.  you can eq them with the cypher cable to have a ton of bass.  it's clean bass though.  

i think these things have a sound signature closer to the sine over ear headphones than the LCD series.  they're more balanced and not as dark and creamy sounding. 

you can get these things POUNDING if you eq them right.  More bass than I could stand and then some.  Loud enough to make you go "bass deaf" for a while easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back