Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 23, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #841 of 7,352
iSine seem to be available to Private Lounge members now (however only 100 units).

Private...Lounge?
Is this some super secret part of Head-Fi that I'm not aware of?
I'm a certified Illuminati Lizard Jew. Can I join you?

Dec 23, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #842 of 7,352
Private...Lounge?

Is this some super secret part of Head-Fi that I'm not aware of?

I'm a certified Illuminati Lizard Jew. Can I join you?

Lol, well. It's an area for LCD series owners. You can register using your LCD thing serial number.

Got response from support team - they're planning to ship it Dec. 27th (unless something goes wrong).

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #845 of 7,352
No one had said anything about the difference between the Isine 10 and the Isine 20 that make the later worth $200 dollars more. I heard it described as smoother, and more detailed but..... I have heard the Sine and the Titanium, and there is a difference in presence, or mid-range due to the proximity of the driver to your ear. The equalization application can be used to minimized some of these differences, but there is still a difference in resolution, or detailing. Is this what the talk is about. Can anyone compare the Isine to the Sine, or any of the other headphones in the Audeze line other than the over a thousand dollar models. Yes comfort is an issue, and on-ear, over-ear, and in-ear are different, but the sound appears not to be. Audeze has signature style, or voice, and I for one would like to hear it compared to itself. Yes, the models I have selected are different in their close, or open arrangement. I will even concede that open head phone remove a veil that closed one have. I am a poor audiophile, and must make compromises when purchasing equipment. I try to eliminate the variables and just go for the sound. The question I want to know is the Isine a wonderful compromise between open and close headphone, or is it a real estate game, and the biggest driver wins? 

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #846 of 7,352
I did a brief listening comparison between the isine 10 and 20 and posted my impressions quite some time back and preferred the 10 by quite a bit, mostly because it is not as bass heavy and slightly flatter. But it wasn't a good comparison because I couldn't get a good fit with the provided ear tips.

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #847 of 7,352
Thanks for your reply. I am considering getting the Isine over the SIne, and wondering which one. Did you check the equalization on your Iphone to see if it was flat? Or did you listen to the two of them without the lighting cable. If the Isine 20 was bassy even with a bad fit that mean more attention to equalization to tame and train it. Thank you for your reply it is more information than I have gotten from anywhere else.

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #848 of 7,352
I did a brief listening comparison between the isine 10 and 20 and posted my impressions quite some time back and preferred the 10 by quite a bit, mostly because it is not as bass heavy and slightly flatter. But it wasn't a good comparison because I couldn't get a good fit with the provided ear tips.

I prefer the isine 10 as well over 20. I agree it is well balanced or as you say flatter. But I actually find the 10 has more bass than the 20. The 20 demo I tried is almost has no bass at all. Tried to use different tips and it is very consistent.

The iSine 10 also sound like lacking bass at first with the small silicon tips. But when I changed the tip to a bigger one and created a better seal, that is when I hear the bass which is wowed me. Not the usual bass thump or kick as the dynamic driver iems but it has a very nice texture, layer and depth.

The iSine 10 actually reminded me of Electrostatic headphone (SR-507 in particular) than a a typical Planar Magnetic headphone. I just placed a pre-order which is supposed to arrive around 2nd week of January. At the price Audeze is charging for, it's a no brainer IMO.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #849 of 7,352
@Audeze and anyone who has tested these, can you recommend them for active usage?  I am really interested to use these in home, but also while skiing and cycling.  It will be much safer to ski and bike through traffic with these open iems, because I will be more aware of my surroundings, but I am concerned about them being able to keep a seal while moving, especially while wearing a ski helmet.  Also, any pictures of how much they stick out of the ears?

-Thanks

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #850 of 7,352
I never use equalizers in my life, not because I am a snob but I almost always prefer the sound without an equalizer.

I tried them with and without the lightning cable. Without it, they sound like $5 earphones, no joke.

And I'll readily admit my impressions with regards to the bass could be flawed due to bad seals and imperfect fitting.

In any case, I will only like get these about 6 months after they're released because I'm worried about their durability; the demo units I was listening to had such loose wire connections that they drop at the slightest touch.

Dec 25, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #851 of 7,352
I find the trend to lightning cable/DAC quite strange. First I am using an android phone and listen to it via Mojo (OTG) so not relevant for me but I would be not surprised if Apple is abandoning the lightning connector and uses USB-C  in the next generation of phones/pads ( just look what they did with the recent Macbook Pros). Of course a DAC built in the cable allows to correct for (some) deficiencies in the sound of headphones via DSP. I hope that the iSines work well without it.

Reading about fit problems of the iSines I am wondering whether a similar mod to the one I did to my Stax S-001 on/in ear electrostats (see my avatar) would work for the iSines. I have problems with IEMs as my ear channels are narrow and differ from each other but these DIY custom ear molds make these Stax very comfortable and secure with minimal insertion. Will that work with iSines?

Dec 26, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #852 of 7,352
I think we had this friendly debate before, about whether apple will switch to USB c for iPhones and iPads. While I hope I'm wrong, I don't believe they will, because they will be losing a significant revenue source. They're earning big bucks now from their MFI program and they can't be charging for USB C, which is open source.

This is another reason why I'm firmly Android. In the near future, every device will have USB c and only apple products will be stuck with lightning and USB c.

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #854 of 7,352
Still not available. Guess my $400 is going else where. Good luck.

There are many options out there. So posting a comment like that helps nobody. Have you actually hear the iSine 10/20?

Pretty sure you have already an iem or headphone now. The question is, would you rather burn your 400 now and get the iSine in the future if turns out you really like them?

Or maybe you are developing an allergic reaction to cash that you have to get rid of them as quickly as possible.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back