Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 10, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #1,411 of 7,352
I wonder if you use the pick and pluck foam if you could get the iSines to rest in custom little holes in those Pelican cases. I have some I got in bulk, but they sell the foam sized for the Pelican. You just pick out the perforated pieces to make custom sized holes. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00512WN6G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486738761&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=pelican+1010+foam&dpPl=1&dpID=51Mo6svWSWL&ref=plSrch

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #1,412 of 7,352
  At 18 seconds you will see an image of how the earlocks look when placed in the ear. Looks like I may have been doing it wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-awnXNbvQ

This video helped me, @metaldood 

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #1,414 of 7,352
I saw that vid too but I never get a secure fit that way. What I've been doing is sticking the pointy end in like in the video then tucking the rest of the ear hook under my antihelix/against the inside of the concha.

Feb 10, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #1,417 of 7,352
If the LCD-i3 is still in mythical beast status, is it possible to add a few horns to it?

i.e.:
  1. make one with the 2pin connector on top for over the ear cable to attenuate microphonics
  2. 3D printed custom mould for the insertion side, it'd better than Surefire lock

Would be no need for the ear hook I see now why it's a down the ear worn cable, because of the ribbon flat cable for the Cypher lighting cable; a flat ribbon would be awkward/uncomfy if worn over the ear; especially if they already use the ear hooks. But do understand that if someone is serious enough to buy them for 2-3K, you can bet they have already or plan to get an aftermarket cable to further push it. 
While most feedback so far prefer the iSine 10 over the 20, and that the Cypher cable+DSP is so good it offers ultra portability with amazing SQ enjoyment; if not mistaken there seemed to be at least one feedback mentioning using an iSine 20 in analog with aftermarket cable and a good DAC/AMP or DAP.
If you're confident you offer the highest sound quality in ultra portable format, go all the way. Or offer that option for a premium.

Hmm this got me thinking, maybe disregard all the above. I'm not knowledgeable when in comes to Planar Magnetic with in-ears. Maybe it's impossible to offer it in custom mould shape as it would be too difficult to get the sound in phase with the naturaly bends of the canals, hence why choosing universal fit with tips stopping at the 1st bend. Intriguing stuff

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #1,418 of 7,352
Well that also all depends on whether or not the person believes that higher priced cables carry an electrical signal better in some magical way. The cable market is a bunch of snakeoil(compared to appropriately shielded, non crap cables, like any decent headphone manufacturer provides) that won't have any real measurable impact until the in-line dsp market takes off. $700+ cable made from elf's blood and the hair of angels, magically increasing soundstage and clarity, yea right. $700 cable with proprietary built in DSP that can be measured to have a significant and audible change in the signal, there's a real market.

Then again, some people just need to spend enough money to get the placebo effect pumping. And the placebo effect is a very real thing. Personally I'm waiting for all the new house DSP cables to hit the market in the next 5-10 years, that'll be sweet.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,419 of 7,352

Then again, some people just need to spend enough money to get the placebo effect pumping. And the placebo effect is a very real thing. Personally I'm waiting for all the new house DSP cables to hit the market in the next 5-10 years, that'll be sweet.

like the Cipher cable ? why wait 5 to 10 years ?

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 10, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #1,420 of 7,352
Haha, well you guys are kinda starting that particular market so I'm hoping other houses follow. After more development I foresee a point where I can have sennheiser, audeze, beyerdynamic, etc cables all with unique DSP configurations that change depending on headphone model, maybe even auto interfacing with newer headphones and changing configuration accordingly.

And then if we can get convincing crossfade in an inline dsp, I'd be in heaven.

The whole dsp in a cable thing is a really exciting new market for me. The previous ciphers didn't really do much with it, but as I understand the iSine actually has a more involved EQ as well as an active filter.

Of course we'll probably still have a couple loonies who say their $628 cable has a wider more "organic" soundstage than the DSP ones.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #1,421 of 7,352
  Well that also all depends on whether or not the person believes that higher priced cables carry an electrical signal better in some magical way. The cable market is a bunch of snakeoil(compared to appropriately shielded, non crap cables, like any decent headphone manufacturer provides) that won't have any real measurable impact until the in-line dsp market takes off. $700+ cable made from elf's blood and the hair of angels, magically increasing soundstage and clarity, yea right. $700 cable with proprietary built in DSP that can be measured to have a significant and audible change in the signal, there's a real market.

Don't put everyone in the same basket though. It's about having a cable hold better against degradation of the signal, it can't add anything more than what entered. And I agree, you gotta be vigilant. I'm still saying all cable makers should at least give the impedance of the cable, as that will affect the sound, that part ain't snakeoil. Me personally I just want lowest microphonics against rubbing, still maintaining good flexibility, not be tangling, and not muddy over the mid bass. That's why I been bloody waiting for the Linum SuperBaX (0.75ohm) for more than 2 years now. 
I can get my magical tuning via EQ when need arises. I ain't paying over 1K for platinum on my cable. And I'm sure once they manage to miniaturize that weird honeycomb like lattice, graphene will be the next big thing in cables. One can dream at least.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,424 of 7,352
i'd presume (rightly or wrongly) that
their sound sig is similar to the EL 8 (price wise they're similar)
... but my hesitation is that they're not isolating...best used in quiet environments.
the mr speakers Aeon closed portable planars also have my attention for the price.
hey, my wallet is only so thick.

if the audeze can take the sound out of my head and make it truly more 3D then
they might have me plonk down my cash tomorrow...we'll see 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back