Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 22, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #1,802 of 7,352
I have a question. Perhaps Audeze can answer this as well. I'm looking at the EL-8's. How similar is the sound signature. I would use them with my iPhone 7 Plus mainly.

I have the EL-8's as well. They do have a different sound, but within the same path I'd say.... just more comfortable. I love them too, may need to part with them to cover my iSine 20's lol.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #1,803 of 7,352
Hello. Just started listening to a nice pair of isine20.
Starting with the analog cable. Nice
Plugged in the lightning... what a change of sound.. my ears need to get accustomed, this is too aggressive.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #1,804 of 7,352
Arg I was told I will have to wait another 7 business days, before my ¡SINE 20 will be sent to me lol oh the humanity. Might as well put on some Zappa and wait for the time to pass in a blink.:) Glad these remarkable IEM'S are popular.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #1,805 of 7,352
My iSINE 20s arrived today.

Tried the earlocks, but don't think my ears are the right shape for either size, despite watching the video earlier in this thread. The earhooks fit fine though. Comfort is pretty good and they're very secure. I caught the cable over my knee when standing up before and they didn't fall out. Almost pulled my ear off though! I can definitely feel them in my ears though as the nozzle is very thick.

Gave them a brief try with the cipher cable out of my iPad pro 12.9, streaming Qobuz CD quality. Initial impressions were good.

Then put in a 4.4mm balanced cable and tried them out of my Sony TA-ZH1ES amp, again streaming Qobuz. Seemed to be some sibilance, so switched the provided tips from small to medium, which cleared it up. They seemed to sound better on high gain interestingly.

Lastly put them on my Sony NW-WM1A using the same balanced cable. Tried high and low gain, and this time low gain wins. Initial impression is that they sound excellent out of the WM1A. Bass is about where I want it, no sibilance, sound very balanced overall.

I'm flying over to Orlando for two weeks at the weekend, so going to give these a good test hopefully. They seem like a perfect travel solution to use in a quiet environment. Also taking Westone W80s for the flight, and my MDR-EX1000s too, so hopefully can do some comparisons.

For the just over £400 that I paid for them new they seem like amazing value for money given the sound.

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,806 of 7,352
Just had my first "WTH?" moment with the i10s, involving the soundstage.

I was listening to this track:

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://music.gravitasrecordings.com/album/harmony" href="http://music.gravitasrecordings.com/album/harmony">Harmony by CloZee</a>

Walked in my front door just as the song reached 1:35, and I whipped my head to the left thinking someone was knocking on the wall in the hall. 

I love these things so much.

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #1,807 of 7,352
  My iSINE 20s arrived today.

Tried the earlocks, but don't think my ears are the right shape for either size, despite watching the video earlier in this thread. The earhooks fit fine though. Comfort is pretty good and they're very secure. I caught the cable over my knee when standing up before and they didn't fall out. Almost pulled my ear off though! I can definitely feel them in my ears though as the nozzle is very thick.

Gave them a brief try with the cipher cable out of my iPad pro 12.9, streaming Qobuz CD quality. Initial impressions were good.

Then put in a 4.4mm balanced cable and tried them out of my Sony TA-ZH1ES amp, again streaming Qobuz. Seemed to be some sibilance, so switched the provided tips from small to medium, which cleared it up. They seemed to sound better on high gain interestingly.

Lastly put them on my Sony NW-WM1A using the same balanced cable. Tried high and low gain, and this time low gain wins. Initial impression is that they sound excellent out of the WM1A. Bass is about where I want it, no sibilance, sound very balanced overall.

I'm flying over to Orlando for two weeks at the weekend, so going to give these a good test hopefully. They seem like a perfect travel solution to use in a quiet environment. Also taking Westone W80s for the flight, and my MDR-EX1000s too, so hopefully can do some comparisons.

For the just over £400 that I paid for them new they seem like amazing value for money given the sound.

Where did you find them at that price? If they ship to France, no doubt I'd get them to Belgium too.
Sadly the Audeze dealer here still is awaiting their units.
I got a 4.4mm Norne Therium cable ready to try the iSine with my WM1A too :D

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #1,808 of 7,352
Yeah I'm on the back order list as well. It sounds like they'll be getting all the parts and have the assembly/shipping line moving them out of the building by Friday in the order that orders were recieved. It also sounds like they'll be able to get to all the orders this batch. Yay!

So given that I made my order last Thursday, I'll bet I'm near the back of the queue. Hoping they ship by EOW next week or so.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #1,809 of 7,352
  Just had my first "WTH?" moment with the i10s, involving the soundstage.

I was listening to this track:

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://music.gravitasrecordings.com/album/harmony" href="http://music.gravitasrecordings.com/album/harmony">Harmony by CloZee</a>

Walked in my front door just as the song reached 1:35, and I whipped my head to the left thinking someone was knocking on the wall in the hall. 

I love these things so much.

great song!  yeah that happened to me a lot at first.  Did someone just knock on my door?  is my dog barking outside?  These definitely trick your head, especially at first.  Especially since they are so light you almost forget they are on your ears at all.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #1,810 of 7,352
Where did you find them at that price? If they ship to France, no doubt I'd get them to Belgium too.
Sadly the Audeze dealer here still is awaiting their units.
I got a 4.4mm Norne Therium cable ready to try the iSine with my WM1A too :D
Advancedmp3players.co.uk had them on one-day offer, plus they give 10% off vouchers on their website. On top of that I don't pay VAT.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #1,811 of 7,352
my iSINE 10 arrived today ( thanks Razordog.great price great comunication and fast shipping ! ). took them out for 2 hours test drive at the gym , light workout , nothing involve crazy fast movement. i listened to some Dave Matthews Live, some Diana Krall live in Paris and some RadioHead OK computer 

to mu untrained ears, this is how i feel about them....

the good...
-sound stage!! OMG absolutely best IEM sound stage . very spacious just like your ARE there
-Tone. warm-ish . mids and highs are well refined  . i always listen to my music with a U shape EQ 
-Vocals = really good 
-very little to 0 ear fatique

the OKs..
-Bass is good but i don't mind a lil more
-You can hear what is going on around you , this is also one of the downside as well tho
-Decent material. not cheap but doesn't give a luxury feel

the bad...
-Terrible isolation! i understand that this is not a real in-ear IEM but i expect some kind of sound isolation ( at least something close to Senn's IE80 level) i can hear EVERYTHING around me . i end up turning the volume way up, bad for my ears!.
-Cipher cable is good but very bulky . 
-earhooks are very annoying . combined with thick cipher cable = very uncomfortable . thier Surefire Earlocks might be better choice, but don't feel as secure as the earhooks

I really feel that the iSINE are great , but i don't think that they are the best choice outdoor  due to the isolation ( unless you wanna hear whats going on around you and don't mind the loss of music detail from the outside noise )
if you plan to use iSINE at home or in quiet work environment , i recommend you not to hesitate and just get them, they are quite amazing at that.they are also great if you are looking for great sounding gaming headphones but hate wearing a fullsize over the ear headphone like me.

i thought the iSINE was gonna cure my craving for Westone W60, sadly, they didn't .
i am deciding if i should return them and get the W60 , or keep them as my gaming , movies, home musics headphones and sell my UM PRO50 + SE535  to fund the W60.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #1,812 of 7,352
also , can someone from Audeze please let me know if it 's ok to keep left and right earphones right next to each other . their magnets are pretty strong ( you can actually feel it when they are close to each other )

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #1,813 of 7,352
  also , can someone from Audeze please let me know if it 's ok to keep left and right earphones right next to each other . their magnets are pretty strong ( you can actually feel it when they are close to each other )

yes you can. They wont cause any issues. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back