Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 5, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #271 of 7,352

Yes, AD and DA improves voice calls and is compatible with SIRI.

too bad its not for samsung.. otherwise I would place an order def..

also, what about making mini-xlr3 connector to the plug these uses ? Im asking as some of us have mini balanced pocket DACs and they have mini xlr4 connector to guess what - LCD series connector.. so to even use these on the go with existing high end to go DACs and reuse the cables, we need that connector.. mabye a possibility for those with a samsung phone to choose that instead of the iphone da converter cable ? or simply make a samsung cable too..

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #272 of 7,352
LCD i3 specs and picture ? I couldnt find anything this related on audeze website.

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #273 of 7,352
  LCD i3 specs and picture ? I couldnt find anything this related on audeze website.

Audeze mentioned earlier that the pictures got delayed and they'll update us when pictures are done. They're suppose to be the same size and general design as the sine10 and 20.

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #274 of 7,352
Audeze mentioned earlier that the pictures got delayed and they'll update us when pictures are done. They're suppose to be the same size and general design as the sine10 and 20.

What are the technical differences between i3 and the iSine?

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #275 of 7,352
What are the technical differences between i3 and the iSine?

Quoted directly from Audeze's earlier post:

"The photo session went long, we should have them posted shortly. The LCD i3 uses the same nano-scale diaphragm as the LCD-4, and uses other premium materials. The nano diaphragms take a full two weeks to manufacture. And the i3 also comes with an analog cable and the CIPHER Lightning cable. You can try both and see what you prefer. "

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #276 of 7,352
Just look at the Galaxy S7 Edge.  Wireless charging.  IP68 water resistance.  Take it into a shower, no problems.  Gorgeous glass and metal finish.  Insane OLED Screen.  Virtual Reality (bit gimmicky but it's there). NFC. Works with magnetic swipe card terminals. LONGER BATTERY LIFE.  Fantastic camera with very fast focus and low light performance.  Then there is the rise of the Chinese brands that are selling like hot cakes in China, they sell premium phones for cut prices.  Now phones are coming out with USB Type-C ports.  When was the last time you were excited by an Apple product?  iPad Pro? ... 'meh'.  Apple watch? ... 'meh'.  iPhone 6S? ... 'meh'  3D touch?  ... 'meh'.  Me too camera? ... 'meh'.  Apple 'ecosystem'?  Meh, Android has an equally rich ecosystem.  Slave to iTunes?  Nope.  There will always be the fanboy debate and that's not the point of this post.  I'm talking about 'the wow factor' the 'next big thing'?  People expect that of Apple and about the best they could come up with was an Apple pencil that doesn't have an eraser and a rather unexciting watch.

Apple has never been about innovation, despite what they might want you to think. No, Apple is about execution. Pretty much everything Apple has done was already being done or had been done, it's just that Apple has a knack of knowing exactly when the technology available is suitable for a product, and then implementing it in such a way as it works exceptionally well.

Android could have been great if Google had adopted Apple's strategy of controlling both the hardware and the software. However as it stands Android is a fractured mess with a multitude of different manufacturers putting their own spin on what Android should be, and this leads to massive incompatibility problems, even across devices from the same manufacturer.

As to where the next exciting thing is coming from then I don't know. When you already have a device in your pocket, iOS or Android, which, when asked "What is it?" by somebody who's never seen a smartphone before, and the only really valid answer is "Whatever you would like it to be", it's very difficult to see where the next big thing is coming from.

Anyway, enough off topic from me.

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #277 of 7,352
I hope it's the iSine 10 that sound like "LCD-2"....these look great.

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #278 of 7,352

Quoted directly from Audeze's earlier post:

"The photo session went long, we should have them posted shortly. The LCD i3 uses the same nano-scale diaphragm as the LCD-4, and uses other premium materials. The nano diaphragms take a full two weeks to manufacture. And the i3 also comes with an analog cable and the CIPHER Lightning cable. You can try both and see what you prefer. "

ohh dear, time to start putting aside 2.4k usd.!

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #279 of 7,352
Apple has never been about innovation, despite what they might want you to think. No, Apple is about execution. Pretty much everything Apple has done was already being done or had been done, it's just that Apple has a knack of knowing exactly when the technology available is suitable for a product, and then implementing it in such a way as it works exceptionally well.

I agree with this completely. Apple doesn't usually do something first because they wait for the tech to be mature enough to use in our daily devices. Wireless charging for example hasn't been ready for Apple to adopt into a phone but we know they've been testing it for ages. It'll be released when they feel they've gotten it right and that it works in a way that suits 85% (number completely made up) of the market's needs. They are typically the first company to ditch a format that they feel is no longer a necessity but an optional extra. 3.5" floppy disks, optical drives, ethernet jacks and, if rumor holds true, the headphone jack. They're not typically innovative in the features themselves but they are innovative in their execution.

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #284 of 7,352
The specs says a max power handling of 3 watts but they don't specify at what frequency it was measured at and at what impedance.
The specs also says >120dB max spl yet again no specified power and at what frequency it was measured at.
My guess is these are not very efficient but that's just a guess on my part until Audeze publishes their specs or somebody measures it.

edit: correction not THD but impedance.

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #285 of 7,352
I actually saw them at IFA yesterday, digged them up despite the rather hidden booth. Then I just passed by... Some may like the design, but I'm definitely not one of those. Plus they are really big, the ear hooks looked intimidating, killing the rest of my wish to test drive them. Not for me, however good they might sound (but generally Audeze sound signatures do not fit my taste anyway). I returned later, but still no click, so that's that.

Will be interesting to see if there's a market for an open in-ear. To me in-ears are more of a compromise offering portability and isolation over comfort. These would not give me the advantages I expect for accepting the not-so-comfortable feeling of an in-ear. Plus those ear hooks... really don't look promising. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back