Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 23, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #1,126 of 7,352
The audeze isine10 has great synergy with xduoo x10. Coincidental both ends with 10. Punchy bass, 3d staging, smooth treble.

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #1,127 of 7,352
I have both the Mojo and the Cipher as choices with my iSine 10s. Although the Mojo is empirically better, the convenience of the Cipher for mobile (travel) use has won me over.

I do not know about the Mojo.  I can tell you that Audeze just told me on the last page the Isine's are tuned to sound their best with Cipher cable.  The Audeze rep told me he uses heavy eq when he uses their products.  I do not understand how you can really like a headphone if you just make it sound completely different?  It was confusing to me.  I want an audio product to sound like it is supposed to without adding artificial tuning and such to it.  Sorry for the rant beyond your question.  That was more for the Audeze rep than you.

Good Luck

Riley

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,128 of 7,352
  I gotta admit (even though in the end it doesn't really matter)  that it is kind of disappointing to have pre-ordered from an authorized distributor back in late October / early November and still having  no idea when they will ship (because the distributor has no idea when they will receive them other than what they were originally led to believe) versus people very  recently ordering on the Audeze website and receiving them already.  I'm looking at it as giving me more time to enjoy all my other Audeze cans while waiting.  I'm definitely a fan-boy of the company.  Anyone willing to take the risk and headaches to create a start-up in this day and age deserves a lot of credit.  

I did the same thing, but cancelled my order from the authorized retailer last Monday and ordered directly from Audeze.  My iSine 10 arrived today.  I recommend you do the same if you haven't already done so.

Jan 23, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #1,133 of 7,352
I will say that for me these are the new kings of gaming cans for me, and it's so odd it's an iem that does it. Before nothing could touch my HD700 for gaming. There's just something about the air of an open driver but the direct sound pumping into your ears that makes the i10 more immersive without sacrificing any air or sense of space.

As far as music, soundstage is a hair smaller than the HD700. 3D positioning is better on the i10 but transient response feels like it goes to the HD700. The HD700 also feels like there's a little more instrument separation but this could be a trick of the tuning. i10 has a more full midrange than the HD700. i10 sounds "wetter", less sharp and analytical than the HD700. i10 is less sibilant than the HD700 and can be pushed louder without pain. Highs feel a bit more pushed to the background than the HD700 but that's expected. Bass goes to the i10. I loved the HD700 bass but the i10 feels like it goes a little lower, and its response to EQ confirms that. 

More to come. I really feel like comparing the i10 to any iem is useless. I previously used a Hisenior DC8, an 8BA per side iem that I thought was the end of the line IEM-wise for me. It felt like it had huge soundstage(for an iem), great bass, treble, and transients(again, for an iem). Now I got this i10 and it has huge soundstage just in general, as a headphone. Great bass, treble, and transients...as a HEADPHONE. Comparing these to iems isn't fair for those other iems imo.

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #1,134 of 7,352
  I will say that for me these are the new kings of gaming cans for me, and it's so odd it's an iem that does it. Before nothing could touch my HD700 for gaming. There's just something about the air of an open driver but the direct sound pumping into your ears that makes the i10 more immersive without sacrificing any air or sense of space.

As far as music, soundstage is a hair smaller than the HD700. 3D positioning is better on the i10 but transient response feels like it goes to the HD700. The HD700 also feels like there's a little more instrument separation but this could be a trick of the tuning. i10 has a more full midrange than the HD700. i10 sounds "wetter", less sharp and analytical than the HD700. i10 is less sibilant than the HD700 and can be pushed louder without pain. Highs feel a bit more pushed to the background than the HD700 but that's expected. Bass goes to the i10. I loved the HD700 bass but the i10 feels like it goes a little lower, and its response to EQ confirms that. 

More to come. I really feel like comparing the i10 to any iem is useless. I previously used a Hisenior DC8, an 8BA per side iem that I thought was the end of the line IEM-wise for me. It felt like it had huge soundstage(for an iem), great bass, treble, and transients(again, for an iem). Now I got this i10 and it has huge soundstage just in general, as a headphone. Great bass, treble, and transients...as a HEADPHONE. Comparing these to iems isn't fair for those other iems imo.

thanks for your impressions, was this with the digital or analog cable?

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,137 of 7,352
Hey guys, so I just received my iSine this morning and immediately unboxed it. 

Here are a few photos of the unboxing and product. 

BOX

OPENED WITH ALL ACCESSORIES OUT

THE EARPHONES ITSELF

QUICK REVIEW/IMPRESSIONS/ANALYSIS

So I've been listening to it for about 4-6 hours now using a bunch of cables and sources.
(I apologize in advance if I have a lot of grammatical errors, English is not my first language.)

CABLES USED:
Audeze Cipher Lightning cable
Audeze Standard 3.5mm Analog Cable
3rd Party Silver 2-pin cable
3rd Party Standard 2-pin cable

SOURCES (FLAC/TIDAL/LOSSLESS/320MP3's were used)
iPhone 6
iPhone 6s+
Oppo HA-2 SE
Woo Audio WA7
Little DOT MKII
Schiit Magni 2

IEMS/HEADPHONES COMPARED WITH:
IE800
Mee Audio Pinnacle P1
SE 846 (Currently don't have it with me anymore but I owned it before for about half a year and used it as a comparison)
NOBLE Audio Kasier K10U (Bought it, used it for a couple of weeks then decided to return it)
JH AUDIO LAYLA (Version 1)
AKG K712pros
HD800
HD6XX/650
FOSTEX T50RP MKIII

BUILD/COMFORT/FIT/DESIGN:
So the looks of these might not be for everyone. Some might find it appealing and some might find it hideous.
Personally, I think they're okay,it looks kinda badass in a way and its kind of a head turner earphone. The type where everyone will look at you if they saw you wearing it.
The build is good, not great. The material feels sturdy enough, but at this price point I wished they used a much more premium feeling material though. (Unlike the P1, for 200$ is built like a 1000$ IEM)
Although some would probably argue that the materials used are all justifiable because of how light they are, which is really superb for an IEM this big. (They are really light and you won't even feel the weight wearing them.)
The comfort and fit is a bit awkward at first, you might need to experiment with the accessories it comes with to get a fit to your liking. But once you get used to them, I'd say they're actually a decent fit.
They will be slightly sticking out of you ears, for some you would look stupid, for some you would look like a cyborg especially when you're wearing glasses or something LOL. (Once again, I find them to look badass in a way)

Despite the awkward feel to the fit, they're actually pretty comfortable to wear, maybe because they're very light. 
They also feel moderately secure. Especially when you use the ear hooks, You could even run with these. (Just not with the cipher cable, the dac module thingy on the cipher cable is a bit heavy)

ISOLATION/LEAKAGE:
You guys might have already saw some of the impressions about the isolation and leakage of this. And I got to agree they're pretty much the same with a normal earphone/earbud.
The isolation is actually quite good, especially when your listening at moderate volumes. The leakage is the same as an earphone or a tad bit louder, especially when you're using a much more powerful source or the cipher cable.
I think you can commute with this in a train or bus, just don't turn it all the way up, Its a good way to be wary of your surroundings too since they have an open design, this could be a good or bad thing to some people.
If you're looking for solid isolation though, this is not the best, better look somewhere else.

SOUND:

First Impressions:
So when I first tried it, it didn't really blow me away, they were decent and acceptable at its price range. The only thing I was impressed with was the soundstage, its probably the largest I've heard in an IEM. Even larger than the Layla and IE800.(Probably because they're open)
If you've heard the T50RP MKIII with alcantara pads, its like an IEM version of it with better sub bass and wider soundstage. Slightly warm, detailed, the mids were slightly forward in a good musical way, and the bass was good.
One thing to take note though is that I was only using the normal analog cable and it was plugged in into my iPhone. So I tried it with different sources.

My iPhone + OPPO HA2SE made it sound better with the analog cable, the soundstage and details were brought up a little more. at this moment I can see why these IEM's were so hyped, even here in Japan.
It just sounded so sparkly, planar fast, and so wide. its still a little warm, but is so buttery warm that it just feels so good. I'm not really good with words and such so I can't really use complicated terminologies to describe how they sound. But to me they just sound good, they sound like an openback headphone in an IEM form with planar goodness. You need to hear these for yourself.

I tried it with solid state amps like the magni (I'm sorry if I don't have any other Solidstate portables) it made them a bit more detailed and the bass is now more pronounced, I'd imagine this is what other solid state portable would also do.
But I still like it better with the OPPO. So I also decided to pair them with tube amps, like the WA7 and my little dot MKII, and yes, tubes pair with these great. It becomes a lot warmer, and will probably go very well jazz, acoustic genres.
Some might find it too warm using the normal analog cable when paired with a tube, but I think that that will all come down to preference.

So I tried different cables, I used my silver 2-pin cable. the sound is still good, but the difference is very minimal, I'd say that the details are much more pronounced now with the silver cable, but that could just be in my head.
Nonetheless, it still sounded really good. And at this point I was already happy with the purchase. I never though it could be better than this, but I was wronged.

Cipher Cable:
So I know that not a lot of people are into apple products, especially the audiophile community. But I am an iPhone user myself. I just got so used to it because the iPhone 4 was my first smart phone when I was like 16-17 or something.
I thought these cable was made just so that you can use it with the iPhone 7 coz it had no jack. Boy I was wronged. These cables is what made these IEMS great to screwin exceptional.
I paired the cipher cable with my iPhone and the first thing I noticed is that they are now a lot louder, like 100% louder, I was at like 25-35% volume and I was already on par with my normal listening levels compared with the analog cable at 70-80%.
So these just blew my mind away, The soundstage is now much more expanded, the instrument separation and imaging is now much more pronounced (Probably because the cipher made the sound signature brighter and livelier.)
I don't know if its in the firmware EQ or the cables, but the cipher cable just changed it so much. The bass is now better than the IE800 and SE846 bass, Very punchy and fast, and also has a lot of oomph to it. (In a good way)
For me the IE800's subbass was the best, even better than the K10U, the subbass extension of the IE800 was the best to my preference. I haven't head other TOTL IEM's but compared to everything I heard, the IE800's beats SE846 and K10U's subbass.
But the subbass of the ISINE10 is now just awfully good, probably the same decay and extension as the IE800 but with more life to it. 

The soundstage is really good but it still won't beat a good overear HP soundstage like the HD800/K712/Fidelio. I'd say the soundstage compared to a headphone would be like a 650/6XX or even wider because the imaging and separation is just so good on these, especially with the Cipher cable.
At this price point these IEM's are now a steal with the cipher cable IMO. Would they still be a steal and a good price to performance ratio without the cipher cable? I'd say yes, some would argue but I think they're are still really good especially when you pair it with a good DAP/AMP.
I only have the OPPO HA-2SE as a portable amp, and I was already astounded with how they sounded with it using different cables. What more if you pair it with a high end DAP, and use a better cable.

I know that I might be all saying this just to justify my own purchase, but trust me, I'm not exaggerating about how good they are, with or without the cipher cable. I'm really actually critical when it comes to IEM's.
I liked the K10U's but I ditched em, heard the Oriolus, owned the SE846 and I all ditched them because I still think that the IE800's were better to my preference and genre (Classical/acoustic/EDM) and the price of the other IEM's were not as justifiable, (I bought my IE800 second hand for like 350$)
Bought the P1, because they sounded similar and actually better than the SE846, and at for 120$. Still use it today when I want a different sound signature.
Heard the Layla for about 10-15 minutes but I'd say I was more surprised and wowed by the iSIne10 especially because of their price! That's why I'm saying these are a steal at its price point. 

Can't really add more about the sound with cipher cable, but all I have to say is you gotta hear for yourself. They are still good without it but I'd say these are made to listen with the cipher cables, thats why I hope they make one soon that would be compatible with other devices.
IMO they are 30-40% better with the cipher cable and thats what make these babies all worth it. 

CONCLUSION:
These are good, I'd say these will now probably my main commute driver along with the IE800 and Pinnacle P1.
The fit/build/comfort are all good, but these just sound exceptional with a good DAP/AMP and especially with the cipher cable.
Some of you guys would say that I'm just exaggerating or maybe I'm payed by Audeze or something. But no, I bought this product for myself and they really sound astonishing to say the least.
All I gotta say is you gotta hear them for yourselves.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me! Hope this quick review helps some of you guys who are still thinking about buying it. (Trust me its worth it :D

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #1,138 of 7,352
You make some good points: with the specifications only released in Oct 2016, there is a good chance that most phones currently in the market may have different specifications.

However, I am very certain that most flagship smartphones in 2017 will use USB type c rather than micro USB and adhere to the stated specifications.

Audeze should release the cipher cable first rather than wait for type c smartphones to hit the market.

I'm not sure about the differences between UAC1 or 2, and I do not know if the cipher cable needs UAC2 to operate optimally.

Honestly I'm not expecting any sort of USB-c standardization until 2018, or whenever all the flagship phones drop their 3.5mm jack. Yes the USB spec is out, but it doesn't seem like anyone is really taking advantage of it.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1,139 of 7,352

I have to agree with you, the iSine 10 were fantastic for gaming last night. Easily the single greatest IEM I've ever tried for that purpose. After that experience I'm eager to get some head time with the iSine VR and a Vive or Rift. Tonight I brought home the 20 for some listening, but I only have the Cipher cable so I won't be doing any gaming with it this evening.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,140 of 7,352
It's not suprising what you all are saying about them being great for gaming.  I remember a few years back when people were saying the sennheiser omx 980 were excellent for gaming.  They are not the sealed kind either but rather more of the classic apple style.
people described them the same way.. very spacialized, easier than ever to tell where people were in relation to you in a first person shooter type game.. and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back