Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 8, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,381 of 7,352

I am responsible for the DSP behind cipher cable. The Graphic EQ used in the app  will not guarantee perfectly flat response if you reduce all bands by say 5dB and may not be an optimal solution if you want to get the best out of the Cipher cable.

Three questions for you after looking at the 10 band Graphic EQ app in the app store. It has two preset buttons and a reset.

1) As you adjust those sliders under one of the presets the actual settings are sent to the iSine 20 (or 10) and saved in memory immediately, and if you tap on a different preset then that sound profile is loaded right away?

2) And if you select the Reset button it goes back to the Cipher cable as shipped, so it has the PEQ profile you developed for it straight out of the box?

3) How likely is Audeze to offer plugins for virtual rooms in this app, or would that be a different app? Or is the answer it depends on sales numbers? :wink:

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1,382 of 7,352
  Hi everyone, @Audeze @AudezeSupport @KMann

I am facing a weird issue with my isine 10. I am using the cipher cable with my iphone 7. The headphones are getting detected by the phone but the music is still being played directly through phone speakers and not through the headphones. Strangely, the volume buttons and Siri activation buttons on the in line remote are functioning properly. 

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Had the same problem.  Suggest you unplug the Cipher cable and plug it in again.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #1,383 of 7,352
Ya I tried that a number of times but it didn't work. I also did a reset of my phone just to make sure there isn't a problem in the source it self.
Also, the apple lightning EarPods work just fine.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #1,384 of 7,352
Ya I tried that a number of times but it didn't work. I also did a reset of my phone just to make sure there isn't a problem in the source it self.
Also, the apple lightning EarPods work just fine.

I am Having the same issue but my cable isn't even coming up on the app now. I contacted audeze . They're sending me a new cypher cable .You should do the same.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #1,385 of 7,352

Three questions for you after looking at the 10 band Graphic EQ app in the app store. It has two preset buttons and a reset.
1) As you adjust those sliders under one of the presets the actual settings are sent to the iSine 20 (or 10) and saved in memory immediately, and if you tap on a different preset then that sound profile is loaded right away?

Yes and Yes.

2) And if you select the Reset button it goes back to the Cipher cable as shipped, so it has the PEQ profile you developed for it straight out of the box?

Yes. To be clear, the PEQ profile in the Cipher cable is always active. Any changes you make using the graphic EQ of the app happens on top of the PEQ (as a signal flow, the PEQ and GEQ are in series).
3) How likely is Audeze to offer plugins for virtual rooms in this app, or would that be a different app? Or is the answer it depends on sales numbers? :wink:

We have plans of doing a virtual room directly in the cipher cable at some point, not as a separate plugin. We view the Cipher as a DSP platform on which we can run different apps. In the mean-time, you can look at Waves Nx plugin. We worked with waves and we have provided them with profiles for iSines  and our other models too for optimal virtual stereo experience.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #1,386 of 7,352
The question is: Is the Cypher cable better than a TOTL DAP ? Seems even the Sankar the CEO of Audeze believes that a dedicated amp and DAC will yield sonic improvements over the cypher cable alone. The conclusion seems pretty much 50/50. Half say the Cypher cable will sound better than anything else. The other half says the cypher cable is just for convenience for Apple users. Note: I own the Sine and isine 20 with cipher cable.

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #1,389 of 7,352
  The question is: Is the Cypher cable better than a TOTL DAP ? Seems even the Sankar the CEO of Audeze believes that a dedicated amp and DAC will yield sonic improvements over the cypher cable alone. The conclusion seems pretty much 50/50. Half say the Cypher cable will sound better than anything else. The other half says the cypher cable is just for convenience for Apple users. Note: I own the Sine and isine 20 with cipher cable.

In the case of the Cypher cable and iSine, the answer (or question) is not as clear cut as: Is DAP A better than cypher.

My reasoning is because the EQ plays so much of a role in a how the iSine will sound. If you're comparing DAP A with EQ off with the cypher (which has a default EQ tuned for the isine), I believe the cypher will win out. I tried a comparison with my DP-X1, and DP-X1 paired to O2 amp, the cypher is a clear winner in both situations.

HOWEVER, if you take the time to tune the EQ on your DAP to the best possible sound, THEN it's possible that the DAP might sound better. If you go back a few pages on this thread, there is someone who did precisely this.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #1,391 of 7,352
  The isine uses a dual pin .78mm right connector right ?

It is a standard custom IEM 2-pin cable, but the connector body needs to have a groove slot cut out and go all the way into the iSINE housing.
Some cables are designed only for the CIEMs that have pin holes sitting flush on the housing, so those may not fit.

I bought a Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable but that didn't have a groove cut out, so I had to cut it myself in order to make it fit all the way in.
You might be able to force it in without a groove, but it puts a lot of stress on the iSINE housing, and could split it in half at the seam eventually.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #1,393 of 7,352
  @peepskp -- I am responsible for the DSP behind cipher cable. The Graphic EQ used in the app  will not guarantee perfectly flat response if you reduce all bands by say 5dB and may not be an optimal solution if you want to get the best out of the Cipher cable.

Typically the office environment noise floor is somewhere between 40-50 dB. With averagely loud recorded songs, first click on the volume with lightning cable is set to  provide SPL around 50 dB (bass and low midrange). Normally music has very high dynamic range and peaks can easily reach 0dB, but usually they are very short in duration and person cannot feel it, if the rest of the signal is much lower volume. Some  compressed music with very high signal level can be quite loud even with the first click on the volume control. We have allowed about 35dB range for volume adjustment in an effort to make most clicks useable. This might depend on the song and how it is mastered as well.

Can I  get some more information  on the song and source (Tidal, Spotify, itunes etc). We can investigate this as well and any information about the song will be helpful.

-Karthick

I use spotify premium and iAudioGate with highres FLAC and ALAC files. This issue is all across the board for every song, source, etc. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,394 of 7,352
^^ agreed...

minimum volume level on iDevices has long history of being too loud....

was hopeful Audeze would have addressed this glaring issue...

btw....who decided an office should be the standard for noise floor...?!?

i suggest a 'gnat fart' should be the standard....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back