Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 23, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #1,141 of 7,352

I have to agree with you, the iSine 10 were fantastic for gaming last night. Easily the single greatest IEM I've ever tried for that purpose. After that experience I'm eager to get some head time with the iSine VR and a Vive or Rift. Tonight I brought home the 20 for some listening, but I only have the Cipher cable so I won't be doing any gaming with it this evening.

We recently got to try the iSine10s with Lenovo Legion Y720 Laptop running Dolby Atoms. It was astounding. We will have a iSineVR setup at CanJamNY running an object based audio demo.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 24, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #1,142 of 7,352
  We recently got to try the iSine10s with Lenovo Legion Y720 Laptop running Dolby Atoms. It was astounding. We will have a iSineVR setup at CanJamNY running an object based audio demo.

I'm using them with Creative's virtual surround implementation on their E5 amp. It takes a 7.1 signal when hooked up usb from a pc. Really nice effect with the isine.

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #1,143 of 7,352
The stock 3.5mm cable is very good, but I tried using the Moon Audio Silver Dragon 2pin IEM cable on my iSINE20.

This cable gave the overall sound a bit more of a cleaner feeling without causing the treble to be as bright as I expected.
In particular the bass loses some thickness but feels tangibly 3D and has a sense of forward depth to it.

The 2-pin cable connector needs modification to ensure a good fit (a slot needs to be cut in the correct orientation to fit the iSINE's hole).

I liked how the Moon cable sounded, but I want to mention again that the stock cable is very good, and certainly much better sounding than most junk cables that a lot of IEM companies throw in. If you want a warmer relaxing sound with comfortable bass then the stock cable is probably a better choice.

Maybe the Moon and other silver plated cables work better on iSINE10.

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #1,144 of 7,352

I did the same thing, but cancelled my order from the authorized retailer last Monday and ordered directly from Audeze.  My iSine 10 arrived today.  I recommend you do the same if you haven't already done so.

I know I should do that but I keep hoping the information that the authorized distributor is being given actually comes true.  They continue to tell me that they are being told they should receive their initial allotment any day now.  Of course that's been the case for 3 weeks now so not sure who is misleading who...

Pretty typical new release issues I think.  I imagine I'll get em' sooner or later...

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #1,146 of 7,352
Anybody find a good hard carrying case for these? I use the Ear Hook / Guide things and the hard portion of the case that came with them doesn't work when you have the ear hooks installed. Removing them and reattaching them every time they're transported is kinda annoying, and I'm afraid the nozzle's gonna get crushed if I use the case without the hard portion of the case.

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #1,147 of 7,352
  Anybody find a good hard carrying case for these? I use the Ear Hook / Guide things and the hard portion of the case that came with them doesn't work when you have the ear hooks installed. Removing them and reattaching them every time they're transported is kinda annoying, and I'm afraid the nozzle's gonna get crushed if I use the case without the hard portion of the case.

Being Audeze, the natural choice would be a Pelican style case like the Model 1020?. (makes it feel like a mini-LCD).

I decided to use the soft ear hooks for the same reason that the hard hooks won't fit into the genuine case, which is an excellent case aside from this minor issue. 

I thought I was stupid and thought surely there must be a way to put it into the case without taking these hooks off, but I guess I wasn't the only one struggling with this.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #1,148 of 7,352

Being Audeze, the natural choice would be a Pelican style case like the Model 1020?. (makes it feel like a mini-LCD).

I decided to use the soft ear hooks for the same reason that the hard hooks won't fit into the genuine case, which is an excellent case aside from this minor issue. 

I thought I was stupid and thought surely there must be a way to put it into the case without taking these hooks off, but I guess I wasn't the only one struggling with this.

Earlocks don't seem to fit in my ear ... tried watching all the videos and everything. I'll check out the 1020 thanks!

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,149 of 7,352
An update regarding isolation. Listening at a volume that matches my HD700, my GF is unable to hear anything in a quiet living room 4 feet away. These things do low volume listening extremely well. They're at 6/100 through windows(itunes maxed) USB out into my Creative E5 on low gain. I usually listen to my HD700 around 10/100 on high gain. When I cranked the i10 up to 24/100(very uncomfortable), the GF noted it as about a 3 out of 10 how loud she could hear it. The HD700s at a similar volume were a 10/10 to her.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #1,150 of 7,352
  Earlocks don't seem to fit in my ear ... tried watching all the videos and everything. I'll check out the 1020 thanks!

The case I have is actually called a Pelican 1010.
I just tried it with the plastic ear hooks and the CIPHER cable (worst case scenario) and it fits well. Not too tight to squeeze the unit, but not too loose that it will bounce around.

The soft ear hooks fit me perfectly, pretty much identical to how the Bose earphones work. However I did find a couple of my friends (adult male) just couldn't fit them because even the smaller pair was too big to fit into the slot above their ear hole.

Audeze should sell extra-small or large pairs of these even as an optional accessory.

I have a feeling that maybe Audeze originally designed the iSINE with these soft ear hooks (hence the case design), but found out later that they don't fit some people's ears, so ended up supplying the hard big hooks. (I'm just guessing).

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,152 of 7,352
Iv bit the bullet and pre ordered i20 on Amazon, I'm expecting to be underwhelmed because I'll be pairing with mojo, if it's warm and smooth in a good way (HD650) I'll be very impressed and if it's not, muddy and dark. I'll return them I'm not buying an iphone to make them good. Thanks for the impressions so far.

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,154 of 7,352
What is a proper seal exactly when the in-ears are open design? There is no sealing I understand, maybe a better fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back