Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 11, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #2,056 of 7,353
Well they're pressing the **** out of all my buttons right now. The Stax have what feels like more treble, but it's less fatiguing than the i20. Details jump out at you, like the HD800, instead of being in the background like the i20. The Stax have a slightly wider soundstage, but this big feeling of depth that I haven't really heard in much else apart from my HD800. The stax are noticeably faster and cleaner than the i20(which was already quite fast and clean). Sub bass volume is similar on both sets, with the Stax having better speed and texture. The low bass range is more emphasized on the i20 while the Stax has a mid-low bass emphasis. That being said, the bass feels overall bigger on the i20, and the i20 has more air impact. The stax, on the other hand, has more impact by way of transients. The stax cracks transients just like the HD800, giving everything a crystalline edge. The stax are much less mid focused than the i20, regardless of cable. I feel like the stax, while still warm, give me a much more accurate representation of the midrange. In a couple tracks off a favorite acoustic album, I can hear the different mic frequency responses for the artists guitar and voice on the stax where I really have to squint my ears to hear the difference on the i20.

Stax srs-002 system at $350 vs iSine 20(even at the $420 I paid) is no contest. Stax all the way for my tastes. Where the iSine really wins though is convenience. The cipher is really a godsend for going out and about. The stax have a thin, kinky cable that I'm going to have to baby. I also need to lug around a (non rechargeable) battery powered amp with a 4-6 hour battery life.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness style writeup, but I'm still in the first few hours and am typing while listening.

I'm kinda in a weird place right now because I've been wanting to start an iSine crusade over how good they are, but the stax are another level. I have a month to let the new toy syndrome wear off and decide if I need both in my life.

Oh no, say it isn't so. You was like the Audeze isine most valuable hype man. Well if you decide to keep the stax I'll buy the isine 20 from you. :cool:

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #2,057 of 7,353
I know I know. And they're still worth the hype. The iSine still has better impact and dynamics, it has the easier fit(the stax is notorious for discomfort, although they're super comfy for me) as well as the awesome cipher cable that makes portable use that much easier(my batteries died after 3 hours on the stax). The i20 also has a thicker, richer tonality than the Stax. Like I said, I'm a speed whore, and the more "in your face" detail retrieval is a plus for me so the stax is winning me over in that regard. It really comes down to personal tastes and it's important to remember the Stax system was $700 MSRP if I'm remembering correctly, so they should rightly be trading blows. The performance/dollar for both sets is staggering and it really comes down to if you want the thick, impactful Audeze sound, or the leaner "transients like cracking whips" stax sound.

Basically which one I keep will come down to if the stax is a pain to use day to day. I'm getting a USB to DC cable since it will be at my desk 98% of the time and I'll see how that goes.

May also end up keeping both. i20 when I want that thicker, richer sound and the Stax when I want absolute speed

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #2,058 of 7,353
Saw an add for a LCD i4 in-ear at 2450$ available in May !! Is this à Joke ????

Friggin finally !!!  Finally we get a pic of it ! Finally! Pfew I was about to make an angry post as to why such a long radio silence about em.
I was like hmm Audeze, you better start to give any info, even if it's not a release date, if only to put doubt into the minds of people that have say the 64Audio Tia Forte in mind (as looking from the trend of the CanJam Socal impressions so far, the Forte seemed to be popular; Empire Ears couldn't make it due to Delta cancelling a ton of flights, so no Prototype H and X)

So the LCD-i3 is now rebranded to LCD-i4 ? Because the price ball park is the same.

I was really hoping for a tradional over the ear cable socket position, to avoid the need for the ear hook (Surelock + over ear guide would've been enough?), plus it'd help with cutting down on microphonic cable.

Pre-order starting in May... now I'm more hopeful that we'll get to try it and even buy it during Canjam London in July 15-16

edit: The Benelux region distributor for Audeze won't have any iSine 10/20 till end of April... I assume it means Belgium's gonna get the revises units straight away with them Groovy tips then.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #2,059 of 7,353
I know I know. And they're still worth the hype. The iSine still has better impact and dynamics, it has the easier fit(the stax is notorious for discomfort, although they're super comfy for me) as well as the awesome cipher cable that makes portable use that much easier(my batteries died after 3 hours on the stax). The i20 also has a thicker, richer tonality than the Stax. Like I said, I'm a speed whore, and the more "in your face" detail retrieval is a plus for me so the stax is winning me over in that regard. It really comes down to personal tastes and it's important to remember the Stax system was $700 MSRP if I'm remembering correctly, so they should rightly be trading blows. The performance/dollar for both sets is staggering and it really comes down to if you want the thick, impactful Audeze sound, or the leaner "transients like cracking whips" stax sound.

Basically which one I keep will come down to if the stax is a pain to use day to day. I'm getting a USB to DC cable since it will be at my desk 98% of the time and I'll see how that goes.

May also end up keeping both. i20 when I want that thicker, richer sound and the Stax when I want absolute speed

Haha, I was just about to say that these audiophiles aren't loyal. :D Lol Well either way I am saving up to get a isine 20. The rave reviews from the community and your posts about them have convinced me to save up.:xf_eek:

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #2,061 of 7,353
Been trying to get an isine 20 for a while now, but seems they are sold out and Audeze is having stock issues? I have an order through a site that has been in limbo for 3 weeks now.

Anyways, I was wondering what the difference is between the cipher cable vs 3.5mm. If it's that drastic? I was thinking of getting the isine 10 with 3.5mm since it's the only one in stock. Going to be needing these soon, and figured I would give them to my family member once the isine 20 are in stock (my family member actually needs new ones anyways).

But then apart of me feels like it would be a huge mistake to miss out on the cipher cable. Is the sound difference that massive?

Jeez I hope Audeze gets their 20s back in stock soon.

Edit I'm a dumb girl! Took 5 seconds to read the previous pages. My apologies.

I have LCD-3s and love them. But my ears are sensitive to treble peaks and certain spikes. I get fatigue. It's why I stay away from Grado.

So the treble isn't as forward with the 3.5mm?

Also is the 10 more warm/dark than the 20? I generally like warm sound sigs. Smooth/melodic over analytical. If the 20 has more treble/sparkle, maybe it isn't for me.

Going to dig a bit more into reviews and impressions.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #2,062 of 7,353
Been trying to get an isine 20 for a while now, but seems they are sold out and Audeze is having stock issues? I have an order through a site that has been in limbo for 3 weeks now.

Anyways, I was wondering what the difference is between the cipher cable vs 3.5mm. If it's that drastic? I was thinking of getting the isine 10 with 3.5mm since it's the only one in stock. Going to be needing these soon, and figured I would give them to my family member once the isine 20 are in stock (my family member actually needs new ones anyways).

But then apart of me feels like it would be a huge mistake to miss out on the cipher cable. Is the sound difference that massive?

I have LCD-3s and love them. But my ears are sensitive to treble peaks and certain spikes. I get fatigue. It's why I stay away from Grado.

Also is the 10 more warm/dark than the 20? I generally like warm sound sigs. Smooth/melodic over analytical. If the 20 has more treble/sparkle, maybe it isn't for me.

Your best bet is to try them, sound impressions are subjective. I have the iSine 10 with both cables. I am using the 3.5 most of the time and I like what I hear. I hate bright sound and I took down the DT 770 the moment I tried them at the store because of how bright they were. the iSine 10 is the best portable headphones I've heard IMHO and I like their balance, soundstage and SQ. I don't think you will go wrong with the iSine 10 and you may even prefer them to the 20 (plus saving the extra cost).

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #2,063 of 7,353

I have the 20's, and I never found the treble harsh. This is coming from a guy who loves the HD650 and is quite treble-sensitive. The 20's are definetily brighter than something like the HD650, but they're still warm and smooth, both with the cipher and analog cable. I prefer the cipher cable, just adds more excitement and air.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2,064 of 7,353
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I ended up getting the isine10 with the 3.5mm. They come tomorrow! I still have my order for the 20 on a waiting list.

I figure I'll try both. And I'll give my family member the other one regardless. I'm glad to hear that these aren't that harsh. Its interesting that the 20s are brighter. That doesn't mean they won't be a match for my ears.

It's just in a way, I'm kind of glad I can try both of them out. That way I can figure out which one is best for me. Plus I'm just curious to see what the differences are.

Plus with the delays, might be another 2 weeks till they ship me my 20. So this works out for me, as I really needed these this week. I'm more of a casual audiophile, so I'm not the best when it comes to the technical side. But I'll give my impressions of both (as a causal) when I can.

Thanks again for the quick replies,

Emily

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #2,065 of 7,353
man I was just about to say (and ill say anyways :wink:

I just got word that we are getting in 3 pairs of Isine 10's and Isine 20's. Our website has not been updated  (just got the confirmation email getting them), so they are not on our website yet. Feel free to call us until then if you would like a pair. MTME is a proud Cavalli dealer for those that don't know us!

-Craig

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #2,069 of 7,353
Update RE: Mt Treble Concerns

I don't know if it's burn in or me finding a better fit but they have been living up to the hype the last few days without discomfort.

Looking like I might just be keeping these!

Glad to hear it. You had me a little concerned for a minute. How are they with watching movies like Netflix?

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #2,070 of 7,353
Glad to hear it. You had me a little concerned for a minute. How are they with watching movies like Netflix?

Apparently fantastic. Just tried them on Pacific Rim and Indiana Jones. They're really really good for that. But I don't like watching movies with headphones unless I'm on a plane, which I generally use my MoFi for because they isolate so well. More of a surround sound guy when I'm at home for movies.

Anyway, yeah, they do work well for movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back