Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #4,727 of 7,352
I take no offence and am fine with you having this opinion. Couldn't disagree more tho. Big LoL. But I thank you for being so candid. I'd never have imagined anyone would think the compact, pocketable form factor, with soooper easy to use buttons would ever be divisive.

Good! Industrial design shouldn't matter, audio should be the only factor, but I can't help it, how stuff looks is important to me. If Mojo was THE only dac/amp on the market, I'd have to buy it. But look at this thread, in one day 2 people have compared iFi Nano BL favoribly to Mojo. And Nano is one third the price.

Ideally all my gear would look like this toy, unfortunately I've no use at all for just amp. Which DAC/amp on market today uses top shelf DAC, but lacks power to the extent that separate amp needs to be rubber ringed to it? Can't think of any today. Sony ZX1 was one such device, but that was 3 years ago.

I really want to have this toy in my pocket, just can't come up for a reason lol.
Look how nice it is. IBasso 'borrowed' somewhat from Porsche Design philosophy.

iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier.jpg

Now put Mojo next to it!

For comparison, a typical Porsche Design product:

Porsche Design 1.jpg

Porsche 1.jpg

Attachments

• Porsche player.jpg
    Porsche player.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #4,728 of 7,352
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_conductor

and my comments are based on it working properly with the iSine 20 and not some other device

No need for 'Electrical Conductor' Wikipedia page. It was I who recommended this Penon cable for isines here, couple of weeks ago, because I am very happy with it. And for its incredible value. It looks like and it is built like $150 cable. Or a $400 cable.

Several questions from fellow Headfiers quickly followed, asking if this Penon cable really fits Isines' socket. And I confirmed that it indeed does. Penon does not mention Isines specifically in their item title nor description. If they did, they'd sell hoodles.

It is a $15 USD cable, with free shipping Worldwide thrown in at no cost to buyer. Shipping cost to seller is not 0, Hong Kong is not China, it is extremely expensive corner of the world.

Maybe I shouldn't even speak to fellow Headfier, and just toss a link to seller's listing description, but I'm not gonna be that guy. Here:

Description:

MMCX / 2-PIN 0.78mm Connector

Cable Material: OFC Silver-Plated wire, TPE outside

Features: very soft wire, Silver-plated wire has good electrical conductivity, the maximum lossless transmission! As well as bright and shiny surface and silver layer has a high corrosion resistance. silver-plated copper wire can effectively improve the sound field, tri-band convergence, positioning more accurate, more texture, more transparent, better listen experience!

This cable a slight upgrade, it can be said that only a replacement cable

Wire length: about 1.25m (Y type); main wire: 80CM; sub-wire: 40CM
Diameter: the main cable diameter: 2.0MM; sub-line diameter: 1.6MM

4 * 19 core braided cable

2.5mm gold-plated carbon fiber plug (for 2.5mm balanced output device)
Metal splitter , metal housing earphone connector
2.5mm Balanced Plug Edition

s-l1600.jpg

Link to Wikipedia electrical conductor page, really!?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #4,729 of 7,352
No need for 'Electrical Conductor' Wikipedia page. It was I who recommended this Penon cable for isines here, couple of weeks ago, I am very happy with it.

It is a $15 USD cable, with free shipping Worldwide thrown in at no cost to buyer. Shipping cost to seller is not 0, Hong Kong is not China, it is extremely expensive corner of the world.

Maybe I shouldn't even speak to fellow Headfier, and just toss a link to seller's listing description, but I'm not gonna be that guy. Here:

Link to Wikipedia electrical conductor page, really!?

thanks for the link, but you asked if copper was a better conductor, I didn't. And why do you take offense when somebody has a different opinion than you? I made factual statements and stayed away from opinion and conjecture. This is a thread about the iSine, so my thoughts revolved around that topic

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #4,730 of 7,352
thanks for the link, but you asked if copper was a better conductor, I didn't. And why do you take offense when somebody has a different opinion than you? I made factual statements and stayed away from opinion and conjecture. This is a thread about the iSine, so my thoughts revolved around that topic

What offence? I love this cable, I don't have different opinion, I just asked if Copper is better conductor. As we are discussing a cable for Isines, my reply revolved around isines. Yes, this is a thread about Isines, I did recommend this cable for fellow iSine owners.

Where is the offence? To contrary, I am really happy you bought this cable, happy that people still buy reasonably priced cables. Penon Audio needs to be commended for offering high quality cable for the price of pack of cigarettes in NYC. Shipped free. Cable prices have become stratospheric, with no connection to cost of materials, and manufacturing. Sellers like Penon Sudio in Hong Kong needs to be recommended to everybody, especially isine owners. Other than Penon's cable, the only other cable for isines on ebay cost $140. It could be because it is a Silver cable.

EDIT: looked again, it costs $149.90, and offered pure OCC, or OCC with Silver plating, curiously Silver plated is exactly the same price as non silver plated OCC. It is the only cable that comes up in search result for 'Balanced 2.5mm cable iSine'. It USA made cable, if I was American, I would buy American.

I'm happy you like the cable. As for silver content, Penon Audio clearly sais in cable description that they consider it a replacement cable, not an upgrade, it says Silver plated in description. It is a $15 cable.

EDIT: Penon offers the same cable with higher Silver content for $99.00

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #4,731 of 7,352
What offence? I love this cable, I don't have different opinion, I just asked if Copper is better conductor. As we are discussing a cable for Isines, my reply revolved around isines. Yes, this is a thread about Isines, I did recommend this cable for fellow iSine owners.

Where is the offence? To contrary, I am really happy you bought this cable, happy that people still buy reasonably priced cables. Penon Audio needs to be commended for offering high quality cable for the price of pack of cigarettes in NYC. Shipped free. Cable prices have become stratospheric, with no connection to cost of materials, and manufacturing. Sellers like Penon Sudio in Hong Kong needs to be recommended to everybody, especially isine owners. Other than Penon's cable, the only other cable for isines on ebay cost $140. It could be because it is a Silver cable.

EDIT: looked again, it costs $149.90, and offered pure OCC, or OCC with Silver plating, curiously Silver plated is exactly the same price as non silver plated OCC. It is the only cable that comes up in search result for 'Balanced 2.5mm cable iSine'. It USA made cable, if I was American, I would buy American.

I'm happy you like the cable. As for silver content, Penon Audio clearly sais in cable description that they consider it a replacement cable, not an upgrade, it says Silver plated in description. It is a $15 cable.

EDIT: Penon offers the same cable with higher Silver content for $99.00

re read my initial impression of the cable and try and leave your thoughts out of what I wrote... I stated in plain English what my thoughts were with no opinion whatsoever. I even stated I was unsure of the quantity and purity of the "silver".

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #4,733 of 7,352
Audeze still has a lot of potential with the iSine series to be an endgame all-arounder, especially now that they have the iSine LX at $199. The modular design of the iSine would make adding a Bluetooth accessory seamless.

IMO the iSine design is extremely well-suited for a truly wireless AirPods style accessory. Neckband style would be adequate but not preferred. I’d take a long hard look at the iSine again if I could switch off between Bluetooth (instead of using AirPods) and a cable.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #4,735 of 7,352
There is just one thing i'm concerned with with the isine 20's
I can see there is alot of earwax sometimes, and i really clean them every 2days or so (i produce much earwax)
But some of the tiny/small bits of earwax are too deep to reach in the tubes and eventually fall down further in the iem itself inside
My concern is when more of this happens and earwax will start to stack inside the isine and change the sound or decrease soundquality
There is also no way to open it and clean it out :/

Any of you guys have this problem or worried about that?

@Audeze is there any way to clean this out in future?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back