Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 8, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #1,366 of 7,352

Do the silicone internal ear locks hold them in place for you? I can't get them to stay put for longer than 20m or so, despite jamming the things into the folds of my ear. (large & small)

Yeah, they do—even better than the ear hooks.  When I first tried the EarLocks, they kept falling out.  It was laughable.  I had to sit perfectly still.  I just don't think I understood how they worked.  Now, they're rock solid.  I have to use my index fingers to work them into the right spot.  Once they reach that spot, they sort of click into place.  I'm never going back to the ear hooks.

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #1,367 of 7,352
  I received my cypher edition iSine 20 preorder from Razordog two days ago.

I preordered three months ago, so I can't say how backed up they are, but can confirm that they are receiving stock!

How are people tackling the comfort of these things? I can't wear them for more than an hour or so before my ears start to hurt. I've tried both the hard and soft hooks, and both have their problems.

I wish they included different size hooks with these things.

Note for people using the cypher cable: I highly recommend using the clip to attach the cypher dac to your shirt, as with it dangling, its like hanging a weight from your ears. No bueno for keeping a good seal.

The clear hooks work best for me, I played around with all of them for quite a while. I really wanted the earlocks to work but they are useless for me. Ditto on using the clip, it is essential.

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #1,368 of 7,352
  The clear hooks work best for me, I played around with all of them for quite a while. I really wanted the earlocks to work but they are useless for me. Ditto on using the clip, it is essential.

If you go back a few pages, there's a post from me complaining about the EarLocks, ear hooks and the weight of the Cipher cable ruining the seal with both.  The ear hooks pulled down my ears and made my look like Dumbo, not to mention the fact that they hurt.  But now that I've got the EarLocks figured out, I don't need the cable clip.  They're that secure.  And I use them during two fairly brisk, 30-minute walks each day to and from work.  They don't even come close to falling out.  

Bottom line: keep trying the EarLocks.

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #1,370 of 7,352
  Not the thread to delve into a discussion how iOS devices may or may not be good/bad sources, but can those who are using the iSine's with the cipher cable share where your music is coming from? Streaming Spotify? Apple Music? FLAC player? Something else?

Just wondering how to best appreciate the iSine w/ cipher on an iphone 7 plus. 

Tidal HiFi > iPhone 6 > Cipher > iSine 10s

Very happy with the combination.

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #1,372 of 7,352
  Anyone having issues with the lowest volume being too loud out of an idevice? I wish i could turn down the volume just a tad more. It goes from 0 to 4 it seems like.

Maybe use the Audeze app to lower all of the EQ settings to as low as possible? I know its a minimal impact, but every little bit helps.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #1,373 of 7,352
I've had this problem with the isine 10 as well as the Sine. I have a newer iphone 7 and at the time of owning the Sines it was brand spanking new so cleanliness was not an issue. The Sine issue got better with time and I am hoping the same for the isines. Although, I think it may have something to do with the Audeze app, it is kinda buggy imo.

Thanks for that I didn't even think of the app having anything to do with it. But I'll keep it in mind and hope it works out in the long run because I really do love these things . I would hate to return them because of this

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #1,374 of 7,352

Anyone having issues with the lowest volume being too loud out of an idevice? I wish i could turn down the volume just a tad more. It goes from 0 to 4 it seems like.

When you use the volume button on the Cipher, one click from mute, does your iDevice volume show one level/bar or 4? Also are you experiencing the same issue with all kinds of music or specific tracks only?

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #1,375 of 7,352

Thanks for that I didn't even think of the app having anything to do with it. But I'll keep it in mind and hope it works out in the long run because I really do love these things . I would hate to return them because of this

The app need not be running nor even be installed for you to use the Cipher cable. Once you are happy with the EQ, you can close the app or even uninstall it. The preset is already stored on the cable by then. That will be a good way to know if you suspect the app is the problem.

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #1,376 of 7,352
When you use the volume button on the Cipher, one click from mute, does your iDevice volume show one level/bar or 4? Also are you experiencing the same issue with all kinds of music or specific tracks only?

It goes from 0 to 1 click like it should but it sounds like 0 to 4 clicks. @satsugai suggestion is a step in the right direction.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #1,378 of 7,352
Hi everyone, @Audeze @AudezeSupport @KMann

I am facing a weird issue with my isine 10. I am using the cipher cable with my iphone 7. The headphones are getting detected by the phone but the music is still being played directly through phone speakers and not through the headphones. Strangely, the volume buttons and Siri activation buttons on the in line remote are functioning properly. 

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #1,379 of 7,352
It goes from 0 to 1 click like it should but it sounds like 0 to 4 clicks. @satsugai suggestion is a step in the right direction.

@peepskp -- I am responsible for the DSP behind cipher cable. The Graphic EQ used in the app  will not guarantee perfectly flat response if you reduce all bands by say 5dB and may not be an optimal solution if you want to get the best out of the Cipher cable.

Typically the office environment noise floor is somewhere between 40-50 dB. With averagely loud recorded songs, first click on the volume with lightning cable is set to  provide SPL around 50 dB (bass and low midrange). Normally music has very high dynamic range and peaks can easily reach 0dB, but usually they are very short in duration and person cannot feel it, if the rest of the signal is much lower volume. Some  compressed music with very high signal level can be quite loud even with the first click on the volume control. We have allowed about 35dB range for volume adjustment in an effort to make most clicks useable. This might depend on the song and how it is mastered as well.

Can I  get some more information  on the song and source (Tidal, Spotify, itunes etc). We can investigate this as well and any information about the song will be helpful.

-Karthick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back